• 1 Post By Capebuffalo
  • 2 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Fiskevatten
  • 1 Post By Obs

Thread: You have, 10 YEARS TO LIVE

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man

You have, 10 YEARS TO LIVE

Lets pretend you have ten years to live.
    This is a round about figure.
    Might be nine... might be eleven.

Will you continue your pursuits?
    How will it change your outlook?
    What will you do?

There is no reversal.
    You know. No one else does.

How will you treat your friends, family, enemies, and new acquaintances?
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    The only thing that would change is that i would quit my job, and drive everywhere 150mph. Possibly add in some recs... and some titties. Oh, and I’d triple my gear use, because I’m not going to die for 10 more years, so I don’t have to worry about any of this killing me now.
    Obs, BG and TinyNutzzz like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    The only thing that would change is that i would quit my job, and drive everywhere 150mph. Possibly add in some recs... and some titties. Oh, and I’d triple my gear use, because I’m not going to die for 10 more years, so I don’t have to worry about any of this killing me now.
    Thats a good plan!

Obs
    Post you vaginas!

Or post a vagina

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Dump my GF, she doesn't need to go through that
    Not related to the first step, get a tinder acct
    Pay off a loan asap that someone co-signed for me
    I want to say open a bunch of CCs that I won't pay off, but even if it's a large corporations money, it's still a shitty thing to do, so I wouldn't actually do it after much consideration.
    Work hard and save as much money as possible to pass on
    Run a TON of gear, see how big I can get, and take our my depression on the weights in the gym
    Rent a supercar and take it to the track
    BG and Obs like this.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    About 8 years from now starting getting a list of names together from all my family and friends of people who did them wrong...
    Obs likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Shit, I’d b 50

Nothing changes - well, maybe I’d do more dumb shit that I don’t do now
    Obs likes this.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Roofie each and everyone of you guys and drink a Pina colada afterwards.
    Obs likes this.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Proximal is offline Banned
    I’m thinking this is close to my current life expectancy.

Retire in 2 years.

AAS as long & as much as my BP doesn’t put me at risk for a stroke (I can accept death, not a CVA)

Lift till I die.

Never stop being a metal head.

Need some more ink, but HGH is f’n pricey and keeping me from more.

Drop this nut-job GF & find someone who doesn’t use heroin or meth. Damn she had a sweet pussy though.
    TinyNutzzz, BG and Obs like this.

Obs
    Give me a detailed plan of your solution to the questions.

Most of you would be worried most about your family. What would you be focused on doing for them? Would you be focused on seeing their needs met when you are gone or just spending time with them?
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

CA_DXB_85 is offline Associate Member
    Good question
    Travel and have fun with my wife! Probably buy a house and put life insurance on it lol
    I would also make sure I have the max insurance policy
    How would I treat family and friends? The same I guess. And I surely wouldn't tell anyone cuz I don't want any petty or sympathy from anyone.
    I would definitely move back to Canada and smoke up with my boys every single day... LEGALLY lol

Edit: I will also continue to work out and take all the gear I can and die JACKED!
    Last edited by CA_DXB_85; 09-11-2019 at 10:39 AM.
    BG, Proximal and Obs like this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    My wife’s financial security is covered & I have no kids & could care less about my parents or sister.

I treat everyone the same, even it’s my last week on earth. Sure, I would spend extra time with my wife if I actually knew I was going to drop next week, but other than that, it will be business as usual.
    Obs likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    ^ Well, this has been my #1 priority - wife & kid are set - well, speacially if I'm dead - financially

My son would just of hit 18, a little early for me to go - but, what the fuck

At the pace I'm going I'd love to see double(right under 60)

Our genertion(25-45 or so), goes to damn hard - the shit that so many of us do nower days have completely unknown long term side effects. Shit, driving alone nower days is dangerous af - from people doing dumb shit to getting shot

The younger ones, 25 and bellow - well, fuck - Good Luck
    HoldMyBeer, Obs and Proximal like this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    live exactly the way I'm living now because tomorrow is not guaranteed anyhow
    < <Samson> >, Cylon357 and Obs like this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post

Drop this nut-job GF & find someone who doesn’t use heroin or meth. Damn she had a sweet pussy though.
    Fucking great!
    Obs and Proximal like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would reassess my goals and time frames. I have been saving for retirement for a long time. If I am not set yet, then I’m fucked.... or better yet, my family is.
    I would try to complete all of my goals.
    Other than that, it would stay the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obs likes this.

Fiskevatten is offline Member
    Love these questions and hate them at the same time.
    One reason is that my economical situation would limit my last 10 years as f*ck, the other is -"why am I not living like it's the last year now?".
    However, it's a great reminder that you shouldn't dally... Time is invaluable...

If I KNEW that there would be around 10 years regardless, nothing could be done.
    - All work would go towards family, make sure to secure their future as much as possible and know that I love them.
    - Forgive my father and make sure he knows that, regardless what I would receive in return.
    - Move to work and live in Thailand as much as possible, between seeing family.
    - Not doing anything that would get me in jail, that would kill the last years (or too many)
    - Become a fighter or bodybuilder with intention to compete, use all AAS in the world!
    Obs likes this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Roofie each and everyone of you guys and drink a Pina colada afterwards.
    You’ve been hanging out with sholv’er too long. Lol
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskevatten View Post
    Love these questions and hate them at the same time.
    One reason is that my economical situation would limit my last 10 years as f*ck, the other is -"why am I not living like it's the last year now?".
    However, it's a great reminder that you shouldn't dally... Time is invaluable...

If I KNEW that there would be around 10 years regardless, nothing could be done.
    - All work would go towards family, make sure to secure their future as much as possible and know that I love them.
    - Forgive my father and make sure he knows that, regardless what I would receive in return.
    - Move to work and live in Thailand as much as possible, between seeing family.
    - Not doing anything that would get me in jail, that would kill the last years (or too many)
    - Become a fighter or bodybuilder with intention to compete, use all AAS in the world!
    My grandfather, (step) came into my fathers life when he was a teen. He married his mother, built a good house, and was raised the same way I was about work.

One day my father was throwing haybales with him as a teen and got too hot.
    He complained and stopped to catch his breath.

My grandfather got a shovel out of the back of the truck and hit him across the back. My father vomited and may have fainted. I cant remember.

My dad told me that stoey many times and carried a hatred toward him for it. Though they got along most of the time.

When I was 21 or so Grandpa was on his death bed. He looked at my dad and said, "Listen, I want you to understand that I am sorry for how I treated you and how hard I was on you coming up (he started crying). I remember when I hit you with a shovel that day..."

Dad cut him off.
    He said, "It's too late. There is nothing we can do about it now so drop it."

It wasn't my place so I kept my mouth shut but it was probably the coldest thing I ever saw my father do. I wanted to say something and was stunned.

Honestly, both those men had carried that all those years. They carried that hurt. One carried it spitefully and the other carried it as self hatred.

My father and him were working sonsofbitches. They endured hardship to develop this ethic.

Now honestly...

I would rather be hit with a shovel in the back a thousand times than endure the unforgiveness on my death bed.

When a father fucks up, it will haunt him to the end.
    Honestly for a son to not forgive his father at some point is incredibly destructive.
    Affliction like that puts the power to totally heal or completely destroy into someones hands.

Regardless of your time or his time left I hope you get the chance to forgive him. Though I understand you have damn good reason not to.
    Fiskevatten and HoldMyBeer like this.

Fiskevatten is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    My grandfather, (step) came into my fathers life when he was a teen. He married his mother, built a good house, and was raised the same way I was about work.

One day my father was throwing haybales with him as a teen and got too hot.
    He complained and stopped to catch his breath.

My grandfather got a shovel out of the back of the truck and hit him across the back. My father vomited and may have fainted. I cant remember.

My dad told me that stoey many times and carried a hatred toward him for it. Though they got along most of the time.

When I was 21 or so Grandpa was on his death bed. He looked at my dad and said, "Listen, I want you to understand that I am sorry for how I treated you and how hard I was on you coming up (he started crying). I remember when I hit you with a shovel that day..."

Dad cut him off.
    He said, "It's too late. There is nothing we can do about it now so drop it."

It wasn't my place so I kept my mouth shut but it was probably the coldest thing I ever saw my father do. I wanted to say something and was stunned.

Honestly, both those men had carried that all those years. They carried that hurt. One carried it spitefully and the other carried it as self hatred.

My father and him were working sonsofbitches. They endured hardship to develop this ethic.

Now honestly...

I would rather be hit with a shovel in the back a thousand times than endure the unforgiveness on my death bed.

When a father fucks up, it will haunt him to the end.
    Honestly for a son to not forgive his father at some point is incredibly destructive.
    Affliction like that puts the power to totally heal or completely destroy into someones hands.

Regardless of your time or his time left I hope you get the chance to forgive him. Though I understand you have damn good reason not to.
    Thank you for sharing and very fine words brother, I actually read this to my sisters and we got to talk about it.
    They both said -"damn, that's a wise man!"^^

Yeah, totally true and we have tried like many say they have tried, but more could be done ofcourse.
    However, his self-hatred and self-pity won't allow him to be a father anymore.
    That and his succubus for wife doesn't make it easier.
    Even when he got cancer, we didn't reach out and that has haunted the whole family - he's ok now.
    I agree with you and regardless of 10 years or not, I will do my best to reach out over and over.

Love these deeper discussions on this forum! We all have our fair share no matter where we are from, love the sharing
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskevatten View Post
    Thank you for sharing and very fine words brother, I actually read this to my sisters and we got to talk about it.
    They both said -"damn, that's a wise man!"^^

Yeah, totally true and we have tried like many say they have tried, but more could be done ofcourse.
    However, his self-hatred and self-pity won't allow him to be a father anymore.
    That and his succubus for wife doesn't make it easier.
    Even when he got cancer, we didn't reach out and that has haunted the whole family - he's ok now.
    I agree with you and regardless of 10 years or not, I will do my best to reach out over and over.

Love these deeper discussions on this forum! We all have our fair share no matter where we are from, love the sharing
    I dont know about wise.

To honestly forgive someone is when you are ready to let the burden and pain go that has kept you prisoner.

I like this video because of the quote at the end.

"When deep injury is done to us, we never recover until we forgive… Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.” -Mary Karen Read

Her final journal entry before she was shot in the Virginia tech shooting.

I myself carry a couple of grudges I just am not done with yet.
    Fiskevatten likes this.

Thread Information