BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

the movie "Signs"

Has anyone of ya'll seen this movie, with Mel Gibson???? Man it has fucked me up!!! I'm sitting here and hear shit outside and I'm to worried to look out the window. Man I don't want to see some freaking alien staring back at me. What are ya'lls thoughts on this movie??? Cause I'm gonna have to go buy it now.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    That was a friggin cool movie, man! Same thing happened to me I'd look outside and expect a big grey face staring back at me.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    I didn't really like it...prolly cuz i HATED the ending...little freaky tho i'll admit.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    yhea it was awsome with the water glasses and bat come into play

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Awesome movie!!! Every little noise made me jump.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    That was a great movie.

They filmed it in Bucks County not too far from where I live.

peaker is offline Senior Member
    thats shit fucked me up when i saw that fucken massive thing walk past!

peaker

popa is offline Senior Member
    ya it was a trippy movie thats for sure

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kc
    I didn't really like it...prolly cuz i HATED the ending...little freaky tho i'll admit.
    i gotta agree with kc. i also don't like mel gibson...=P

-- clocky baby

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    "Swing away, marat"

Coolest line in the movie, and then he just beats that alien down

Glad to hear I'm not the only one it messed with. Now when I stand at the sink and wash dishes I don't even look up put the window, my wife just laughs at me.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah, it was trippy... have you seen "The Ring" yet? that's a F***ed up movie too... the way that little girl moves, she was just ON that dude at the end man, freaked my shit out bad!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    You know the part were the alien puts itīs finger under the door (after mel locked it in the storage room), it scared the shit out of me. 2 days later my moms cat is in the kitchen and the door is closed, she wants out and puts her leg out under it, i almost went number #2 when i walked by

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    I've saw it for the third time Sunday because I love that movie and it still made me jump.....sweet movie

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    You know the part were the alien puts itīs finger under the door (after mel locked it in the storage room), it scared the shit out of me. 2 days later my moms cat is in the kitchen and the door is closed, she wants out and puts her leg out under it, i almost went number #2 when i walked by
    LAMO!!!! Man, I never thought a movie would freak me out like it did.

Palme if that would of happened to me, I would of had a heartattack let alone crapping my drawers.

Latin-muscle is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ripped4fsu
    yeah, it was trippy... have you seen "The Ring" yet? that's a F***ed up movie too... the way that little girl moves, she was just ON that dude at the end man, freaked my shit out bad!
    The ending when the girls gets out of the TV really scared the bejesus out of me. great movie

SneakerSeven is offline Junior Member
    It was decent, but the "weakness" was SO STUPID it completely killed the movie for me. I realize that the aliens are not the point of the movie, but to have such a glaring flaw is jarring, especially coming from M Night who I'd like to think pays attention to all the little details in a movie.

Water? WATER? On a planet that's mostly made up of water? Um... we see the aliens walking in a cornfield at night... with FOG! And what do you think are on the cornstalks? DEW!!! Sloppy sloppy.
    When M Night himself mentiones the "lake" part in the movie, I thought for sure "this must be a red herring, it can't possibly be true..." but sure enough... ugh.

Well, it WAS directed well. And Mel Gibson, who I can't usually take (his acting ability tends to be how loud he can yell) was ok. I guess he works better for the parts where he keeps his trap shut =p

(disclaimer: yes, I'm harsh on movies!)

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    I didn't like it. Weird camera work and slow plot.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    that movie is freaky
    i'd like that. when i went to sleep that night i closed my blinds on the window. i dont wanna see no 7foot skinny big eyed thing lookin at me.

Palme
    you that that part in the flick, and gibson is using that knife to see whats in the room. i wouldnt even bother i would be gone. only way i'ma see whats in that room is if i gott some some machine guns, two other people with me with guns,explosives, and two jet Li type of guys with me.

posterhunk is offline Junior Member
    The Movie Signs Is A Cool Thriller To Watch With Your Love One.

BIG R is offline Member
    Whats weird is the part that stayed with me the most..................... the series of events the lead up to Gibson finding his wife at the accident scene practically cut in half on that tree. Everything was total sureal at that point for the charachter played my Mel. My heart stoped because at that instant because it was written backwards so you already know what he is about to go find out.
    The movie all in all was spectacular in different aspects. I also liked the basement scene where they are trying to get away from the invation. Pheonix was good only I still HATE him because of my favorite move of all time: Gladiator.....he did such a good job that I still hate him!

R

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    I gotta agree.... everytime I see him in a movie I don't like him and I couldn't figure it out until you just mentioned that about gladiator!

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    If you liked that flick, you'll love "Coast To Coast" on late night AM radio . . . check out
    www.coasttocoastam.com
    They cover all sorts of wild-ass stuff, like reptile creatures from the earth's center (and how the Queen of England and her whole family are actually shape-shifting reptiles), crop circles, mind control, end of the world prophecies, that sort of thing. Surprisingly entertaining for being sheer lunacy . . .

nj juice is offline Member
    I thought signs was not a good movie, mel gibson has def done better.

The Ring on the other hand is a great movie, that movie scared the shit out of me when i went to go see it in the movies. Had me and my buddies prank-calling each other late at night and saying "7 days" - freaky shit.

i never seen the ring yet, everyones telling me thats a freaky movie, theu said the scariest part was when that little girl or someone crawls out the tv screen. to me that doesnt sound too freaky, but hell i have to see the movie in order to understand whats poppin

Thread Information