• 4 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By DinAZ
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By almostgone

Thread: Lab work

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member

Lab work

I have never did the lab work at home or private, its always been thru doctor.

This time I am going the private route.

What test do I order? what panels do I need?

I want the full breakdown.

Thanks in advance for the help
    DinAZ likes this.

DinAZ is offline Associate Member
    I’m following cause I wanna know too so I can do labs after PCT. They had a men’s health panel at a local place but IDK if that is everything I need.
    wango likes this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinAZ View Post
    I’m following cause I wanna know too so I can do labs after PCT. They had a men’s health panel at a local place but IDK if that is everything I need.
    Here’s what I recently got & I don’t think I missed anything. I do prolactin because of a pituitary tumor. Also, I’m guilty of not doing any shopping for the lowest prices, so I’m sure there are lower costs out there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lab work-ea68ecd1-a616-4e10-9fed-ef9ee32b2f96.jpeg  
    DinAZ likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    I have never did the lab work at home or private, its always been thru doctor.

This time I am going the private route.

What test do I order? what panels do I need?

I want the full breakdown.

Thanks in advance for the help
    Moose, it all depends on how in depth you want to go and if you're doing the panels for HRT or cycle/post cycle purposes. Also, if you have recent labwork from Dr., you may not need to order as many panels. Some online providers will allow you to "build a test" based on what panel you want.

If you're talking HRT, Kel's first post of the thread pretty much covers all the bases:

https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...physician.html

Now for my purposes, let's say I'm using privatemdlabs dot com.
    Using the drop-down menu, choose hormone testing>body builder testing > HORMONE PANEL FOR MALES (QUEST DIAGNOSTICS). This includes:

Complete Blood Count / CBC (includes Differential and Platelets): WBC, RBC, Hemoglobin, Hematocrit, MCV, MCH, MCHC, RDW, Platelet Count, MPV and Differential (Absolute and Percent - Neutrophils, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Eosinophils, and Basophils)
    Comprehensive Metabolic Profile ( includes eGFR ): Albumin, Albumin/Globulin Ratio (calculated), Alkaline Phosphatase, ALT, AST, BUN/Creatinine Ratio (calculated), Calcium, Carbon Dioxide, Chloride, Creatinine with GFR Estimated, Globulin (calculated), Glucose, Potassium, Sodium, Total Bilirubin, Total Protein, Urea Nitrogen
    Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS
    Insulin -Like Growth Factor I (IGF-I, LC/MS)
    Lipid Profile: Cholesterol, total; high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol; low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (calculated); triglycerides; Non-HDL Cholesterol (calculated)
    Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA)
    Testosterone , Free and Total, LC/MS/MS (
    This testosterone test will also provide Total Testosterone results when the value is >1500 but <10,000.)
    Thyroid Profile w/ TSH: T3 Uptake; T4 (Thyroxine), Total; Free T4 Index (T7); Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH)

I used to use the LabCorp panel, but the Quest price is about $300 cheaper.

One bit of advice I will offer is when you pick a company, say LabCorp or Quest, stick with it. It is much easier to spot trends over a period of time because their reference ranges are usually the same.

At most of the online services sites, they either allow you to look for collection center locations for your blood, urine, etc , or if not, you can go to the LabCorp/Quest website and search for collection centers. That isn't a big deal for most people, but I'm very rural so I try to find one that is the most convenient for me.

Also, keep your receipt, this is an HSA eligible expense if you're into that. Additionally, once you create your account, before your place your order, peep around online. Sometimes there's a 10-15% discount code that you can use.

Sorry for the brain dump on labwork, but hope it helps.

Note: The panel I chose above is the one that worked for my purposes. You can order less detailed panels, it just depends on what works for you.

You may want to start off with the basics and then expand from there. Just for an example, CBC, CMP, PSA, lipids, total and free T, IGF-1, and sensitive E2 is a decent panel

One more thing. When you pick your E2 panel, either go with sensitive or ultrasensitive and stick with it. Trying to compare sensitive values to ultrasensitive values has gotten many guys screwed up and they end up totally screwing the pooch in regards to AI dosage.

Again, sorry for the brain dump, but I know when you first start shopping/researching which panels to order, it can turn into a real "fvck me" moment.

In closing, there's not a thing wrong with the panel Wango selected/posted up. I imagine it's tailored exactly to his requirements based on his body's physiology.
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-27-2021 at 04:48 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

DinAZ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post

Also, keep your receipt, this is an HSA eligible expense if you're into that. Additionally, once you create your account, before your place your order, peep around online. Sometimes there's a 10-15% discount code that you can use.

Sorry for the brain dump on labwork, but hope it helps.

Note: The panel I chose above is the one that worked for my purposes. You can order less detailed panels, it just depends on what works for you.

You may want to start off with the basics and then expand from there. Just for an example, CBC, CMP, PSA, lipids, total and free T, IGF-1, and sensitive E2 is a decent panel

One more thing. When you pick your E2 panel, either go with sensitive or ultrasensitive and stick with it. Trying to compare sensitive values to ultrasensitive values has gotten many guys screwed up and they end up totally screwing the pooch in regards to AI dosage.

Again, sorry for the brain dump, but I know when you first start shopping/researching which panels to order, it can turn into a real "fvck me" moment.

In closing, there's not a thing wrong with the panel Wango selected/posted up. I imagine it's tailored exactly to his requirements based on his body's physiology.
    That is great info ty! I have to sign up for a new insurance plan soon. The HSA option is sounding even more appealing if it can be used for self-ordered labs.
    Last edited by DinAZ; 07-27-2021 at 08:38 PM. Reason: remove full quote
    almostgone likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    X2 with AG

I’d be asking myself what are my goals, what’s driving wanting the labs, family history, prior medical issues.

Also thinking you could ask for old lab reports and replicate them.

Again though, AG really nailed it
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    X2 with AG

I’d be asking myself what are my goals, what’s driving wanting the labs, family history, prior medical issues.

Also thinking you could ask for old lab reports and replicate them.

Again though, AG really nailed it

Exactly, S&D!!

I'll occasionally throw in a PTT panel and D-dimer since I have the genetic clotting issue or if my ticker feels overworked/not right, I'll add a CRP. Some guys may want to monitor their DHT, etc.

It's a tad overwhelming at first, but it's a great tool to use once you decide what's right for you.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by DinAZ View Post
    That is great info ty! I have to sign up for a new insurance plan soon. The HSA option is sounding even more appealing if it can be used for self-ordered labs.
    DinAZ, if your interested in relevant labwork for cycling and recovery purposes, you may want to refer to section 5 of Austinite's post of the thread below. It will help you out/give you a decent introduction to the labwork. Just skim through section 5 of his first post and you'll see it listed.

https://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...rst-cycle.html
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-28-2021 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Typo...
    DinAZ and SampsonandDelilah like this.

Thread Information