PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member

vince carter wants out

I'm pissed at Vince!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story.asp?id=93688

Report: Carter seeking Knicks trade

8/5/2004

The agent for Toronto Raptors star Vince Carter says he met with team management two weeks ago and asked them to look into trade possibilities.

"We did meet and asked them to look into trades," Mark Steinberg tells the New York Daily News. "They know where we stand."

The newspaper quotes a source close to Carter who says the all-star would prefer a deal involving the New York Knicks, but Steinberg would not confirm nor deny that claim.

There has been much speculation in the New York papers regarding a Carter trade, but Knicks spokesman Joe Favorito denied the Knicks' involvement.

``He's not a free agent. We're not allowed to talk to other teams' players. I'm not even aware of anything with the Raptors,'' Favorito told the Canadian Press.

General manager Rob Babcock told the Toronto Sun last week that he was confident about Carter's intentions to remain in Toronto.

"We're on the same page. As far as him playing on our basketball team, I feel very comfortable about that and I see him coming to camp."

Carter has three years plus an option for a fourth left on his contract, which will pay him approximately $12.6 million US this coming season and a potential deal with the Knicks would not be easy from a salary cap standpoint.

ESPN's Stephen A. Smith reported Thursday that he spoke to the Raptors front office and that they laughed at the assertion that Carter would be traded to the Knicks.

Carter's future with the Raptors has been the subject of intense speculation this summer following revelations that the all-star was not consulted about the hiring of a new GM and coach despite those promises made by team executives.

Whatever he can leave. He's just going to get hurt and play 1/3 of the season anyways. he's a waste of talent pussy!

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    No offense, but can you blame him for wanting to get out of Toronto?
    I was surprised he stayed when he could have went somewhere else...
    Toronto is not going anywhere anytime soon and he's just lost and
    forgotten playing ball there... New York is the big time and maybe that's
    what he needs to get some kind of fire burning again cus i agree he's
    been a pussy the last few years for sure...

yeah but he's one of the reasons why T.O is in the hole. He plays 1/3 of the season gets injuried, cries like a baby, takes up how much salary cap when he is just sitting on the bench. I say trade him and get some players that can play at least half a season.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I root for Carter because he's in Toronto and when he's on fire, he's one of the most exciting players in the NBA. Unfortunately, he's a first class pussy. Give me a player like Iverson anyday, you might not like the little prick but he's got talent and heart.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    yeah but he's one of the reasons why T.O is in the hole. He plays 1/3 of the season gets injuried, cries like a baby, takes up how much salary cap when he is just sitting on the bench. I say trade him and get some players that can play at least half a season.

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    I root for Carter because he's in Toronto and when he's on fire, he's one of the most exciting players in the NBA. Unfortunately, he's a first class pussy. Give me a player like Iverson anyday, you might not like the little prick but he's got talent and heart.
    yeah I used to love carter! he used to be one of the best players and most talented in the nba. but now he is just over rated and is a shadow of his former self. I acually think espn made him the most over rated player in history last year or the year before I cant remember.

decadbal is offline Banned
    carter is the man... tornoto sucks balls and needs to lose their team so they will learn how to play ball..

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

if he plays like the puss he has shown to be

in new york.....may god help him.no one can take that much abuse from the fans and media. he better bring his A game and a healthy body should that deal go down.

Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    in new york.....may god help him.no one can take that much abuse from the fans and media. he better bring his A game and a healthy body should that deal go down.
    I'm not sure how bad new york is but the toronto media and fans are really bad

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    I'll always remember carter for dunking straight up over that dude 4 years ago in the olympics...best dunk of all time imo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vince carter wants out-olympics5.jpg  

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    I'll always remember carter for dunking straight up over that dude 4 years ago in the olympics...best dunk of all time imo
    lol...that dude got a face full of stinky nuts

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    lol...that dude got a face full of stinky nuts
    and he was 7'2 and french

Thread Information