Slypknot is offline Member

Sigh...another blind date failure..

Alright, I've been in this dating game now (since my divorce) for about a year, and some nights I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OVER IT!

My buddy hooks me up with a friend of his, beautiful girl...absolutely beautiful. However, it's yet another blind date.

So to break the ice a little a couple friends join us for dinner. Well, I should have learned by now that this is NEVER a good idea. For some reason or another I always end up feeling like the date is paying more attention to the other guests than she is me. Maybe it was just in my head (not that I crave attention) but when I'd ask a question and she'd answer looking at one of our guests and not me, I kinda started getting the hint.

Sigh... Just need to vent. Its weird how I put soooooooo much energy into training hard, eating right, taking care of myself, etc - yet I seem to walk around with the self esteem of someone who's overweight, pale, boring, etc. Like a constant battle forcing myself to believe I'm not that guy....

The worse is of course when tmrw comes if I find out she did have a good time and liked hangin with me - I'll feel on top of the world. I hate being so shallow....

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Slypknot
    For some reason or another I always end up feeling like the date is paying more attention to the other guests than she is me. Maybe it was just in my head (not that I crave attention) but when I'd ask a question and she'd answer looking at one of our guests and not me, I kinda started getting the hint.
    Maybe she's shy right now and it's hard for her to make eye contact.

Don't be so hard on yourself bro!

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slypknot
    Its weird how I put soooooooo much energy into training hard, eating right, taking care of myself, etc - yet I seem to walk around with the self esteem of someone who's overweight, pale, boring, etc. Like a constant battle forcing myself to believe I'm not that guy....
    welcome to the club...=P

-- clocky baby

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Slyp, relax bro! I had a blind date with one of my buddies sister and there was him and his wife, our other buddy and his wife , and me and her. Dinner was terrible, the food sucked the royal Ass! and then he and his wife start fighting at dinner. Full on F-You's! So, I start drinking more beer because I'm about to have a f'n heart attack. I wanted it to be good, but it wasn't going that way. So someone comes up with the idea we all go bowling...well, we go and we barely talk she's very stand offish. I'm a very outgoint hyper assed ADHD MF'er! and I'm just like wtf! I suck sooooo bad...well, I tell her let's go get a beer, so we walk up to the bar and I just said hey, let's just go out to dinner you and I so we have a better chance to get aquanted. etc...

Well, we got married on the 4th of July bro (after 3 years of going together)... from what she says, she was very put off by me because she was shy and I was "Hot!" ; ) Just relax call her say hey lets go out and talk and kick around....you never know bro! Don't stress!

SID

Valmont is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ripsid
    Slyp, relax bro! I had a blind date with one of my buddies sister and there was him and his wife, our other buddy and his wife , and me and her. Dinner was terrible, the food sucked the royal Ass! and then he and his wife start fighting at dinner. Full on F-You's! So, I start drinking more beer because I'm about to have a f'n heart attack. I wanted it to be good, but it wasn't going that way. So someone comes up with the idea we all go bowling...well, we go and we barely talk she's very stand offish. I'm a very outgoint hyper assed ADHD MF'er! and I'm just like wtf! I suck sooooo bad...well, I tell her let's go get a beer, so we walk up to the bar and I just said hey, let's just go out to dinner you and I so we have a better chance to get aquanted. etc...

Well, we got married on the 4th of July bro (after 3 years of going together)... from what she says, she was very put off by me because she was shy and I was "Hot!" ; ) Just relax call her say hey lets go out and talk and kick around....you never know bro! Don't stress!

SID
    It is too bad they all can't be California girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Valmont
    It is too bad they all can't be California girls.
    WEll bro, I'd move back there in a flash,i f I could find a job there! My 1st wife still lives there and my daughter (who lives with her). If I was still there I guarantee I wouldn't be married! GUARANTEE'D! Miss it! EVERYDAY! Miss the waves....

sid....

Slypknot is offline Member
    hahha, thanks bro's.... well, just as I suspected - so is all about going out with me again. Blind dates are so shitty....can just never tell how it gonna work out.

Slyp, I should have said its my 2nd marriage. I'm a divorcee also!

SID!

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    WEll bro, I'd move back there in a flash,i f I could find a job there! My 1st wife still lives there and my daughter (who lives with her). If I was still there I guarantee I wouldn't be married! GUARANTEE'D! Miss it! EVERYDAY! Miss the waves....

sid....
    Aww, yes the waves are nice. However, sounds as if you got a good thing going for you there...the turf and surf will always be here...find a job out here and come join us!

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    from what she says, she was very put off by me because she was shy and I was "Hot!" SID
    Yeah right..... she just felt sorry for such a goofy looking bastard. Just kidding bro, congrats on finding the one.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Yeah right..... she just felt sorry for such a goofy looking bastard. Just kidding bro, congrats on finding the one.
    I am not an animal! I am a human being! ..

I had to pay her off, T you know that! Hell, a college Edumacated woman going with a Navy vet that works too damn much!

SID

Ohhhh I see, she's that refined, educated type, that wanted a prior Navy wild man???? SO why did she pick you??? So have ya gotten used to calling her your wife yet?

Ohhhh I see, she's that refined, educated type, that wanted a prior Navy wild man???? SO why did she pick you??? So have ya gotten used to calling her your wife yet?
    My wi....my wi,,,,, my wif..... my wiffle ball bat... damn! .. my wif....
    Nope not yet! Hell she's not used to hereing she's my wi....w-i-f-.....

My wi....my wi,,,,, my wif..... my wiffle ball bat... damn! .. my wif....
    Nope not yet! Hell she's not used to hereing she's my wi....w-i-f-.....

That was a good one. Hey it's all good as long as ya don't start calling her mama. I hate that shyte!!!! Hell call her what she is...... "THE BOSS"!!!!!

That was a good one. Hey it's all good as long as ya don't start calling her mama. I hate that shyte!!!! Hell call her what she is...... "THE BOSS"!!!!!
    T, she asked me "why do call me the C.O.?" Mam yes mam!

SID

Thread Information