• 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 2 Post By bethdoth
  • 1 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By Fluidic Kimbo
  • 1 Post By wango

Thread: Tyson vs. Jones

wango is offline Anabolic Member

Tyson vs. Jones

Had it recording on DVR, but tuned in right about the time Snoop started singing. The wife and I simultaneously thought of Warren Beatty rapping and smoking pot in the movie “Bullworth”.

Mike’s eyes were nervous as all hell before the fight, not his normal glare that would stop a person’s heart from beating.

A LOT of holding, but both boxers let out some nice quick body movements & crisp punches. I thought the two minute rounds were brilliant so that nobody got too gassed.

Happy I bought the fight.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Good to hear you were pleased with your purchase Wang.
    Fluidic Kimbo likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yawn....

It was meh. The undercard fights were terrible, the music acts took forever and weren’t very good either and when the main event finallllly started, I thought it was just ok. Tyson did what Tyson does which was fun to watch for a minute (stay low and rip hooks to the body and head) but quickly looked one dimensional and was worried either one of them could have a coronary sitting on their stool.

Tyson must’ve hit RJJ 5 times after the bell had rung and it became a hug fest after the 3rd round.

Agreed on the two minute rounds. I mean it is what it was. Two former champs in their mid 50’s trying to serve up some glory days. I’ll admit to be entertained for a while, but then when they declared a draw, I found myself chucking and thinking boxing will never get away from the “fix” stigma.

The co main event was a joke too, have no clue who that “you tuber” is, but the other guy was laughable at best and then to call out Connor Mcgreor afterwards made me laugh out loud.

He’s obviously looking for a pay day and I’m sure doesn’t mind cashing a huge check with the “the guy who The Notorious One crippled” in the memo line.

Prox, next time watch the fight for free at volokit.com

Save your money...
    Cuz and Honkey_Kong like this.

Definitely a meh, agree completely. Didn’t watch any of the prelims and won’t bother. Seriously, someone called out McGregor

Just wanted to see to legends go at it, even it was an exhibition and even though they are WELL past their glory days.

Mr. Small is offline Member
    They should have stayed retired. Yawn fest.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    It looked like Tyson was clearly carrying Jones for almost the entire fight. He could've won in the first round if he wanted to. But yeah, after the first round I thought Jones was going to have a heart attack.

I'm glad I watched it for free on strikeout dot nu.

JSom is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    It looked like Tyson was clearly carrying Jones for almost the entire fight. He could've won in the first round if he wanted to. But yeah, after the first round I thought Jones was going to have a heart attack.

I'm glad I watched it for free on strikeout dot nu.
    Well, if he won quickly, there would be waves of indignation from the audience. Sport is not only a result, but also a spectacle. There should be not only pleasure from the result, but also from viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by JSom View Post
    Well, if he won quickly, there would be waves of indignation from the audience. Sport is not only a result, but also a spectacle. There should be not only pleasure from the result, but also from viewing.
    The thing is, it's not supposed to be professional wrestling. Carrying the other fighter turns it from being a sport to being sports entertainment. If they're not trying to win as dominantly as possible, then they might as well just throw "worked" punches instead of real ones.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    The best part has been the meme's that have came from Nate Robinson getting 2nd round KO'd. That was the hardest punch thrown that night.
    Last edited by scotty51312; 11-30-2020 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    The best part has been the meme's that have came from Nate Robinson getting 2nd round KO'd. That was the hardest punch thrown that night.
    When I saw him go down, I wasn't sure if he was going to live.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I enjoyed seeing the shadows of the old Tyson. The bobs and weaves and the hook! Tyson lost 100 pounds for this fight and looked pretty good. Jones had man boobs and was still struggling for air 15 minutes after the fight. Tyson clear won the fight. I think there was an agreement before the fight no KO so Tyson's hooks were mainly to the body. I'm sure Jone was hurting the next day. Overall I enjoyed the fight, but the rest was shit.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    I was not aware he lost 100lbs for this fight holy fuck, he weighed 220 and Roy 210. Damn

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Yawn....

It was meh. The undercard fights were terrible, the music acts took forever and weren’t very good either and when the main event finallllly started, I thought it was just ok. Tyson did what Tyson does which was fun to watch for a minute (stay low and rip hooks to the body and head) but quickly looked one dimensional and was worried either one of them could have a coronary sitting on their stool.

Tyson must’ve hit RJJ 5 times after the bell had rung and it became a hug fest after the 3rd round.

Agreed on the two minute rounds. I mean it is what it was. Two former champs in their mid 50’s trying to serve up some glory days. I’ll admit to be entertained for a while, but then when they declared a draw, I found myself chucking and thinking boxing will never get away from the “fix” stigma.

The co main event was a joke too, have no clue who that “you tuber” is, but the other guy was laughable at best and then to call out Connor Mcgreor afterwards made me laugh out loud.

He’s obviously looking for a pay day and I’m sure doesn’t mind cashing a huge check with the “the guy who The Notorious One crippled” in the memo line.

Prox, next time watch the fight for free at volokit.com

Save your money...
    Or watch it in Mexico for free like I did. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    I'd beat the shit out of Tyson if we had that machine from 'Honey I shrunk the kids' to bring him down to my height.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    I'd beat the shit out of Tyson if we had that machine from 'Honey I shrunk the kids' to bring him down to my height.
    Ummm... ahhh... nope...

Dude's got mad skills and speed and experience and lack of fear

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Ummm... ahhh... nope...

Dude's got mad skills and speed and experience and lack of fear
    I'll take a video of myself shadow-boxing and hitting the bag soon...... I actually might fight in Thai Boxing again. I'll probably be world famous even though I like being nobody.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    I'll take a video of myself shadow-boxing and hitting the bag soon...... I actually might fight in Thai Boxing again. I'll probably be world famous even though I like being nobody.
    Maybe you can show Dana your mad skills and get a shot in the UFC

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Maybe you can show Dana your mad skills and get a shot in the UFC
    Have to watch out for exploitation though, I don't want Dana putting me forward for shit that isn't really congruent with my dignified life goals.

Also I'm not really keen on how some UFC fighters behave like a 14yr boy whose parents divorced three weeks ago. I'd just show up for the weigh in and then slip out before my opponent can make a retard out of himself.

Actually being totally realistic, I reckon I could fight at an international level if I chose to drop 15 - 20 kg. My last fight in 2008 was around about 52 - 56 kg, and today I weight 70kg. I don't think I'd be nearly as succesful fighting at this weight. I'm more interested in getting up to 80kg in the next two years or so.

Had considered becoming a trainer though. If anything it would give me access to vulnerable children who would be too afraid to report me for inappropriate touching.
    DuckTheViking likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Have to watch out for exploitation though, I don't want Dana putting me forward for shit that isn't really congruent with my dignified life goals.

Also I'm not really keen on how some UFC fighters behave like a 14yr boy whose parents divorced three weeks ago. I'd just show up for the weigh in and then slip out before my opponent can make a retard out of himself.

Actually being totally realistic, I reckon I could fight at an international level if I chose to drop 15 - 20 kg. My last fight in 2008 was around about 52 - 56 kg, and today I weight 70kg. I don't think I'd be nearly as succesful fighting at this weight. I'm more interested in getting up to 80kg in the next two years or so.

Had considered becoming a trainer though. If anything it would give me access to vulnerable children who would be too afraid to report me for inappropriate touching.
    Well i mean to be a legit fighter, you have to bulk up a little bit. 50kg? Little small wouldn’t you say? Lol , post some videos of your fights im sure everyone would love to see how badass you really are and you could probably teach us some things too

Kimbo, your posts generally lighten my mood, thank you.
    Fluidic Kimbo likes this.

For you Kimbo, a blast from the past . . .

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Kimbo, your posts generally lighten my mood, thank you.
    You would have liked Prox, he shared similar sentiment. (I realize you can send questions to him and forward his answers to us here but that's still not the same as knowing him).

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Well i mean to be a legit fighter, you have to bulk up a little bit. 50kg? Little small wouldn’t you say? Lol , post some videos of your fights im sure everyone would love to see how badass you really are and you could probably teach us some things too
    In fighting sports that are segregated by weight, it's best to be anorexic. Skinnier the better.

Thread Information