Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

The Boston Red Sox WILL Win the World Series! I'm taking bets!!

Okay, we've probably all come to realize that the official currency of AR is a two sided coin comprised of respect and humiliation. Because of this (and the fact I don't want to get jason in trouble for starting a "real" gambling ring on AR) I'm currently taking bets on the subject of this title...but you gotta give the respect of odds by making your side of the bet somewhat more severe. For example:

The Red Sox don't win the WS and you get to pick the avatar I'll have up for a month, but they do and get to pick your avatar, location and signature for that month...something to that effect.

Want me to change my avatar? Post a pic of myself in some foolish situation (with proof it's me)? ANYTHING at all (within reason)? Either post it openly or PM me...in the next week or so I'll officially post the two or three bets I've elected to take (of course, there is no risk to me as the curse of the bambino falls this October!!!!!!!!!!!)

ichiban is offline Female Member
    OK Big Green, I am going to say that the soxs won't win. Now where is that avatar of yours....?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    the sox have no chance in hell bro. if they win, well, ill let them change the senior member tag of mine to big greens bitch. if they loose, you owe me all the gear you plan on runnin in your next cycle...sound like a fair bet? of course if you say no then it only adds to my growing suspicion that you are not that confident in your beloved soxs' ability. prepare to be humiliated bro...

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member

HAHAHA! Good one BG!

Damn BG, and all this time I actually thought you were SMART!! Hell, my 6yr old has better sense than that, (she thinks the Astro's are going, poor kid, I don't know WHERE she got that idea! )

Nothing personal against the Bean boys, I'd sure rather see them there than the Yankees or Braves! (my two favorite teams to hate!)

Thanks for the laugh, and I can't WAIT to see your new avatar!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Boston Red Sox WILL Win the World Series! I'm taking bets!!-astros1.gif  
    Last edited by ripped4fsu; 07-22-2003 at 07:39 AM.

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Bro..having been born and raise just outside of Boston...I am a long true, faithful and die-hard Red Sox. Cletic, Pats, Bruins fan.

I will tell you I have seen first hand..up close and personal the Bill Buckner between the legs blunder, I experienced the Pudge Fisk hommer down the left field line. Yaz's heroic efforts...Bernie Carbo's afro...hell I even remember when Pumpsie Green was the very first black player the sox ever had.

Simply stated...they will not win the series this year. I wish it weren't so. I wish the Sox would beat the fuck out of the Yankees and give the Rocket something memorable to retire upon....It ain't gonna happen...
    I remain....
    A living, breathing Red Sox fan 'till I die...Which will probably be before the Sox win the series.

Rich

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Seattle Mariners will take it this year. It's their turn. I'll bet you an empty bottle of QV Test. =)

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    That's a good prediction...[EXCESS runs out of the room and closes the door][EXCESS runs back into the room]...its very possible the Red Sox will win...[EXCESS runs out again]

Gmill13 is offline Associate Member
    I want my SOX to Win , Very likely that the red sox will be trading casey fossum and Freddie Sanchez to the Expos for Vasquez.
    So you got Pedro, Lowe, Vasquez, as yoru starting 3 in those short post season series, and KIM closing! Too bad the rest of the BP sucks.

Nobody in the American league( maybe bjays) can knock the hell out of the ball like us.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Yankees!

Put me down for $5, im good for it!

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    They have as much of a chance as my cubbies. And you know that aint ever going to happen!!!

GO CUBBIES!!!!

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Let's hope words are high in protein, cuz you're all gonna be eatin 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Let's hope words are high in protein, cuz you're all gonna be eatin 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    did you use your ivy league edumacation to come up with that comeback?? it sucked!! just have my gear ready bro!!

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    all i've got to say is..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Boston Red Sox WILL Win the World Series! I'm taking bets!!-im000481edit.jpg  

BDTR is offline Retired
    Amen

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    Sorry but the redsox aren't going to win and I like ripped4su's choice!

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    THOSE DAMN GIANTS SUCK

They always seem to choke when it comes down to the important games F*ckers

Grant is offline Member
    your prediction is getting closer to being true....if they can just put away those A's

jeez, i just realized that he made this prediction back in july!! they weren't even a playoffs lock yet. Big green, you impress me.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, I don't want to jinked my CUbbies, but If you have to Face, Prior and Woody twice in a series, you have NO chance. Look what we did to ATLANTA and there record setting offense..

GO CUBBIES!

Testify is offline Senior Member
    I don't see it happening BG. I am impressed at the timing of your prediction though. I never thought they would make the playoffs.

As a transplanted Clevelander (originally), I have a special place in my heart for the Sox and Yankees. But I can, if forced, look at this objectively. If I had to make a prediction, I guess I would go with the Cubbies. I would have said the A's a few days ago, but they are not playing very well lately. And BLT makes a good point: Prior and Wood look almost unhittable lately.

T

BostonBobby is offline Associate Member
    cowboy up... Sox are going all the way!!!

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Regardless of what you all think....sox are choke artists. Good offense but a pitching staff (Especially bullpen) that is embarassing.

I was at one of the games vs. White Sox. Complete game shut out by Colon.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Sox havent won since 1908 there is no way... Yankees are going to win... ITs just reality... Sometimes i even have to face shit like that...

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy123
    Sox havent won since 1908 there is no way... Yankees are going to win... ITs just reality... Sometimes i even have to face shit like that...
    as long as the cubs don't win i don't care...it is nice to see the hometowns of the random teams that got to the 2nd round of the playoffs energized though.

i think the yankees will disappoint a ton of people by taking it all again. thats life folks.

Sox haven't won since 1918. Cubs are the ones who haven't won since 1908.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry Calipso, got my facts backwards, all I know its still 85 years so bottom line is its been a long LONG time... I am a die hard yankees fan and like daem said "i think the yankees will disappoint a ton of people by taking it all again. thats life folks." Its inevitablility.

Sorry Calipso, got my facts backwards, all I know its still 85 years so bottom line is its been a long LONG time... I am a die hard yankees fan and like daem said "i think the yankees will disappoint a ton of people by taking it all again. thats life folks." Its inevitablility.
    Yankees and Steinberner control the MLB world. Sorry to say Sox won't be in the World Series.

Red Sox's all the way there going!!

boston's up 2-0

3 up.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    i think its 4 now..........all i hear is my 2 brothers and father cursing like crazy downstairs...........they are some hard-core yankee fans
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Cubies are ripping it crazy also.. There up by like 8 or something

Ortis 2 run homer, Walker solo homer, Ramirez solo homer.

Mussina is not playing his best.

OTC
    OTC is offline Junior Member
    Lookin like it's gonna be a Cubs/Sox Series! The end of the earth must be near...

Quote Originally Posted by OTC
    Lookin like it's gonna be a Cubs/Sox Series! The end of the earth must be near...
    Can't call it yet, remember, the sox came back from 2 down to win the series in oakland. Ny has their best stuff on the back burner.

Sox win game 1.

bcatch11 is offline Junior Member
    boston here all the way... its great the curse was left behind in the 20th century so ill just let you all have your laughs btu when the sox and cubs are the last two left ill just sit back and enjoy my self and the sox i got to say it COWBOY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sox are on there way!!

Danielle is offline Female Member
    6-2...... Yankees
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

ross3814 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ripped4fsu
    Damn BG, and all this time I actually thought you were SMART!! Hell, my 6yr old has better sense than that, (she thinks the Astro's are going, poor kid, I don't know WHERE she got that idea! )

Nothing personal against the Bean boys, I'd sure rather see them there than the Yankees or Braves! (my two favorite teams to hate!)

Thanks for the laugh, and I can't WAIT to see your new avatar!!
    where are your astros by the way... oh yea they suck and they didnt even make it. oooops. GO SOX. had a tough loss tonight but i give loads of respect to big green
    for supportin. your the man!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information