07-28-2003, 09:15 AM #1
Joke of the day (Eleven Step Guide to Being Handy Around the House)
1. If you can't find a screwdriver, use a knife.
If you break off the tip, it's an improved screwdriver.
2. Try to work alone. An audience is rarely any help.
3. Despite what you may have been told by your mother,
praying and cursing are both helpful in home repair ...
but only if you are working alone.
4. Work in the kitchen whenever you can ...
many fine tools are there, its warm and dry, and you
are close to the refrigerator.
5. If it's electronic, get a new one ...
or consult a twelve-year-old.
6. Stay simple minded: Get a new battery; replace the bulb
or fuse; see if the tank is empty; try turning it to the
"on" switch; or just paint over it.
7. Always take credit for miracles. If you dropped the
alarm clock while taking it apart and it suddenly
starts working, you have healed it.
8. Regardless of what people say, kicking, pounding, and
throwing sometimes DOES help.
9. If something looks level, it is level.
10. If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
11. Above all, if what you've done is stupid, but it works,
then it isn't stupid.
If all else fails...yell "HONEYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"
07-28-2003, 05:39 PM #2Anabolic Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2002
- The land of stars
Where's the one saying: "it ain't broke...it just lacks duct tape"
07-29-2003, 02:23 AM #3Originally Posted by Butch
07-29-2003, 06:18 AM #4
#12 - If it doesn't work, hit it... who cares if you break it, it wasn't working anyways.
07-29-2003, 06:24 AM #5
#2! is so right, im watching my brother and my mom trying to fix a package as im typing this
Haha and now his daughter is helping too
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)