POWERSTROKE is offline Associate Member

Movie "ALI", starring Will Smith

Did any of you see the preview for the movie "ALI" that is opening on christmas day? You all know who Will Smith is... Look how big he is in this movie. I think he's one of us !!! Am I wrong ?

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    HAHA. He could be. He was never that small and he was well defined. He could of juiced, with the money that he has he could do everything to perfect detail.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    i have been waiting all year for this film! will is 215lbs and benching a little over 300.(read that a few weeks ago)

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are insane juice! ali is the best fighter ever, unless its sugar ray robinson! ali knocked out george-fucking-foreman! he beat the shit out of joe frazier, the tyson of the early 70's! you have got to rethink this. have you seen many of his fights? or watched fights of the guys he beat? they where killers and ali made them look clumsy and slow. he broke sonny listons jaw! bro, did you watch the rumble in the jungle? he let foreman, one of the hardest punchers in history, beat on him for 7 rounds! then when the time was right, PAKOW, lights out big george. please tell me you are joking juice!

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    Yea but Tyon can bite off an ear like a champ Ali wouldnt stand a chance tyson love the ear.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Ali invented the rope a dope , and tyson is definately a dope!

And those were great fights Big Kev

TSN up here in little ole Canada play's a lot of the classic fights
    on the weekend. if you compare any of the heavy weights of that time to the slouches now, i'ts ridiculous! Just MO.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I am SOOOOO stoked to see this movie. Not only was Ali and incrediable fighter but he was cultural icon, an articulate, charasmatic, affable man who stood for his beliefs and for his people. He is/was loved by people of all races, creeds, colors, religions...no other athlete in history has had a big an impact on society as Ali.

JRMY2711 is offline Associate Member
    I read that Will Smith put on about 30lbs to do this movie he my just be one of us.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    you are right Big Kev..i am with you all the way on the ALI thing..he is one of the best fighters of all time...he even said that himself..lol..

Can't wait for this movie

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Kev, they are all great fighters. Ali was just to cocky, really cocky. I have see many of his fights, but I think that Tyson could win this one. BTW this is my honest opinion, becasue I hate Tyson.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    u guys are comparing apples to oranges here. Just like comparing arnold to ronnie. Well shit juice has gotten better too, and so has advances in medicine, which is why todays competitors are bigger then last years. ...... this is why u cannot compar Ali to Lennox or Tyson or anyone else for that matter. What u can compare is how they stood up to the top competition of their time....and ali blew them away, no one came close to beating him (except..) not like todays boxers where every fight is a gamble.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Originally posted by juice
    I'm going to piss someone off here. yes the movie should be good but i HATE ALI everyone thinks he was the best boxer ever ha ha ya right he would get killed if he was fighting with today's boxers.. Tyson Lewis Mercer Holy they would all ko him. But ya i think it will be a good movie to go see
    I am sure your too young to have personally seen any fights he had when he was in his prime ....

If you saw the power of Frasier and Foreman ..... you may have changed your mind ... and remember Foreman became champ again in his 50's .... This guy's power was AWESOME .... and a Chin of steal ....

I feel your statement meant you didn't have all the facts ....

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Didn't anyone see the Tyson Holyfield fight .... this was during the time where Holyfield surely wasn't his best ..... he was getting older and something about a possible heart murmer ... a couple fights previous to Tyson were really slow and uneventful .... he just looked tired and motionless ... anyway he came into the Tyson fight apparently well conditioned ... He rocked Tyson all day long .... and ended up winning the title ... To me that was one of the best fights I had ever seen ....
    This was just to prove the Tyson could be WON if the other fighter wasn't scared ... Most were frightened of him .... But, Holyfield took him down ... a knockout mind you ....]

Ali on the other hand was even better in my opinion as stated by many above ... he would have mad an overly aggresive opponent bumble around and look clumbsy .... can't wait to see this film , should be a good one..

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Ali put championship Boxing on the map...He brought it to a whole new level. There were some great heavy weights in the old days, Jersy Joe Walcot, Marciano, Joe Louis. But it was Ali whose charismatic personality and ability to back up his words in the ring that made him and Boxing something to behold!!

'nough said!

MJ

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    Ali was THE KING! I love him. I have watched a lot of his old fights and also read his bio. He was great.

I will go see the movie too, and it wouldn't surprise me if Will juiced it a bit.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Tigress,

I'm guessing by your Avatar that you have laced 'em up and jumped in a ring or two.
    If so, I know the guys here talk about in shape gals with muscle that turn us guys on, but a girl who can handle herself too......well thats my kinda woman!!!

No disrespect intended I'm just stating a matter of fact from the Mighty One!

tyson hits harder than foreman??????????????????have you ever seen joe fraziers left hook? its the best in the history of the sport.

ali lost those fights(most of them) (the ones juice mentions), at the end of his career, at the onset of parkinsons disease!

did you forget that he couldnt box for years after he refused vietnam?(which i think was pussyish) he came back and beat the best in the world anyway! the rumble in the jungle was the most grueling fight ever caught on tape! it was 102 degrees in the ring, 102!!!!!!!!!!!!! tyson misses a few years and comes back to be beaten by holyfeild? the same holyfeild that micheal moorer beat half to death? MICHEAL MOORER???????????? i could beat that bozo!

the ali / holmes fight should never have taken place, no more than the holmes / tyson fight.

ali was a boxer, not a brute like tyson, thats why he moved , bobbed, weaved, danced. he would frustrate a mentally challenged fighter like tyson so bad that he might even resort to bitin......oops, he did that already..

lewis has a jaw of glass! what? a jaw of glass!!! ali would destroy him with his jab alone!

Black Stang is offline Associate Member
    I'm telling you bros now to settle this. Rocky is the best of all time!! In the ring, or on the steet it don't matter, he'll knock you off your feet! LOL

What? I did'nt hear no bell! Get up! Get up you SOB cause Micky loves ya!

Oh wait, that was just a movie.....ooops

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

you can even debated this

you're delaing w/ different times and athletics are so much more advanced in everyway now to help athletes achieve greater performance today.anyway, back to the "ali" movie. you couldn't pay me to go see will smith in anything.i mean i have been forced to see his movies w/ my gf but he is so fucking bad.it's not like there was any other black actor who could have take the part so they had to cast him.he's just so bad.i just watched a special on HBO this morning about ali/frazier 1 and that was 100 times better than "ali" will be.will smith and jada be blackballed from hollywood

Juice, you are comparing yesterday's athletes to today's. Training and "supplementation" have improved, and so have athletes. Today's sprinter would beat a sprinter from 40 years ago by a large margin. Natural talent is what determines the dominator of any sport. Supplementation and training advances have improved athletes from every sport. Ali was great then, and if he trained the way today's athletes do, and fought against today's fighters, I highly doubt he would be a "C" fighter.

Mighty Joe, my background is in martial arts, not boxing, but I have done a few rounds in a few rings. I haven't had any matches(in boxing I mean) but I have trained with a few boxers and kickboxers, and been sparring partners for people prepping. I am a boxing fan though, and like to watch the fights.

PBNY, again we agree on actors. I am a huge Ali fan though, so I will go and watch it anyway. There was another movie I want to talk about, check your pm.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator

Did Will juice is the question at hand.

PapaP, my vote is yes. He probably did. But who knows for sure?

LOL...Thank you Tigress. At least someone cares.

I personally think that he had a 'guru' coaching him, and then a personal trainer training him. IG , were you his coach???

Ahhhh...who am I kidding, IG will never read this thread.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I don't think Will Smith juiced, he won't even swear in his songs.

And off topic again: I can't believe somebody mentioned Tommy Morrison's name alongside these great fighters. What's next, Buster Douglas?

Originally posted by EXCESS
    I don't think Will Smith juiced, he won't even swear in his songs.

And off topic again: I can't believe somebody mentioned Tommy Morrison's name alongside these great fighters. What's next, Buster Douglas?

At least you admit when you go off topic.

Thread Information