Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: Is the AR-15 an effective weapon for civilians to use against domestic terrorism?

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member

Is the AR-15 an effective weapon for civilians to use against domestic terrorism?

Wisdom from a Navy SEAL. One of the best PSAs ever from the NRA and IMHO worth five minutes of your life. In fact, gun guys probably will want a transcript of this "speech."

MuscleScience, EDCG19, Obs and 1 others like this.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    The SEAL Code

• Loyalty to Country, Team and Teammate
    • Serve with Honor and Integrity On and Off the Battlefield
    • Ready to Lead, Ready to Follow, Never Quit
    • Take responsibility for your actions and the actions of your teammates
    • Excel as Warriors through Discipline and Innovation
    • Train for War, Fight to Win, Defeat our Nation’s Enemies
    • Earn your Trident everyday
    KennyJ likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    True but I still keep a 12 ga with 00 buck beside the bed ready to rock.

Dont gotta fear bullets hitting my kids four walls over or my neighbors. It also will put a person down like no other.
    KennyJ likes this.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Ar15 is a poor choice for anything other than fun at range.

If I had to pick a rifle and 1 rigle onky;
    1)m1 carbine 30 Cal
    2) mini 14 chambered in 7.62x39
    3) Sig 556xl chambered in 7.62x39

I have nothing against an are piston driven, and nothing truly against the impingment driven ar's either, where my issues lie, are with the 556 round.

It's gay.
    Obs likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    The only argument that the Left can muster is somehow arguing that the nature of people has changed. If you believe the basic nature of people has changed since the Bill of Rights and Constitution was written. You both ignore human history AND current events. The Second Amendement was not an accident. It was forged from both past human history and the events of the day. The Founders Knew That people with power slowely want more power, and sometimes not even slowely. They had just fought a war against a tyrannical government that ruled over them from afar. One they did not choose by their own accord and had no recourse other than to rebel to change. They had a foreign enemy sleeping in their taverns, business and even houses. All made “legal,” by the Two Quarting acts set by the British Government without any regard to what American colonist wanted. Which is why we have the 3rd Amendment btw.

Ok, so how does that apply today one might ask. How could people with a 6th grade education and lived 300 years ago possibly know or have any relevance today? Fair question, because all of human history to that point was their guide. In every human government to that point, a very few determined what the many could and couldn’t do. Without regard to the will of those people. Often times this was enforced by the sword, later the gun. The only examples of free peoples were those that had the ability to fight. This wasn’t just in European history, African, middle eastern, far and near east cultures all had examples of tryranny and tryrants. It was until the late 1700’s the only way governments had operated to date, with rare exceptions.

But human nature has changed in the last 300 years right? Well let’s look. The Soviet’s came to power, banned private gun ownership and proceeded to strip the common person of all their properties and freedoms. Not to mention killed 20million of those who didn’t follow along or the elites just didn’t like. Hitlers first act as Chancellor was a massive gun confiscation movement, first from the Jew and Gypsies then later anyone who wasn’t a Nazi party loyalist. Mao in the name of The Chinese communist movement after they drove first the Japanese out and then the elected Chinese nationalist government proceeded to ban private gun ownership except for you guessed it. The Chinese Communist loyalist and police. To this day a citizen cannot own a firearm in China. At least not in the aspect as you can in the US. How do that turn out? Well the elected government now resides in Tiawan and 100million or so people were killed.

Ok but that was 70 years ago, us modern people have learned from history. Well let’s look at more recent examples. Iran in the 1970’s, Iraq in the 1980’s. Afghanistan in the 1990’s, Cambodia, Zimbabwe, The Sudan, Ethiopia, Congo. Then of course Venezuela which was the Crown Jewel of South America and second only to the United State and Canada in the Western Hemisphere as far as economic power and wealth.

Ok ok so I get all that, but how on earth could farmers and average citizens stand up to the power and might of a modern military? Isn’t it just feudal to even try and fight a tank or drone? Let’s see, the Soviet Red Army spend 8 plus years fighting the goat herders of Afghanistan, so did the British and now the Americans. The Vietnamese defeated the French then the Americans. The Iraqius put on a guerilla warfare clinic with the Use or IED’s and hit and run attacks with rifles in hand. The Russians got it handed to them by the Chechnya’s. The point is, all those citizens were armed and could put up enough of a fight to inflict serious damage in the form of causalties and prolong engagement. So that their enemies spend vast amounts of both human and material capital to fight people with just rifles, ingenuity and a will to determine their own destiny.

Are there certain measures to keep guns out of dangerous peoples hands? You bet! But that all starts with open dialogue and an open mind for both the right and the left.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 02-04-2019 at 03:16 PM.
    EDCG19 and Obs like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post

Dont gotta fear bullets hitting my kids four walls over or my neighbors. It also will put a person down like no other.

Supposedly the .223/556 round will fragment due to its high velocity. A 9mm or 45 has more chance of penetrating walls from a number of test scenarios I’ve seen.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post

1)m1 carbine 30 Cal

I have nothing against an are piston driven, and nothing truly against the impingment driven ar's either, where my issues lie, are with the 556 round.

It's gay.
    I use mine for everything, hunting, home defense, truck gun. Shoots straight, rounds are dirty cheapand available and if anything breaks it’s super easy to work on and fix.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Obs

1)m1 carbine 30 Cal

It's gay.
    It was adopted by military and police like the 9mm for geneeva convention compliance and less brutality.
    Its also is the same reason they did away with shotguns. The winchester 1897 trench gun had a unique history. In the phillipines it was used to put down charging enemy who where hopped up on narcotics.
    They would charge US grunts with nothing more than knives and take multiple 30/40 krag rounds and often kill or cut the fuck out of them.

So they answered with the trench gun. A 12 guage pump.
    Put and end to the charges. They can eat all the crack they want but a load of 00 to the chest shuts off their life light.

At the end of WW1 the Germans said "shotguns are mean! They should be illegal for killing people!"

So we did what we are known for and gave in.
    Last edited by Obs; 02-04-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Obs
    One day they will make me a high capacity 7mm RUM off an AR 15 platform and make the barrels disposable and cheap. Then I will buy one.

I am more the M1A type and long range bolt action, ultra magnum, or bmg lover. Just cant afford.

Obs
    Wonder how many crap flappinng Ak's and even stolen M16 type rifles Chris Kyle had firing at him when he was putting camel fuckers down from 1000 yrds...?

i_SLAM_cougars and KennyJ like this.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member

I too keep a 12ga in the bedroom with buckshot, but my first shell is birdshot
    KennyJ and Obs like this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    Put some rock salt in that sob and listen to them cry like a bitch. Ha ha ha
    KennyJ and Obs like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Sorry guys, but but I'm going to disagree. An M4/5.56 can be quite effective in CQB situations.

For longer stuff, I like my Howa 1500 in .270 Winchester w/ the aftermarket 10 round box magazine. Effective and ammo is already on hand.

Not a thing wrong with a pump shotgun, I love them, but the title leads me to believe you want quick follow-up capability.

Do I favor piston driven over direct impingement...yes, but mainly in mud and shit type conditions. I only ever had one A2 jam on me due to carbon fouling and never an M4.

Do I lust after the new toys Sig is introducing? Damn straight. I'll take the Rattler conversion kit and any other goodies they can send me.

Just my thoughts.

Edit: For the record, I do have a couple of Maadi Arms in 7.62x39 and they are fun. Accurate...not so much, but the sights are atrocious. They are my niece's favorite to shoot though as long as I load her mags for her....can't have her breaking a nail.
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-04-2019 at 05:10 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    If my attackers mange to wake me up I will be pissed off and groggy.
    Fuck all that aiming stuff lol

We leave doors unlocked here. Gf has a 40 on her side all are loaded and ready no locks. We gun proofed our kids teaching them shooting and blowing stuff up.

Gf will wake up and shoot them all and I prob still won't wake up.

**I might yell for the kids to stop with the annoying racket**

She has a sixth sense of when people get near.
    I have leaned down by her face mid sleep and somehow she sensed it and woke up and punched me instictively. She will shoot. She wont threaten.
    It will probably be my ass sneaking in from the gym that gets shot.
    Last edited by Obs; 02-04-2019 at 05:07 PM.
    KennyJ and Old Duffer like this.

I love my DD M4A1
    almostgone likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Sorry guys, but but I'm going to disagree. An M4/5.56 can be quite effective in CQB situations.
    For longer stuff, I like my Howa .270 w/ the aftermarket
    10 round box magazine. Effective and ammo is already on hand.
    Fully agree but not in a house loaded with my kids.
    KennyJ likes this.

Fully agree but not in a house loaded with my kids.
    That's a valid argument and one that many people don't take into consideration, unfortunately.
    Capebuffalo and Obs like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Obs
    That's a valid argument and one that many people don't take into consideration, unfortunately.
    They make pre frag that would rip a guy up and not go too far.
    I love the way AR's feel and how easy they point.
    You can get damn near any upoer for them to shoot whatever you want. Very custmizeable short and versatile.
    almostgone likes this.

I did enjoy seeing this and am glad it happened in a gun friendly state:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...e-in-video.amp

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    all things depending on the situation... I can change out uppers on a very reliable lower, when the task changes, and or the range and theater changes, parts and pieces are easily obtained from fallen Police and Military... always use your enemy's weapon and ammo when going afield .... in an urban and suburban //// rural area the need changes to keep your family safe..
    Capebuffalo likes this.
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

I tried to watch the video, but retched when Hillary's face popped up. I'll try it in the morning on an empty stomach.
    Obs likes this.

They make pre frag that would rip a guy up and not go too far.
    I love the way AR's feel and how easy they point.
    You can get damn near any upoer for them to shoot whatever you want. Very custmizeable short and versatile.

You would be surprised at how accurate you can be in low level light conditions just by simply resting your chin on the buttstock vs. the usual nose against the charging handle....even while wearing a gas mask.
    Obs and Capebuffalo like this.

Blog Entries

For longer stuff, I like my Howa 1500 in .270 Winchester w/ the aftermarket 10 round box magazine. Effective and ammo is already on hand.

Not a thing wrong with a pump shotgun, I love them, but the title leads me to believe you want quick follow-up capability.

Do I favor piston driven over direct impingement...yes, but mainly in mud and shit type conditions. I only ever had one A2 jam on me due to carbon fouling and never an M4.

Do I lust after the new toys Sig is introducing? Damn straight. I'll take the Rattler conversion kit and any other goodies they can send me.

Just my thoughts.

Edit: For the record, I do have a couple of Maadi Arms in 7.62x39 and they are fun. Accurate...not so much, but the sights are atrocious. They are my niece's favorite to shoot though as long as I load her mags for her....can't have her breaking a nail.
    My favorite gun I’ve ever had was my Sig 716 .308. I wish almost daily I didn’t sell it.
    almostgone likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

now that makes me sad.....
    sell blood
    sell yourself
    anything but sell a gun.. only one that i had to sell colt python 6" stainless.. bought new in 1985..

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    My favorite gun I’ve ever had was my Sig 716 .308. I wish almost daily I didn’t sell it.
    almostgone likes this.

Rules

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

example, i can pay cash for any upper at a gun show...

Guy the 80% lower for cash \

And i already own the jig... $23 for a parts kit

and you are done.. = good times
    almostgone and MuscleScience like this.

Rules

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I think the one I regret the most was a Colt Commander in
    .38 Super. One of my many bad decisions was letting that pistol go.

In fact, I may go outside right now, run headfirst into a tree, and punch myself in the nuts.
    MuscleScience likes this.

Blog Entries

In fact, I may go outside right now, run headfirst into a tree, and punch myself in the nuts.
    Make sure someone videos it first!
    almostgone likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Just for a bit of trivia, for those of you guys that enjoy doing your own builds or even are thinking about purchasing a new AR-15, I would always opt for a lower in the low shelf configuration.
    That's as far down the rabbit hole as I'm going.

Good night, guys.
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-05-2019 at 04:20 AM.
    Obs likes this.

Shit. Another double post. Sorry, everyone.
    Damn rural cellular signal.

I got a tanfogio in 9x23 Winchester. Not a straight cart like 38 super, it's tapered.

But I've fired 9x23 out of a super barrel. Just kinda fireforms to the chamber.
    almostgone and Obs like this.

13 Hours is about to come on. I watch it ever time it’s on just to solidify my hate for Hilary. Rot in hell BITCH.
    Mooseman33, almostgone and Obs like this.

KennyJ is offline Member

1)m1 carbine 30 Cal

It's gay.
    How about an M40 or a 338 Lapua Magnum?
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    13 Hours is about to come on. I watch it ever time it’s on just to solidify my hate for Hilary. Rot in hell BITCH.
    She needs publicly executed.

Secretary of state should only be a position held by a retired general. Not a dumb shit liberal cunt that never fired a gun or has a gd clue about security or how to understand soldiers on the ground or how to establish a fail safe chain system.

When a fucking ambassador says they are being attacked its time to scramble every seal.
    That is American soil. Not only where they warned, they just watched it happen. Literally watched it from drones.

Yet somehow this dumb cunt was allowed to stay out of jail, keep her job, AND RUN FOR FUCKING PRESIDENT.
    MuscleScience and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyJ View Post
    Remington 700 in .338 Lapua would be an awesome shooting gun

I had one in .375 H&H. I could shoot anything anywhere. And have. That’s my one I wish I’d never sold.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyJ View Post
    Great for tearing multiple humans in half at 1 mile. Lol
    KennyJ and Capebuffalo like this.

She needs publicly executed.

Secretary of state should only be a position held by a retired general. Not a dumb shit liberal cunt that never fired a gun or has a gd clue about security or how to understand soldiers on the ground or how to establish a fail safe chain system.

When a fucking ambassador says they are being attacked its time to scramble every seal.
    That is American soil. Not only where they warned, they just watched it happen. Literally watched it from drones.

Yet somehow this dumb cunt was allowed to stay out of jail, keep her job, AND RUN FOR FUCKING PRESIDENT.
    Help was 6 hrs away. They fought bled and died for 13 hours. It was an act of war. Then to fucking lie about it. I’d like to water board her for 13 hrs
    MuscleScience, Obs and almostgone like this.

Great for tearing multiple humans in half at 1 mile. Lol
    One shot two kills.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    And fuck the cia too.

These are the elite of the berets on the ground.
    They can acess any war time situation and tell those above exactly what is required to quell a battle in 30 seconds.

Patreaus needs a bullet too for sitting by while his men where being attacked.
    almostgone and Capebuffalo like this.

And fuck the cia too.

These are the elite of the berets on the ground.
    They can acess any war time situation and tell those above exactly what is required to quell a battle in 30 seconds.

Patreaus needs a bullet too for sitting by while his men where being attacked.
    When they said stand down I’d have ended my career and got a team wheels up in 10 min.
    Obs and almostgone like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Help was 6 hrs away. They fought bled and died for 13 hours. It was an act of war. Then to fucking lie about it. I’d like to water board her for 13 hrs
    Did you know they make private commercial jets that fly about as fast as a B2 bomber...

I think we can afford to staff a few teams team that can reach anywhere in the world inside an hour.

And dont send one.
    Send one every second until the threat is eliminated

This right here is why a non military female should never be given a position like secretary of war.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information