Zoran is offline New Member

Writing a essay paper on Steriods in Bodybuilding and I could use some help.

Well I am writing a essya paper for my major project in college and I chose to do it on steriods in bodybuilding and how it gives advantages to compeditors and disadvantages to compeditors who don't use. The only problem I have is that it is a very very wide and open topic and I need to have it more focuses on one aspect, like just at shows or at the gym etc. Does anyone know of any good books pertaining to this that I could take a look at. I really appreciate everyones help and if you have a personal opinion about my subject or how i can make it better please feel free

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    so are you just going to write about the advantages and disadvantages or is it going to be talking what happens when it is abused in bbing

wrstlr69sdnl

P.S. also focus on the how the diet is the biggest part in steroid and bodybuilding because without good eating your likley not to grow more info bro and would be glad to help I did a speach kind of like this Its pretty easy to find info

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    About 10 years ago, I helped a young lady (then 15 yoa) with the same thing. She needed to turn in a paper about drugs and she had nothing to go by. She was a customer of ours at the drug store where I worked and I knew her since she was 13. So I told her to bring her books in our breakroom and I'll see her in a few. I later showed her a book that I carried in my car that I was reading at the time. "MASS" by Dr. Fredrick Hatfield. There was a chapter on steroids and she told a shitload of information from my book. A week later, she thanked the hell out of me and told me that she got an A+ from the project.

If you want something better, go to www.steroidworld.com . Lots of info there too.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    The Free E-books thread in the main steroid forum should be a WEALTH of information for you. You'll find more textual information in there than you would in most libraries.

Hey that alot for the help!! Well wrstlr69sdnl thats the thing I am not to sure how I should go about this and because the bodybuilding world is so vast its hard to narow it down to a certain aspect. My first approach was to talk about how users get more advantage over the non users in compations and how it make was an unfair advantage. This would also lead me to talk about the effects it has on the business aspect of the sport and the name it is given and such. BUT I felt this would lead into an ongoing topic which wouldn't flow well with eachother. This paper is for an english class and it has to be 200 words and I need to have charts and graphs in it also so I am not sure how I could incorporate those thypes of material with my topic. Man oh man why did I go to college Does anyone think the evolution of steriods in bodybuilding is a good topic?? From a hand full of dbols to GH. Thanks again for all the great help and info!!

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't think you can do a paper based on Bodybuilders who are on steroids getting the advantage. One simple reason. Show me one Professional Bodybuilder who is not on. If you think you have found one chances are he's lying.

Quote Originally Posted by RON
    I don't think you can do a paper based on Bodybuilders who are on steroids getting the advantage. One simple reason. Show me one Professional Bodybuilder who is not on. If you think you have found one chances are he's lying.
    <High 5 to Ron>

I remember when I first got into bodybuilding/weightlifting, I was your typical newbie reading and believing those Weider magazines and how Joe Weider often claimed that none of his champions used steroids . Then I subscribed to receive the USA Today newspaper and did I get a rude awakening.

I remember one morning reading an article about professional bodybuilders and AAS. And what do you know? Two of Weider's follies were interviewed, Tom Platz and Chris Gaspiri. Both not only admitted to using, but Gaspiri even said, "You can never be a champion usless you're using steroids." Hell, I don't know if any of you remember but I still remember when Arnold appeared on "Late Night with David Letterman" on two different occassions. The first time, he denied using but on the 2nd occassion (as he was promoting "Predator") he admitted.

ZORAN: Bro, I remember when I was in college and had to turn in 2 research papers one day apart from one another. OH YEAH!!! I remember college. And on that note, I doubt if you'll be able to submit an essay of that magnitude with only 200 words. So my advice to you is that when you've gathered up all of the information that you will use and you've gone through a few rough drafts, don't try and narrow your essay to 200 words (unless your professor/instructor clearly instructs you to use no more than 200). I hope you find the necessary information. Good Luck with your essay, bro.
    Last edited by TheChosen1; 07-17-2003 at 01:34 PM.

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    I did the same paper with bodybuilding and steroid use for my chemistry class two years ago....the university's library had about 10 books that I used as sources but none of it pertained to bodybuilding. More of steroid structure and the difference for each drug...honestly this board will help you out more than any book in the lib....good luck and have fun with it.....wish I was writing a paper on that again instead I have to do one on environmental issues.....yawn

Hey sorry guys I didn't notice I messed up. My paper is 2000 words Well I had a bunch of choices like the way Bush is runnign office or our enviroment and stuff but I figured I would write bout this cuz I could have some room to play with cuz my teacher knows nothing of the world of bodybuilding. What does any think would be a good topic to write about in the bodybuilding area?? I am trying real hard to keep my mark above a 90 so thats why I want room to work with by doin a topic she knows nothng about. Does anyone think the topic I had bout how steriods evolved in bodybuilding is any good??

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    You could say steroids evolved from the rapid advancement of technology. You could show the advancements in vet grades, human grades, and synthetics. You could then even go into HGH.

You could show how HGH use has risen over time and show why. ie) great results, fat burning, skin toning, etc. Explain how HGH has been improved over time...from the early days of extraction from cadavers to today's HGH.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoran
    Hey sorry guys I didn't notice I messed up. My paper is 2000 words Well I had a bunch of choices like the way Bush is runnign office or our enviroment and stuff but I figured I would write bout this cuz I could have some room to play with cuz my teacher knows nothing of the world of bodybuilding. What does any think would be a good topic to write about in the bodybuilding area?? I am trying real hard to keep my mark above a 90 so thats why I want room to work with by doin a topic she knows nothng about. Does anyone think the topic I had bout how steriods evolved in bodybuilding is any good??
    ========================

Keep the topic fairly narrow . . . don't want to cover "All There Is To Know About Steroids ."
    Topics of interest might include:
    Why steroids are illegal
    How anabolic steroids increase muscle mass
    An overview of the 20 (or 30?) most popularly used anabolic steroids
    How to beat a test for anabolic steroids
    How to gain 30 lbs in 10 weeks with anabolic steroids
    Anabolic effects on women in bodybuilding
    Crime (or, The Legal System) and anabolic steroids
    Theraputic uses of anabolic steroids

Or, you could write on the effects of just one particular steroid , like testosterone suspension , or "compare and contrast" the various varieties of testosterone (suspension, prop, eth, cyp, etc etc etc), or write on why some steroids stack better than others, and what makes a good combination.

The possibilities boggle the mind . . .
    Good luck, and post the final result when you're done. In fact, might want to post your outline and/or rough draft when you get them done, and get some input from the experts here . . .

What type of essay does this have to be?
    Compare/contrast?
    Descriptive?
    Argumentative?

Dude, I remember this one fucking professor that I had who would pick the most boring ass topics for us to write about. They always had to do with television and it was clear that she was opposed to television viewing. Well, try writing an essay to argue about something that you enjoy. Needless to say, since we never got to chose our own topics until the end of the course, alot of us (myself included) dropped her course to avoid failing it. In fact, her course was one of the research papers that I had to do. Her's was due the day after my philosophy research. Luckily, we got to chose a topic and she was surprised that my research paper earned me a B, despite my dropping the course.

She asked me why was I able to do such good work on that paper and not my essays. I bluntly told her that her topics were boring most of the time. But she set me straight and told me that if I wanted to be a writer, there would be quite a few times when I may get an assignment that I don't agree with but will still have to work with it. Got to admit, she was right (though I never became a professional writer, persay).

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    I know this doesn't really pertain to bodybuilding but a cool subject would be the use of steroids by German athletes and how the government made them take them without there consent.....but that's probably more of a history paper.

Thread Information