BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

My "F"ing back!!!!!

My lower back is killing me. I did deads last Monday and my back hurt afterwards (which is usually normal) and usualy stops the next day or later that week. Well it's still hurting and it's worrying me. I'm going to make an appointment to go see my doc. Of course I know what she'll say..... quit going to the gym. But I'll feel better knowing that it's just a strained muscle or something minor compared to a screwed up disc. I've been stretching it which somewhat seems to help, but sitting all day behind this desk is killing my back. I'm just hoping it's nothing serious. I missed most of last week and this weekend do to being sick. I'm taking it easy though.... no need to risk permanent injury. Just felt like griping a little.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Thanks for sharing

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    Yhea big tex. That sux about your back. Feel better you will be back to 100% in no time. better off safe then sorry

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    The joys of lower back pain. Mine got so bad at one point I finally went for treatment. My recommendation is to go try acupuncture. It was the only treatment that finally made mine feel better. PT and the Chiropractor did shit and was a waste of time IMO. Just an idea for you if it starts to become chronic.

Quote Originally Posted by Catamount
    Just an idea for you if it starts to become chronic.
    God I hope it doesn't!!! I have tried acupuncture in college with my neck problems. I may give it a try, but I first just want to get it checked to make sure there's no major damage.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Suck it up big boy!! pull up that skirt and stop crying

J/K bud!! Be careful bro, nothing worse than back problems.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    Suck it up big boy!! pull up that skirt and stop crying
    Oh yeah kick me while I'm down.... Just wait till I'm 100% again damn you!!!!! abstrack.

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    God I hope it doesn't!!! I have tried acupuncture in college with my neck problems. I may give it a try, but I first just want to get it checked to make sure there's no major damage.

Good idea....wouldn't do much good if it was serious.

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    Hey b tex I did the exact same thing a while ago, my back hurt so much i couldn't hardly get in my truck. So I went to see the doc, and he said it was just a bad muscle spasm in my lower back, he just made me do back stretches for about 3-4 days, it hurt like hell to do but it worked and i was good. Hopefully nuthin serious. Speedy recover bro.

hybrid is offline Member
    I've noticed for me that I really listen to what my back is telling me when I do deadlifts. I love to push the envelope, but when I do it on a bad day I usually end up hurting my back and it takes awhile for it to recover. Yesterday my back was tight when doing my back workout, so I just decided to skip deads. It never fails, if I did the deads, I would have made it too sore. Plus it sucks because you can't squat then either.

Yeah, I'm stretching it, but this feels a bit different than a sore muscle pain. But yeah I listen to my body and everything was fine during my workouts, the only ting different I did that day was some hyper extensions afterwards...... ahhhh that might be it.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    back pain sux!
    feel better bro...

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm young, i can do deadlifts with no problems what so ever...even with bad form!

-- clocky baby

p.s. hehe, not that i use bad form...
    p.s.s yall are geezers... haha, just kidding...=)

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    A chiropractor fixed my sore back in a couple months (and lots of $$$). The problem returned 6 months later, and my insurance wouldn't cover any more chiropractor visits, so I went to an osteopath (a combination MD and chiropractor). He fixed me up in two visits, showed me how to keep the problem from re-occuring, and I've been a happy camper ever since. Never been back to the chiropractor.
    Point of all this, check out your local osteopathic physicians for back problems. Get stretched, manipulated, along with excellent muscle relaxers (chiropractors can't prescribe medicine).

Quote Originally Posted by clockworks
    i'm young, i can do deadlifts with no problems what so ever...even with bad form!

-- clocky baby

p.s. hehe, not that i use bad form...
    p.s.s yall are geezers... haha, just kidding...=)
    Who ya calling a geezer, jackass..... I'm only 3 years older than you!!!!!!!!!

"Everybody continue to kick the old fart when he is down!!""
    abstrack@protonmail.com

When the hell did 25 become old?!?!?!?!? Damn you youngun's!!! Isn't it past your bedtime???

damm it i am older than you, so what does that make me??

I still look better than you!!:
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    damm it i am older than you, so what does that make me??

I still look better than you!!:
    LMAO!!!! Ok. Ok. I've always been taught to respect my elders..... would you like some gerital?

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    you know...there's an easy cure for that

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    When the hell did 25 become old?!?!?!?!? Damn you youngun's!!! Isn't it past your bedtime???
    haha...=) see, you're in your mid-twenties while i'm still in my early twenties...i got a nice buffer zone (of one year) while i can still talk shit...till i cross over into the mid-twenties myself...

-- cb

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I can't believe I'm just stumbling across this now, as it perfectly sets me up for something I've been waiting to pull for some time now.

I find it rather troubling that you are complaining about your back. After all, each and every New Englander walks around approximately 100% of the time with a sore back...the result of overuse as we are expected to carry this country culturally!

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    I can't believe I'm just stumbling across this now, as it perfectly sets me up for something I've been waiting to pull for some time now.

I find it rather troubling that you are complaining about your back. After all, each and every New Englander walks around approximately 100% of the time with a sore back...the result of overuse as we are expected to carry this country culturally!
    Yeah, yeah......don't ya'll also suffer severe nose bleeds from walking with them constantly up in the air? esides you "upper class" New Englanders, don't carry anything on your backs..... that's what the servants ya'll have are for.

redrock is offline Member
    Not to ruin your day, but I have been out of the gym the last two weeks due to a torn ligament in my lower back. I was doing barbell rows, felt wierd discomfort, didn't think anything of it, went on to deads. 2nd rep in I felt a sharp pain in my low back. It has been 4 weeks total since I injured it and I am just now starting cardio.

It hurt me really bad to sit and drive. Standing eased the pain. My therapist did some deep tissue, myofascial work and it seems to help. Hope it's not a disc, doesn't sound like it though. Are you having pain your legs? That sometimes points towards a slipped or ruptured disc. REDROCK

LMAO!!!! Ok. Ok. I've always been taught to respect my elders..... would you like some gerital?

I hate you
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I will give you my horror story. I never had a problem with my back in 15 years of lifting. Could squat and DL heavy with no problems. One day I am carrying some 130lb dumbells to do inclines and twisted funny as I turned to sit down. Since then I have had three herniated disc, have a constant pain and numbing down my left leg and pray to the Gods everytime I squat or deadlift over 405. I have tried Chiropractors, PT's, Sports Medicine Doctors and none of it has helped. Hope that cheered you up.

Thanks Rickson. I hope that oneday you can lift again pain free. I don't think it's serious, just that I've never had a back pain last this long before.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Big T sorry bout the back Bro. Back pain sucks a$$. I’m in the same boat as Rickson. I lifted all through college and into my mid twenties and like Rickson was moving a ten pound cable reel (ten f’in pounds mind you) twisted from left to right and bam back pain ever since. About every three or five years my back goes out and all I can do is wait till it heals. Nothing and no one has ever been able to cure it and I’ve tried everything. Of course all the doc’s want to operate but every guy I know that has had surgery ends up having another surgery every three or four years later. I love DL’s but on back days if I don’t feel 100% I skip them and wait till next time. Hope you feel better soon

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Green
    After all, each and every New Englander walks around approximately 100% of the time with a sore back...the result of overuse as we are expected to carry this country culturally!
    Big Green I was under the impression it was due to lobster traps? J/J

Thread Information