• 1 Post By Obs
  • 2 Post By PeanutbutterDC
  • 1 Post By PeanutbutterDC

Thread: Dnp death

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~

Dnp death

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-44634226

Eloise Parry death: Bernard Rebelo convicted of manslaughter

A man has been found guilty of the manslaughter of a bulimic student who bought a toxic slimming aid online.

Eloise Parry, 21, from Shrewsbury, died after taking eight diet pills containing dinitrophenol (DNP ).

Bernard Rebelo, 30, of Gosport, was convicted of two counts of manslaughter at Inner London Crown Court.

Before she died in April 2015, Miss Parry needed hospital treatment several times for side effects of the tablets.

Midlands Live: Firefighters battle moorlands 'arson'; Sonar equipment to help search lake for missing boy

Rebelo, who denied manslaughter, admitted during the trial he sold the pills to her, but said there was a warning about the drug on his website.

Manslaughter charges were dropped against Albert Huynh, 33, from Northolt, north-west London, and Mary Roberts, 32, from Gosport, after the judge rule there was insufficient evidence the pair were involved.

Miss Parry, a student at Glyndwr University, Wrexham, had had mental health problems as a teenager and as well as the bulimia had a borderline personality disorder.

DNP: The pills used by slimmers and bodybuildersDiet drug not for consumption, jury told'Overwhelmed' hospital missed DNP overdoseLethal' DNP diet pills still on sale despite crackdown

DNP is a highly toxic substance when ingested, inhaled or absorbed through the skin.

Declared unfit for human consumption in the US as far back as 1938, it causes weight loss by burning fat and carbohydrates, with energy being converted into heat.

Image captionBernard Rebelo has been told to expect a lengthy sentence

Miss Parry had become "focused" on losing weight before her death, her sister Rebecca, 19, told the trial.

She seemed "too enchanted by her weight loss to acknowledge how unhealthy she was getting".

Miss Parry started taking the pills in February 2015, and quickly became addicted to them.

In a statement read to the court, Rebecca said she was with her sister on 11 April, the evening before she died in hospital.

She left her at about 21:00 BST after a conversation about her ordering a takeaway before noticing the next day Miss Parry had binged on food before taking the diet pills.

Image captionDNP tablets bought online by the BBCImage captionHarrow Council searched the flat where Rebelo was based

And in texts to her university lecturer hours before she died, Miss Parry said: "I screwed up big time. Binged/purged all night and took four pills at 4am.

"I took another four when I woke and I started vomiting soon after. I think I am going to die.

"No one is known to survive if they vomit after taking DNP. I am so scared."

Rebelo was operating from a flat in Harrow, north west London, and made the capsules to be sold online for considerable profits, his trial was told.

The chemicals were bought in drums from China, bypassing authorities such as the Food Standards Agency and Interpol which had tried to close the operation down.

Graham Henson, leader of Harrow Council, which was involved in bringing the prosecution, said: "This sets a precedent that we can now prosecute people for selling pesticides, like DNP, online as a slimming agent."

Rebelo is due to be sentenced on Friday.

I

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Damn.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Wow!

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Man that is just depressing. Someone is drunk or for any other reason just ingests something then they're waiting for their death with no possibility of stopping it.

If someone reads these stories and still insists on arguing for it's use (and UGL stuff where dosing is a gamble), they're either an incredibly stupid troll or a psychopath of the highest degree.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinmuscles View Post
    Man that is just depressing. Someone is drunk or for any other reason just ingests something then they're waiting for their death with no possibility of stopping it.

If someone reads these stories and still insists on arguing for it's use (and UGL stuff where dosing is a gamble), they're either an incredibly stupid troll or a psychopath of the highest degree.
    And to think there are people that tell you how to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    And to think there are people that tell you how to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know what you are thinking and you are right...

Lets do it!
    charger69 likes this.

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    As long as women are valued primarily for their looks and being fat is considered a moral failing, eating disorders will be a thing. Desperate people will go to desperate measures
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutbutterDC View Post
    As long as women are valued primarily for their looks and being fat is considered a moral failing, eating disorders will be a thing. Desperate people will go to desperate measures
    I value women for being the only graceful creature capable of loving me, enough to be tearful talking about how much they love me.
    And because they are hot!
    PeanutbutterDC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I value women for being the only graceful creature capable of loving me, enough to be tearful talking about how much they love me.
    And because they are hot!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180627_235750.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	167.7 KB 
ID:	173258

Feminine af

*apologies, folks. Prolly shouldn't post when I'm on pain pills. At least I edited the bad word
    hollowedzeus and Obs like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutbutterDC View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180627_235750.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	167.7 KB 
ID:	173258

Feminine af

*apologies, folks. Prolly shouldn't post when I'm on pain pills. At least I edited the bad word
    Lmao

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    I can’t fathom why anyone would take a pesticide to lose body fat. Even for competition, a trophy isn’t worth your life.

At least gross abuse of AAS takes YEARS to kill you from heart disease.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Bump.

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Such a tragedy, there's a reason why DNP is banned and has been for decades
    Last edited by JohnnnyBlazzze; 07-03-2018 at 12:15 AM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    "Before she died in April 2015, Miss Parry needed hospital treatment several times for side effects of the tablets."

Where is the personal responsibility? Sorry but I would not have to be hospitalized more than 1x to know to stop taking something.

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    "Before she died in April 2015, Miss Parry needed hospital treatment several times for side effects of the tablets."

Where is the personal responsibility? Sorry but I would not have to be hospitalized more than 1x to know to stop taking something.
    I was thinking the same before I edited my original post.

It said she had spoke prior to her friend about not being able to regulate her body heat. She was well aware that her body was overheating yet she still took 8 pills in a 24hour time span after a binge eating session. So sad

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

Mental illness isn't a character defect. I feel sorry for her.
    JohnnnyBlazzze likes this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Very sad!

Thread Information