BigTek is offline New Member

Last edited by BigTek; 04-24-2009 at 04:20 AM.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I think this thread should be deleted. It will only bring about assumptions and speculation about the case. I've seen it before
    Her name and face shouldn't even be released at this point in time. That is customary in any sexual assult case.

No offense to you Tek, just my personal opinion on this matter.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    Her name and face shouldn't even be released at this point in time.
    Now this creates an extremely interesting point for debate. I would tend to agree with you IF the woman in question was a minor, OR the alleged (and let's keep in mind that this is still VERY much alleged, so all we can do is speculate and assume) male perpetrator's identity had been kept a secret. However, I think that ALL too often, it is considered acceptable to reveal the identity of a man being charged with rape, sexual assualt, etc, etc, long before there is ever anything close to resembling a conviction, but it is considered "taboo" to do so with the female portion of the equation.

That is customary in any sexual assult case.
    This is true, though, if I'm not mistaken, this is very much an unwritten and unspoken custom when pertaining to the media. If you'll recall (was it last summer?) when two young girls were kidnapped out west, their names were ALL over the media, as well as their pictures. The moment it was revealed they were most likely sexually assualted, however, you did not see a single mention of their names (they were referred to as "unnamed individuals) or their faces. In this instance, as they were minors, I feel this was the correct and moral thing to do. I am not sure, though, whether or not there exists legislation that protects the identity of an ALLEGED victim. If in fact this is the case, I would deem this a most unjust law UNLESS there is a corollary or complimentary piece of legislation protecting the male's identity.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    She looks different than what was posed earlier.

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...threadid=59830

KeyMastur is offline VET
    That's because what was posted earlier wasn't her. Not even sure if this picture is her until I see it on CNN. A few days ago they even once said that there was already pictures of her out, and they were confirming that those weren't her.

I do know that the Daily Show (Jilian Barbarie) said that there's a picture of her on the Globe with a black bar across the eyes.

[QUOTE=BigGreen]This is true, though, if I'm not mistaken, this is very much an unwritten and unspoken custom when pertaining to the media.[QUOTE=BigGreen]

I think it's actually a matter of the DA's discretion. In a case such as this, the revealing of the victims name can cause a stock pile of false evidence pertaining to the case, and also pieces of information about the victim that would otherwise have no justifiable effect to the case. This not only victimizes the victim to media scrutiny, but also creates more problems to find out the true story of what happened, which ultimately could prove to be a disadvantage to the accused.

I think it's actually a matter of the DA's discretion. In a case such as this, the revealing of the victims name can cause a stock pile of false evidence pertaining to the case, and also pieces of information about the victim that would otherwise have no justifiable effect to the case. This not only victimizes the victim to media scrutiny, but also creates more problems to find out the true story of what happened, which ultimately could prove to be a disadvantage to the accused.
    I agree 100%. Now I'd just like some explanation as to how the releasing of the ALLEGED perpetrator's identity does not set forth the exact same chain of undesirable consequences. I'm not saying you're on the side that steadfastly maintains the female's name should remain undisclosed while the male's is "open season", but this is rather a general question.

This is actually a very good intellectual/political debate!!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Well if it wasnt kobe this wouldnt be news that sells and there for the DA (or whoever) wouldnt have sold the story. I know your talking about a general discussion but in this case itīs b/c itīs a celebrity thats accused.
    The names should be confidential as long as noone is sentenced guilty, then if itīs a sex offender hang that bastard out in the open so everyone knows what kind of sick person he/she is, but only if sentenced guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    I agree 100%. Now I'd just like some explanation as to how the releasing of the ALLEGED perpetrator's identity does not set forth the exact same chain of undesirable consequences. I'm not saying you're on the side that steadfastly maintains the female's name should remain undisclosed while the male's is "open season", but this is rather a general question.
    Well, I think in most cases, the name of the accused is not mentioned. Sad to say, but people seemingly could care less unless their beloved hero has been accused; so it's just not news worthy when Jane Doe is allegedly assulted by John Doe
    Kind of a sickening and cynical thought but true enough in mosy instances.

I also think with a case involving a personality of this magnitude, their is really no possible way to keep idenity classified(looks like for the victim as well). Too many looking for a buck to turn over a name, a little bit of fame with their face on the news, or just good'ol fashion likening in the demise of others(ultimately reminding these persons that their life just aint that bad)

I personally don't think the name of either should be released in any case in which the name alone of either party could cause a chance of false information. Innocents have been thrown in jail because of that.

Keep things under wraps, and realease the results after the inpartial have spoken-Unfortunately in todays system, the court of public opinion is too strong

As far as this case? the names are out. If he's guilty, I hope that ruth comes to light and he's sent to prison. If he's innocent and the actual victim here, I hope he's exonerated. Unfortunately for Kobe, if thats the case, his rep is still forever tarnished.

I'm neutral on the case. I do think he's a piece of shit for cheating on his wife.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    She looks different than what was posed earlier.

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...threadid=59830
    the chick in this thread is >MUCH< prettier than the chick in that other thread. her friend would be cute as hell too if she lost like 10 lbs...=)

anyways, why is kobe's wife all standing by his side? he freaking cheated on her!!! oh yeah, i forgot...he's a multimillionair...=P that shit pisses me off...

-- cb

Rich8888 is offline Member
    This picture was posted on the internet earlier this week. I understand that this is NOT the girl...biut a couple of acquanitances of her....

Quote Originally Posted by clockworks
    the chick in this thread is >MUCH< prettier than the chick in that other thread. her friend would be cute as hell too if she lost like 10 lbs...=)

anyways, why is kobe's wife all standing by his side? he freaking cheated on her!!! oh yeah, i forgot...he's a multimillionair...=P that shit pisses me off...

-- cb
    NO WAY!!! The other chick is way hotter!!

Wow! What a time to discuss this...I apologize.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I think this thread should be deleted. It will only bring about assumptions and speculation about the case. I've seen it before
    Her name and face shouldn't even be released at this point in time. That is customary in any sexual assult case.

No offense to you Tek, just my personal opinion on this matter.
    This thread should be deleted because it will bring assumptions and speculation????
    What the hell should we discuss in the AR lounge then. What we eat during the day and how much weight we can bench press.
    He never even mentioned the girls name. This board IMO is becoming too communist and trying to prevent people from being offended. Like I said, just because ONE person is offended by a thread DOES NOT make the thread OFFENSIVE and DELETED.

Where is the diversity. As long as we post about Fina and prop the thread is ok?
    That is just my opinion. I am seeing a SHIT LOAD of posts saying threads should be deleted let alone the ones I have not seen that probably have been deleted.
    WHATEVER

Quote Originally Posted by clockworks

-- cb
    Please delete this post as I find it offensive that you called her friend FAT. It is not fair to call her fat when she is not here to defend herself.

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Please delete this post as I find it offensive that you called her friend FAT. It is not fair to call her fat when she is not here to defend herself.
    Are you trying to make a statement?

Last edited by BigTek; 04-24-2009 at 04:18 AM.

This thread should be deleted because it will bring assumptions and speculation????
    What the hell should we discuss in the AR lounge then. What we eat during the day and how much weight we can bench press.
    He never even mentioned the girls name. This board IMO is becoming too communist and trying to prevent people from being offended. Like I said, just because ONE person is offended by a thread DOES NOT make the thread OFFENSIVE and DELETED.

Where is the diversity. As long as we post about Fina and prop the thread is ok?
    That is just my opinion. I am seeing a SHIT LOAD of posts saying threads should be deleted let alone the ones I have not seen that probably have been deleted.
    WHATEVER

For the record I am not offended by the thread, and did not express my opinion that it should be deleted because of that. I am actually gald that it turned into a respectable and worthy debate(untill your immature and unwarranted sarcastic "humor" that sits above this post)
    A thread on this subject has already been locked on this board as well as fitness geared because of speculation, assumption, and innapropriate material.

Furthermore Tek- The don't like it, don't read it stance unfortunately can't always be a feasible solution for innaporpriate material. This very subject had already gotten out of hand once. My opinion merely espressed concern that it could happen again.
    In this instance, it didn't; which I think shows that our members might actually get the reasoning behind some of the concerned memebers convictions.
    Last edited by Pheedno; 07-25-2003 at 10:37 AM.

Last edited by BigTek; 04-24-2009 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTek
    ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS IF YOU TAKE ANY OF THIS SERIOUSLY.... THEN YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE.... EITHER THAT OR RUB ONE OUT, AND MAYBE YOU'LL LOOSEN UP....
    Show some respect!! Pheedno is totally stand up!!

Last edited by BigTek; 04-24-2009 at 04:16 AM.

Strut99GT is offline Member
    edit: LOL I'm a moron, and didn't get the sarcasm in this the first read That's why I should read the *whole* thread, hehe

Back to the topic at hand...

I concur with BigGreen in that this is no longer a "regular" sexual assault case, since the alleged perpetrator is a *very* high profile celebrity. Hence, all the rules for should "should" happen in a regular sexual assault case are completely thrown out the window.

Oh, and I agree with Pheedno, Kobe is a total asshole for cheating on his wife.
    Last edited by Strut99GT; 07-25-2003 at 11:39 AM.

Last edited by BigTek; 04-24-2009 at 04:16 AM.

Strut99GT is offline Member
    It's really pointless to speculate in the meantime. This case has actually made me check myself big-time, because when I first heard about it, I thought, "Of course he did it, that asshole! Damn rich basketball players taking advantage of the innocent!" But after thinking about it, I thought "Damn girl trying to take money away from a poor innocent rich guy, and get her 15 minutes!"

The reality is that neither one is even close to accurate probably, and soon enough the truth (hopefully) will come out. But in the meantime, I shouldn't be so quick to judge a book by its cover.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    This board IMO is becoming too communist and trying to prevent people from being offended.
    You've been saying this a lot lately, as if you're on a mission to get the board back to the good old days when you joined, way back in May of 2003. How has the board become "communist" during the last two months? We've always had rules - they haven't changed since you joined and they won't change while you're here. There is no conspiracy to deprive you of your favorite threads - you're still reading this thread, right? The rules were not made so that mods could enforce them - They were made because our members dictate what they do and do not want to see. If a significant number of members request that this thread is unsuitable, we are obligated to do something about it. If precident has dictated that this thread is unsuitable we are also obligated to do something about it. If you happen to be in the minority on a few occasions, all I can say is you're not alone. I'm never 100% happy either. That's life.

Quote Originally Posted by EXCESS
    You've been saying this a lot lately, as if you're on a mission to get the board back to the good old days when you joined, way back in May of 2003. How has the board become "communist" during the last two months? We've always had rules - they haven't changed since you joined and they won't change while you're here. There is no conspiracy to deprive you of your favorite threads - you're still reading this thread, right? The rules were not made so that mods could enforce them - They were made because our members dictate what they do and do not want to see. If a significant number of members request that this thread is unsuitable, we are obligated to do something about it. If precident has dictated that this thread is unsuitable we are also obligated to do something about it. If you happen to be in the minority on a few occasions, all I can say is you're not alone. I'm never 100% happy either. That's life.

Good reply. Not arguementative and to the point. You are right about rules and all that.
    I really wanna find something in there to disagree with but DAMNIT you left me with nothing...

Thread Information