Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator

Lightbulb AR enhancement – any other thoughts or ideas!?

Well guys I’m writing this to do a little venting as well as possibly help be a solution. As many of you are aware there are people on this board that are giving out advice when they are inexperienced in the AS scene. I AM NOT POINTING FINGERS AT ANYONE. As I go through threads that have incorrect information posted I find myself getting a bit perturbed. People read these threads believing the incorrect advice to be gospel. We all have different views on what works the best and we all realize that…but it’s the blatant incorrect information that is the culprit.

I think I’m going to create more work for the mods (and I apologize) but I think this board could benefit from this idea. If anyone sees blatant incorrect information then why not report it with a description of the problem. The mods can then delete the post or edit it as they see fit. If mods find this to be a waste of their time…I personally am volunteering myself to help. There have been so many bad posts lately…and I don’t want to complain…I want to help and/or be a part of the solution to the problem. I’ve taken from this board and I am willing to give my time and energy back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -ar-4-life.jpg  

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I agree with you and have noticed the same threads your speaking of.

In most cases, I corect the person and ask them not to advise anymore but there are a few that remain to spit out info that is skewed or a blatent unresearched assumption.

I feel this is as much of a problem as any unacceptable insulting post as this actually poses a potential danger to the readers.

Unfortunately we're always going to have some overzealous members who want to contribute before they are actually ready. I think extreme cases should be reported(these being posts that would seem to only be percieved as a typo to the knowledgable memebers but could be mistaken by the newer guys)
    The minor mistakes, which do not pose a danger, such as posts that contribute to the spread of misinformation instead of increasing the education experience should be handled as swiftly by the members as it is by the Mods.

Their is no cure for the this problem, but their is certainly room for more awarness.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    I agree with you and have noticed the same threads your speaking of.

In most cases, I corect the person and ask them not to advise anymore but there are a few that remain to spit out info that is skewed or a blatent unresearched assumption.

I feel this is as much of a problem as any unacceptable insulting post as this actually poses a potential danger to the readers.

Unfortunately we're always going to have some overzealous members who want to contribute before they are actually ready. I think extreme cases should be reported(these being posts that would seem to only be percieved as a typo to the knowledgable memebers but could be mistaken by the newer guys)
    The minor mistakes, which do not pose a danger, such as posts that contribute to the spread of misinformation instead of increasing the education experience should be handled as swiftly by the members as it is by the Mods.

Their is no cure for the this problem, but their is certainly room for more awarness.
    I actually read what you wrote and I was glad to see that a vet/mod did respond. I would have liked to have said those exact same words but I didn't feel that I had the stroke to do it. I think you handled that situation correctly. Unfortunately the misinformation continues.

Sooner or later someone is going to get hurt or have some nasty sides from taking advice from an inexperienced person.

Quote Originally Posted by hercules88
    i think these people should be reported, because wrong information can lead to serious health problems. as for the "no cure" i think reporting would do a great job and give them like 3 strikes your out thing. after a while and bannings if they happen im sure we can get this to stop.
    I agree bro...someone could get hurt.

I just don't know how to install the 3 strikes rule. It's a very subjective area.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    MBH & Pheedno you guys are right and I believe that misinformation is detrimental to the "stroke" of the board! I hate to think someone would run out and ex. shoot there liquidex. I know from my point of view I don't have any cycle experience YET! (VERY SOON!) So when I give info I prequalify it with that. I've spent entirely too much time on this board researching and I don't claim to know everything. I think it's very important that info is validated or correct!

SID

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I agree with you guys and have openly corrected these individuals when I see it happening. It's not just up to the mods to take care of these individuals giving out bad info but us members as well. If you see someone giving bad advise, speak out against them, don't be afraid or worried about getting flamed. As a member we all need to do our part in keeping the information being shared on this board as accurate and correct as possible.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    I agree with you guys and have openly corrected these individuals when I see it happening. It's not just up to the mods to take care of these individuals giving out bad info but us members as well. If you see someone giving bad advise, speak out against them, don't be afraid or worried about getting flamed. As a member we all need to do our part in keeping the information being shared on this board as accurate and correct as possible.
    True....kind of like hockey, police ourselves!

SID

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    we do take note of people giving out dodgy or unexperienced advice, and will in fact warn people if we see it but you guys can "respectfully" point out to people or just let us know if you see this so we can sort it out, no one wants anyone getting hurt cos of shitty advise

peace

Bump...b/c I think it's important.

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    bump, good thread

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Trust me this isn't a new thing!

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    It all comes down to members reporting other members who give harmful advice. If enough members do their part by speaking up (clicking 'Report Post' or PMing a mod) we'll be able to do our part by taking action.

Thread Information