Pheedno is offline Respected Member

How many did you get

Below are four questions, you have to answer them instantly. Do not take your time, answer all immediately. Check each anwser right after your finished with the question and then scroll back up to complete the second.

1. You are participating in a race.. You overtake the second person. What postion are you in?
    Answer and scroll down

2. If you overtake the last person, then you are?
    Answer and scroll down

3. (Do this in your head only. Do NOT use writing utencils or calculator)
    Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10.
    What is the total?
    Answer and scroll down

4. Mary's father has five daughters: Nana, Nene, Nini, Nono.
    What is the name of the fifth daughter?
    Answer and scroll down

Answers
    1. If you answered that you are in first, then you are wrong! If you overtake the second person and you take his place, then your are second.

2. If you answered second to last, then you are wrong again. Tell me, how can YOU overtake the LAST place.

3. Did you get 5000? The correct answer is 4100. Check it with a calculator if you don't believe it.

4. Nunu? No!. Of course not. Her name is Mary

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Dammit!!!! All but the last one, I got. When I read number 5 the second time, I realized the answer.

Good one Pheedno.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I got the last two correct, but I got the first two wrong...my answer to the first was "indeterminable" as it says nothing about the second place person, only the second person. This second person could be in first place or in 37th place. With regards to number two, my answer was essentially the same, though I did think "i surely hope they don't mean last place since you'd have to be in a mentos commercial or something to overtake last PLACE". But again, nothing about "places".

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    I got the last two correct, but I got the first two wrong...my answer to the first was "indeterminable" as it says nothing about the second place person, only the second person. This second person could be in first place or in 37th place. With regards to number two, my answer was essentially the same, though I did think "i surely hope they don't mean last place since you'd have to be in a mentos commercial or something to overtake last PLACE". But again, nothing about "places".
    Just suck it up and admit to getting them wrong. Don't start whining with your excuses......

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    You know everytime I do these damn questions I think to myself......why am I going to college?

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    I flunked on the last 3! Fuck! Good shit Pheedno

palme is offline Rosie Member
    God Damnit Kenny!

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I missed number 4. Still trying to figure out were I went wrong on that one. Ha

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Sorry I ment to say 3 not 4.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    actually - you CAN overtake the person in last place, presuming that previously you were not in the race - ie, were someone to be in last place in an ongoing marathon and you were to then enter and begin running (puting you in last place upon entering), once overtaking his position that would make you second to last. - the others were fairly simple

Damnet! I used Big Green's logic on the first two and got fucked over! The rest I got right.... good quiz Pheedno.

HP

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    actually - you CAN overtake the person in last place, presuming that previously you were not in the race - ie, were someone to be in last place in an ongoing marathon and you were to then enter and begin running (puting you in last place upon entering), once overtaking his position that would make you second to last. - the others were fairly simple

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

pheedno - you need to get some from mensa to get one over on me

funny, way back when a kid in my hs got a 1590 on the SAT, he then proceeded to write them and explain why the question he got tagged for was incorrect! believe it or not, he won his case an a perfect score was instated - I on the other hand, got substantially less and couldnt blame it on the questions (tho still enough for nat merit scholar)

nj juice is offline Member
    i got #'s 3, and 4 correct.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Hahahha, NICE, i got 1,2,4 correct, stupid "last" person I passed, hahahaha!!

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    NICE TRY THERE BUDDY!!! That's just your way of saying you got it wrong

someday is offline Member
    I added that up 4 times in my head and still got it wrong....f-that. Oh yah....what if you lap someone?

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Certain psychometricians are fond of pointing out that at the most upper echelons of intelligence and creative thought, such tests are invalid as, to be valid, such tests must be created by individuals more intelligent than the takers to be truly valid. I'll put it on the table that this is the reason why numbers one and two threw me for a loop.

Anabolicboy is offline New Member
    lol, I missed #'s 2 and 3. Good one.

csal is offline New Member
    I'm in the same boat as Big Green.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Certain psychometricians are fond of pointing out that at the most upper echelons of intelligence and creative thought, such tests are invalid as, to be valid, such tests must be created by individuals more intelligent than the takers to be truly valid. I'll put it on the table that this is the reason why numbers one and two threw me for a loop.
    There is something to that - thats why on many tests you will see "choose the answer that seems MOST correct'

and Terinox - how can I be wrong on a question that has two answers

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Hmm if we ran at a track and i was #1 and cycleon was #10 (last) and i overtook him...wouldnt that be valid as overtaking the person last?

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I guess accountants are smart...I got them all. Then again I have done so damn many standardized tests I have an eye for the red herring.

manijak is offline Associate Member
    ehheheheheheheh I'm so dumb I didn't get a single one......it even took me about 10 minutes to figure out the math part...hehehehehhe brain-death..

Quote Originally Posted by manijak
    ehheheheheheheh I'm so dumb I didn't get a single one......it even took me about 10 minutes to figure out the math part...hehehehehhe brain-death..
    I'm wondering if all that weed has anything to do with it

manijak is offline Associate Member
    hehehhee no terinox dude.....I'm proud to announce I've been clean af any mind-altering drug (excep the little salvia trip last night) for almost 6 weeks now ....I'm just not used to myself being straight....after all I spent most of the last 8 years of my life stoned ....This sobriety must be afecting me in a baaad way.... :0

Thread Information