Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Why not take the bullies out of the schools and put them into a separate school!? Maybe some would get a taste of their own medicine.
    Would be fun watching the fights!

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    Why not take the bullies out of the schools and put them into a separate school!? Maybe some would get a taste of their own medicine
    Got a much better idea... why not take those bullies out of the schools and put them where they belong... IN JAIL.

See how much they like the "bullying" they'll get in there.

I certainly understand that gay teens in most highschool are indeed harassed, but then so are the nerdy kids, the "special ed" kids they are trying so hard to integrate in "normal" schools... and all the kids who are different in any way.

Would it not make sense to remove the OFFENDERS who are harassing all those kids instead of having to remove the VICTIMS? The victims (be they gay, lesbian, nerdy or even that slow kid in special ed) have a right to go to the same school as all their peers. The offenders who harass them on the other hand have no right to do what they do.

I say start a zero tolerance policy and make an example of a few highschool bullies who harass kids. Charge them with hate crimes and crucify them publicly with the maximum the law allows.

But removing the victims and creating special schools for them I am against. It remains catering to a S.I.G with public funds and it's a no-no for me. Take care of the problem, not the symptom. Closing the curtains in front of a dirty window doesn't make it cleaner... Remove the offenders, not the victims.

Red

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    It's only natural to pick on people that are weak or different than us. That's what humans have been programed to do. Same with every animal alive. It's apart of our "evil nature". You will never stop it unless the equlibrium movie comes true.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    IM going to make a Straight pride day whoes with me !!!

gunner27 is offline Junior Member
    First, some information about the Harvey Milk School. In the past, lots of the kids who went there had SERIOUS problems. Things like having been severely physically, sexually, and emotionally abused; being homeless after being kicked out of their homes when their parents found out they were gay; worked as prostitutes in order to survive; and were addicts as well. Lots were also not just gay, but transgendered as well. Think about it: how well do you expect that most high schools would deal with a 16 year old boy whop identifies as gay, dresses in drag, and has breasts from taking estrogen injections? These were not your typical gay teenagers.

I'm all for gay and straight students going to school together and learning to deal with each other whether they like each other or not. Bullies should be dealt with appropriately whoever their targets are. But sometimes that's not enough for some kids and something else needs to be done for them. If it takes a special high school for kids like these in order for them to be able to put their lives back together, I'm all for it. If they can get an education this way and end up not being a burden on society, then everyone benefits.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    But removing the victims and creating special schools for them I am against. It remains catering to a S.I.G with public funds and it's a no-no for me. Take care of the problem, not the symptom. Closing the curtains in front of a dirty window doesn't make it cleaner... Remove the offenders, not the victims.

Red
    ==================================

Agreed . . .
    And it seems that the folks at something called the "Gay Lesbian and Straight Education Network" agrees as well. So I guess there's no one that disagrees on this . . .
    . . . guess it helps to get "the story behind the story" before getting yer panties in a wad . . .
    --Tock

--------------------------
    Joshua Lamont, spokesman for the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) agreed with Bloomberg. "Unfortunately, many gay, lesbian and transgender youth are still being harassed at school," he said. "Nationally, one-third of LGBT kids drop out due to their fear of harassment, and 40 percent who stay in school complain of regular harassment."

"This is a good short-term move so the kids already in the system can get an education," he added. "But long-term the country needs to address more directly the issue of verbal and physical violence in schools against LGBT youth. Creating separate schools is not the long-term answer."
    -----------------------

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner27
    Think about it: how well do you expect that most high schools would deal with a 16 year old boy whop identifies as gay, dresses in drag, and has breasts from taking estrogen injections? These were not your typical gay teenagers.
    That sounds like someone who needs some serious psychiatric help - that is not a high school's job

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    This is why the public school system doesnt work. Take the taxes WE PAY for public schooling, give us that money so we can decide what school to send our kids to. For instance: the money we pay for schooling should be eliminated so instead we can pay for PRIVATE schooling. Pretty soon, schools will compete for your money and start making changes to the public school system.

There is NO WAY my child will be sent to public school.
    Next thing you know, they will have an all black school.
    Then they will have schools that teach religion I bet.
    Next they will swear in a church minister who known and announced he is gay.
    The gay school thing to me doesnt bother me. If it works hurray. If not, its just another lost cause for our taxes.

again - I think vouchers are fine - then if there is a "gay" (why do they get to be so happy?) school tehn fine as long as I can pick the best one to send my kids to and have it paid for. what isnt right is to have a special interest get preferential treatment with my tax dollars - I know, I know, happens every day :sigh:

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Why am I not surprised

If more people were as sue happy as you farting in public would be a crime, punishable by death. lol

Having homosexuall schools will just make it easier for the homofobic, i think you will see alot of hate crimes and attacks on the schools.

csal is offline New Member
    public money should not pay for schools that segregate

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by palme

Having homosexuall schools will just make it easier for the homofobic, i think you will see alot of hate crimes and attacks on the schools.

Hmmm, who could do such a thing?

SneakerSeven is offline Junior Member
    I guess I'll make a comment as a token gay guy...

1. I agree that I don't think this is a good idea as a public funded school. It feels a bit too much like a special interest to be putting those kinds of dollars into it. They should allow everyone to enter; it sounds like that IS the case, but then how is it a "gay" school to begin with? Maybe that's just some media label, I don't know. If they were a private school, let them do whatever they want. I don't have a problem with private segregation, to be honest. As long as it's paid for entirely by private funds; which in this day it's hard to say, with the wacked out tax system.

2. On the concept of a gay school... I honestly can't say I'm for it. Why? Well... what happens when they graduate? Boom, real world. Oops, lots of straight people around... what do I do? Yes, it's nice to have a little sheltered school I suppose, but unfortunately the real world beckons in just a few years. Might as well get used to dealing with it, and learning how to solve your particular problems in it. It feels strange saying that, but it's cold reality... life's not an island. Assuming you're halfway sane, you can deal with it. Not gonna have much of a choice!

Although I suppose the one thing it does make easier is dating in high school. Can't say I did much of that o_o

SneakerSeven - you are definitely not the only gay person on AR, we welcome anyone here that is into BB, Plifting, nutrition and working out. Now, I personally think that same sex activities are wrong (and I dont really believe in "gay people", thus I like those who identify as such just as much as everyone else, I just dont agree with certain actions the do) - but that has NOTHING to do with why I think this school is a bad idea. I would be just as against a publically funded "jewish, black, white, muslim school) If the gov ever gets a voucher system and you can choose that might be different but frankly as you well state, it is now too much of a special interest.

[QUOTE=bermich]This is why the public school system doesnt work. Take the taxes WE PAY for public schooling, give us that money so we can decide what school to send our kids to. For instance: the money we pay for schooling should be eliminated so instead we can pay for PRIVATE schooling. Pretty soon, schools will compete for your money and start making changes to the public school system.
    =======================

Ok . . . huh . . .
    Once the precedent of $$$ refunds to dissatisfied customers of the public school system is established, I'm gonna see about getting a refund of my tax $$$ because I don't like (or use) the public transportation system. Get a voucher to pay for my own damn van, and the hell with the subways . . .
    --Tock

Ok . . . huh . . .
    Once the precedent of $$$ refunds to dissatisfied customers of the public school system is established, I'm gonna see about getting a refund of my tax $$$ because I don't like (or use) the public transportation system. Get a voucher to pay for my own damn van, and the hell with the subways . . .
    --Tock

The better answer on the subways is a public system with competitive bidding for management of each line 4,5,6 or e,f trains - that way it doesnt get so bloated and MTA workers unions dont wield so much control

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    The better answer on the subways is a public system with competitive bidding for management of each line 4,5,6 or e,f trains - that way it doesnt get so bloated and MTA workers unions dont wield so much control
    Ask our bros in the UK what they think of that... the old Britrail was one of the best (well, in my opinion at least!) rail system in the world... Then they "privatized" the routes and all hell broke loose. Their "national" railway system is now a shame.

I have to admit I do not disagree with the school system here. Everyone pays school taxes (wether you got kids or no) to the public school system. You are entitled to send your kids to the local public schools. If you're not happy with those schools, then you may choose to pay extra for a private school.

It's not the best system, but it works. The voucher system I am afraid could be taken a step too far...

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Ask our bros in the UK what they think of that... the old Britrail was one of the best (well, in my opinion at least!) rail system in the world... Then they "privatized" the routes and all hell broke loose. Their "national" railway system is now a shame.
    Red
    I might remind you, if you are old enough to remember a little company called AT&T that was once the ONLY phone co in the US

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    AT&T..... I thought PACIFIC BELL was the FIRST phone company. Hence being named after Grahm Bell. With those two compnanies there was competiton. But I guess we could discuss this in a new thread titled (Something, I dont fuckin know)

Good point about us paying school taxes even if we dont have kids but if we decide on private, we just pay extra.
    This thread could take a major turn towards politics and government ran jobs versus subbing out to private business. I wont steal this thread.

Whoever was unhappy about the "special rights for gays" rest comfortable that it wasn't the gay community's idea. Evidently it's getting something of a backlash from the gay folks up in New York . . .
    As many of the luminaries on Anabolic Review opined, "They should fix the problem, not segregate the kids."

From the August 5, 2003 Christian Science Monitor

www.csmonitor.com/2003/0805/p12s03-lepr.html
    First school for gay students draws dollars and criticism

By Elizabeth Armstrong

Everyone was downright giddy at the Hetrick-Martin Institute when the New York Board of Education voted in June to approve a $3.2 million expansion of its Harvey Milk School, the first accredited public school in the world "devoted to educating lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, and questioning youth."

The approval allows the school, which was founded in 1984, to increase enrollment from 50 to 170 students for the start of the 2003 school year.

While protest of the decision was expected from the Christian right, few expected such a severe backlash from within the gay community. The announcement came, after all, on the heels of one pleasant brush with the press after another.

In February, Hillary Clinton (D) of New York became the first senator to visit. In April, actress Susan Sarandon became a "principal for a day." Even New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg added to the chorus, telling a throng of reporters that the vote was "a good idea" because some gay and lesbian students are "constantly harassed and beaten in other schools."

But after the New York Post covered the expansion last week, the floodgates opened.

"For those of us who have supported gay rights, the announcement of the new high school is baffling," wrote Jonathan Turley, a George Washington University Law School professor, in a Newsday commentary. "The city's ... solution is not to correct those failings but to remove the students, as if they are the source of the problem. The establishment of a gay high school rings of a civil rights breakthrough when it is the scourge of equal rights."

Mike Long, chairman of the Conservative Party of New York, asked the Post if there was a "different way of teaching" gay and lesbian students. "There's no reason these children should be treated separately," he said. But supporters argue that these students are already treated separately. "In a perfect world, there wouldn't be a need for HMS," responded Debra Smock, administrator for the Harvey Milk School, on the Hetrick-Martin Institute's website. "But there is a need for the school and a need for the expansion."

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member
    I don't think segregation is a great idea.

I'm going to point out an argument from the other side for a minute.

Getting abused homosexuals away from violence is important, but it's not always physical abuse. I'm sure that they are often verbaly threatened. Who would want to attend a school like that. I would not want to send my school where he/she were harrassed daily.

Then again, as many have already pointed out, segregation isolates these children to a degree, and whether this is right or wrong, or whether it's a slippery slope, that's all irrelevant.

Society has to tolerate the diversity, until then this is the answer that has been promoted. Segregation will fail and in time homosexuals will be more passively accepted.

Anyway, I don't think any segregation is right. Whether gender, sexual orientation, race, etc. Without proper social interaction, you're bound to be socially inept.

Doc

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member
    Errr.

"I wouldn't want to send my school?" my child not school sorry.

I can understand why the issue has received backlash from its community members. It highlights the community, such attention isn't benificial. The best way for peace isn't assimilation, but a nice quiet integration.

By the way, I'm straight.

Doc

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    If there is a demonstrated NEED for Gay kids to have their own school, no problem. Sort of like mandating special ed classes. But frankly, I don't see that such a need exists.

Here is another thing to think about... how do they KNOW a kid is Gay, and therefore qualified to attend the Gay school? How would they keep Straight kids out? What if a kid just claims to be Gay, just to get in the school?

What happens when a Straight kid applies to go to this public school but is denied because of his sexual preference?

And why the hell doesn't my avatar squat any more? He just stands there with the bar on his traps, making an ugly face.

gymchic is offline Female Member
    This is taking it wayyy too far! These kids are choosing this lifestyle. Yes, it's their choice but they don't need to be coddled and catered to because of their choices.

High school is hard on everyone! Kids who are different in any way (i.e. overweight, don't dress as nice as the other kids, etc.) will most likely be picked on in school. No, it isn't right but we don't see them starting schools for the overweight kids or a special school for kids who don't fit in for one reason or another. Although at this rate I'm sure it won't be long - look out ... Hamburger High - school for the cholesterol challenged - lol!

GymChic
    Moderator: Bodybuilding.com
    Moderator: Steroidology
    Moderator: Superior Muscle

I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer

Universal Kits

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Shit like this makes me rage!! I refrained from reading this thread for quite some time cause I knew it would piss me off.

How the fuck are people ever going to get along if they continue to seek segregation and 'closed opportunities' for their particular group. Throw everyone in the same schools, colleges etc and they will get along eventually....education and exposure to different people and ideas is the only way people will open their eyes and accept one another.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    If any of you actually read about the school instead of paying attention to the news bytes you hear you would know the school is not a gay only school. No one is being discriminated against and straight students may attend if they choose.

Quote Originally Posted by gymchic
    This is taking it wayyy too far! These kids are choosing this lifestyle. Yes, it's their choice but they don't need to be coddled and catered to because of their choices.

Being gay is not a choice. Can you tell me when you chose to be straight? No, I bet you can't. And neither can any gay person tell you when they chose to be gay because it is not a choice. The only choice is when someone chooses not to live a lie and be happy with themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Being gay is not a choice. Can you tell me when you chose to be straight? No, I bet you can't. And neither can any gay person tell you when they chose to be gay because it is not a choice. The only choice is when someone chooses not to live a lie and be happy with themselves.
    ===========================

I figured someone would mention this sooner or later . . . lemme say that I wholeheartedly agree. I don't know anyone who can say that they made a decision to adopt the heterosexual lifestyle; same can be said for gays.
    Anyone who thinks homosexuality is against religion needs to check:
    www.religionisbullshit.com/fpreach.htm
    . . . shows what too much religion can do to a person . . .
    --Tock

Vanmuscle is offline Junior Member
    Wow, nothing like 'moral issues' to spur some serious debate. I am gay, no it wasn't a choice (do you honestly think someone would choose to have a life oustisde of the 'norm', put up with insult, and nearly everyday see people make durogatory comments about people just because of their sexuality?). I'm not ashamed of who I am, neither is my conservative family, because my life has forced them to learn something, and change their way of thinking.
    That being said, I don't think that publicly funded gay schools are a good idea. It's been mentioned previously, and I agree that segregating gay students will do little to teach tolerance and understanding to others. I don't think it's the solution. I think our society has a long way to go as far as just letting other people live the way they were intended (whether it's race, colour, religion, sexuality, favourite soft drink), but separating us by group won't help to achieve that.
    It's cliche, but can't we all just get along

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I will agree with that - but please tell me something - what does "being gay" mean? please tell me how to KNOW if someone is gay or not - because they are attracted to someone of the same sex? how occasionally must this occur for them to be gay (eve if it is never acted upon)? once on occasion? no, the way you KNOW some is homosexual is because they HAVE SEX with the same gender as they are. So, I dont have a problem with someone "being gay" but I do believe that sex with the same gender is wrong, for religious reasons as well as social, physiological ones - and people can certainly choose to have sex or not and whom they have sex with. Certainly, people engage in other things that I believe are wrong too and I myself do not always live up to the standard either. But just because I fail at it, does not make it correct to say that the standard is wrong. Again, no problem with gay people (some truly great guys and gals many of them) but I do have a problem with gay sex - and exceedingly so that you are declared "homophobic" if you believe that sex within the gender is wrong

But in any case, as I have stated previously, my opposition to this particular school is apart from the issue of sex whatsoever but rather a small interest group enjoying special privileges at the public expense while denying that right to many other groups.

I will agree with that - but please tell me something - what does "being gay" mean? please tell me how to KNOW if someone is gay or not - because they are attracted to someone of the same sex? how occasionally must this occur for them to be gay (eve if it is never acted upon)? once on occasion? no, the way you KNOW some is homosexual is because they HAVE SEX with the same gender as they are.

Being gay is not about sex. Someone can be a virgin and be gay. Being gay is about being attracted to and getting turned on by someone of the same sex. If you are a man and you look at a man and you ge a hard on, you have homosexual tendencies. Weather or not you act upon them, you still are attracted to men. By your statement, you say it's OK to be gay but not OK for someone gay to have sex? You expect gay people to go through life being celibate?

Vanmuscle is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=CYCLEON] no, the way you KNOW some is homosexual is because they HAVE SEX with the same gender as they are. So, I dont have a problem with someone "being gay" but I do believe that sex with the same gender is wrong, for religious reasons as well as social, physiological ones - and people can certainly choose to have sex or not and whom they have sex with.

Cycleon:
    If you don't have a problem with someone being gay, and you define being gay as someone who have sex with the same gender, but you believe having sex with the same gender is wrong, by definition you contradict yourself. Maybe you don't have a problem with someone being gay and celibate?

I think it's really hard to be ok, or not ok, or agree or disagree with something as personal as someone else's sexuality. It's like religion... I don't believe in God, and think that organized religion has committed some of the most heinous acts in the history of mankind. At the same time, I would never say I have a problem with people being religious - it's none of my business what someone believes, or prays for, or if they take communion on Sunday.

For as long as I can remember since I have had sexual feelings, they have never been directed towards women. As a kid, this was fucking confusing, to say the least. I grew up in a place where everyone is straight (or at least in the public eye they are), boys meet girls, boys date girls and boys marry girls. Sometimes I'm surprised I became successful and balanced in my life at all. It was like growing up thinking there's no one else in the world like me. Some people claim that there is a scale of sexuality from the completely hetero to completely homo spectrum. So to answer your questions, I guess someone who is attracted to the same sex half the time might be bisexual. I think the best answer is probably that once you remove the sociological influence from your decision making (i.e. if you could forget that most the people you've known are in heterosexual relationships, or for the poor orphan'd straight boy who grows up in a gay orphanage-ok, highly unlikely but you get my point ) and measure your attraction to the opposite and same sexes, it's pretty clear if you're gay. For most straight people, I would imagine they don't even question that they're straight, they're just attracted to the opposite sex. For me, there was never really any question... I just knew I was attracted to the same sex.

I think religion, and history, and plain old tradition have a lot to do with the attitudes we have towards people of other races, religions, sexuality, etc. today. Change is slow but sure. It seems our society is growing more accepting and tolerant, just treating people like other human beings.

Sorry for the long winded post. No flames or anything else intended by the way, just trying to have some healthy discussion.

Peace.

I will agree with that - but please tell me something - what does "being gay" mean? please tell me how to KNOW if someone is gay or not - because they are attracted to someone of the same sex? how occasionally must this occur for them to be gay (eve if it is never acted upon)? once on occasion? no, the way you KNOW some is homosexual is because they HAVE SEX with the same gender as they are.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Well, there's such a thing as "homosexual orientation," which is what a person feels inside, and "homosexual acts," which is what a person does. You could get thrown in the slammer and get raped by another guy, and that wouldn't mean you had a homosexual orientation, it would mean only that you were part of a homosexual act, albeit involutary.

Orientation = internal feelings
    Acts = external behavior

Some folks are heterosexual virgins, some are homosexual virgins. They ain't had nothin' yet, but they know what they want.
    Some folks in heterosexual marriages get divorced and end up in homosexual relationships; they usually say they always felt gay as long as they could remember, they just got married because of social pressures.

----------------------------------------------------------
    So, I dont have a problem with someone "being gay" but I do believe that sex with the same gender is wrong, for religious reasons as well as social, physiological ones - and people can certainly choose to have sex or not and whom they have sex with. Certainly, people engage in other things that I believe are wrong too and I myself do not always live up to the standard either. But just because I fail at it, does not make it correct to say that the standard is wrong. Again, no problem with gay people (some truly great guys and gals many of them) but I do have a problem with gay sex - and exceedingly so that you are declared "homophobic" if you believe that sex within the gender is wrong
    ------------------------------------------------------------

I can understand how if gay sex isn't your cup of tea, why you could be against it . . . just because it isn't for you, you don't want to be propositioned by another guy, it grosses ya out. Perfectly reasonable. I get the impression that your opinions do not lead you to require that gays lead sexless lives. I hope that's because you have an idea of how far one person should interfere with the personal life of another (as soon as you direct someone else's life, you open yourself up to having your life directed by someone else) . . .
    I see no problem with anyone thinking that gay sex is "wrong;" everyone is entitled to their opinion. It should be respected. On the other hand, just as no one else has the right to force a contrary opinion on you and force you to live contrary to your sexual orientation, you would similarly be without the right to force your opinion on others and require them to live contrary to their sexual orientation.
    "Different strokes for different folks," as the proverb was back in the 60's.
    And no, just because you might get grossed out by the idea of gay sex doesn't mean you're homophobic; you're not homophobic until fear of homosexuals interferes with your everyday, day-to-day life. That's essentially what "phobic" implies.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    But in any case, as I have stated previously, my opposition to this particular school is apart from the issue of sex whatsoever but rather a small interest group enjoying special privileges at the public expense while denying that right to many other groups.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

I read somewhere that a poll taken among gay people said 33% were in favor of the special school and 67% didn't think it was the right way to fix the problem. You and I agree with the majority; everyone on this distinguished board (this really is a great board) agrees with the majority as well. I think everyone is of the opinion that the abuse & hassling should stop and the gay kids should have go to the same schools as everyone else. Evidently, the only reason the school district created this gay school has something to do with the how they cannot provide a tolerable learning environment for the kids. If it was up to me, I'd call in the national guard (or cops or something along those lines) and make goddam sure that every kid in every school had a decent place to learn, free of harrassment, etc etc. Of course, the New York schools being what they are, it might take a lot of expensive manpower, but as far as I'm concerned, every kid deserves a decent school, and any other kids who can't leave the gay kids alone can be expelled until they can (probably reduce school attendance by 15%, but that's their problem).

One other thing . . . "Special rights for gays?" I'm not aware of any . . . can you clue me in on some? (keep in mind this "gay school" is open to straight kids, too) . . .

I am sorry but i do not think it matters if some people think they have different needs then let it be. It is better than being in a school of homophobic jocks that would make fun of the gay students. I have friends that maybe it would be better if they went to an all gay school so they would be more comfortable with there sexuality

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    My big problem with this school is that with only 100 students enrolled, the academic possibilities are going to be excellent. This school will have immediate status due to it's instant fame, small size, and likely excellent teachers. As a student, i feel it is unfair to deny me acceptance to an exceptional institution based only on my sexual preference. This is clearly descrimination, and if legislation is passed to allow this sort of behavior, the resulting shit storm is going to tear our country apart. Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    My big problem with this school is that with only 100 students enrolled, the academic possibilities are going to be excellent. This school will have immediate status due to it's instant fame, small size, and likely excellent teachers. As a student, i feel it is unfair to deny me acceptance to an exceptional institution based only on my sexual preference. This is clearly descrimination, and if legislation is passed to allow this sort of behavior, the resulting shit storm is going to tear our country apart. Just my .02.
    Again, straight students are not excluded from enrolling in the school. There is no discrimination based on sexual preference. If you're straight and you want to go there, go.

The suit also points out New York City schools are subject to New York Chancellor Regulation A-830, which prohibits discrimination based on "sexual orientation." Since heterosexual students are not allowed at Harvey Milk High School, the plaintiffs charge, the city is violating its own non-discrimination rule.

This is from the boston metro.

This lawsuit has not been thrown out. It is undergoing proceedings right now. If the school admitted straight students, this would not be the case; and therefore, I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    This lawsuit has not been thrown out. It is undergoing proceedings right now. If the school admitted straight students, this would not be the case; and therefore, I rest my case.
    The school does admit straight students. Thats why it was thrown out. You need to do a search and actually read about the school vs reading the news bytes posted on the internet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information