Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By yeahbuddy289
  • 1 Post By Couchlockd

Thread: Rogue ohio bar vs west side bar

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Rogue ohio bar vs west side bar

Need to get a better bar for my home gym. I think I have it narrowed down to the rogue Ohio powerlifting bar and the rogue west side barbell bar. One of the gyms I use to train at had the west side bar and I liked it a lot. I like a bar with really good knurling to help with grip and I also prefer it to have a knurled center to keep it in place when back squatting. The Ohio bar is slightly cheaper, other than that I don’t see much of a difference between the two. Any one have experience with either one of these bars? Or perhaps another bar that’s just as good but cheaper?? Lol

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I like Rogue equipment, but if I had the spare $$ to drop on a bar, I would also looking at some of Chris Duffin's stuff. However I don't think you could go wrong with any of the three brands.

https://store.kabukistrength.net/collections/bars-1

I will say I am cheap and if I went for one of Duffin's bars, I would probably hold out for a cosmetic blemish in the style I want. He has them periodically and you can sign up for his.newsletter which often has the blemished bars listed, and they go quick.

https://store.kabukistrength.net/col...smetic-blemish

My squat bar is an El cheapo and is getting a bow in it.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-14-2018 at 09:05 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Any gym had tons of Ohio bars and Texas dead lift bars.

Also, you lift at home like me, right, yeahbuddy? If so, keep an eye on CL, garage sales, and places like that. That's usually where I find a decent deal.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Yeah I just finally got my set up moved into my house from my parents so I’m going to be training at home now as much as possible. I’ve been looking on Craigslist and eBay for the bars I want... no luck so far.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    Yeah I just finally got my set up moved into my house from my parents so I’m going to be training at home now as much as possible. I’ve been looking on Craigslist and eBay for the bars I want... no luck so far.
    It takes a while sometimes. Took me ages to collect my stuff and I still try to keep an eye out now for stuff just for fun.
    If you're near big city, don't rule out the refurbished gym equipment places. They sometimes have good deals on new/nearly new stuff. If you're looking at bars make sure roll the bar to make sure it's straight and check the ends,knurling, etc. as well. I'm sure you know that, but thought I would throw that out there.

I bit the bullet and ordered the rogue Ohio power bar... next thing on my list are dumbbells. I have them up to 70... just gotta keep looking like you said to find that deal on some used ones.

I bit the bullet and ordered the rogue Ohio power bar... next thing on my list are dumbbells. I have them up to 70... just gotta keep looking like you said to find that deal on some used ones.
    Facebook marketplace.

Or you order SDH4 handles and 1$ per pound plates from dicks. 8 10s on each gives about 84 lbs

Attachment 174489

These are 89# built with 4-12.5s, 2-10s, and 2-7.5s each. Loktite bolt call it a day.

I got lucky and found some old well used Hampton Fitness pro d'bells on CL. Pairs of 100, 105, 110, and 115 lbs for $300. Like Couch mentioned Facebook has stuff. One of the guys I used to work with used the Facebook Man Cave yard sale site. Got some decent bargains.

Attachment 174490

Just got this guy down to 175 and wasn't even trying.

I'm not buying, just testing him out.

It's easy on FB, most will give you the weights, all you gotta do is "get them the fuck out my basement".
    almostgone likes this.

Thread Information