Catamount is offline Associate Member

If you could live anywhere?

So here's the deal. This summer I've saved every paycheck and was going to use the money to buy a new car. The other week I decided that since next summer is going to be my last summer before I enter the real world I'd like to do something different. I've always wanted to move somewhere and do nothing but train and sleep on the beach far away from here. Now I just have to start finding an area I would like to go. I'd love to hear any ideas that you guys would have. Keep in mind that I'm interested in being by the water or somewhere very foreign. So far I've thought of these:

Santa Monica
    San Diego
    Hawaii
    Miami
    Capri, Italy
    Spain
    Austria

Where have you guys always wanted to live? And if you have something bad to say about what I listed let me know why.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Australia

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I lived in Hawaii for several years... cool place to visit but too small to live IMO. Lots of people get "island fever" cuz when it comes down to it... you live on a rock in the Pacific... not a lot of opportunitiy and what not. Beautiful though - and weather is perfect - great place for a motorcycle.

I like traveling to other countries as much as the next guy - but I would never give up my US citizenship... you would have to pry it out of my cold, dead hand...

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    Yeah keep in mind that I would only be living wherever for 3 months. Is that still too long for Hawaii?

Quote Originally Posted by Catamount
    Yeah keep in mind that I would only be living wherever for 3 months. Is that still too long for Hawaii?
    Naaa brah - 3 months is good... you'd have fun there. I thought you meant to live... for awhile. If you can't pass for polynesian, samoan or portugese then go to Oahu - lots of gringos there.

If you go to Oahu, stop by Moose's, in Honolulu toward Waikiki or Gussie Lamours, on Kam Hwy... good night spots. And when surf is up on the North Shore - the waves are huge. If you know how to surf - you'll like it there. If you don't - learn before jumpin' into big breaks and new spots where there could be rocks and shit... new folks get seriously hurt quite often on da kine...

Personally, I haven't seen South America and I would really like a chance to check out Brazil.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Go to Thailand! You can live on the beach for less than $10 a day including food!

Make sure you stock up on anabol before you come back!!

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I had a friend spend a summer on one of the Samoan islands...rugby all morning on the beach, relaxing all afternoon, major beach parties at night. He said there were a lot of English people who would spend the summers there in the 18-30 age range, so in addition to being exotic, there were enough "westerners" to make you feel at home when necessary...not to mention the age group lended itself well to a spring break type of party feel as well.

Hit Australia, you could probably travel there on a student/work/travel visa. They got this real cool visa that allows students under a certain age (27 I think) to work at odd jobs while they visit... up to 6 months I think. Very usefull to laze on the beaches, stay in the hostels and make a few bucks here and there at odd jobs so your trip pays itself.

One of my buddies went for 1 month on that visa, ended up staying 6.

Red

dickdonuts is offline New Member
    I lived in Hawaii (Oahu) for 4 years. It was great but I do agree about the "island fever" thing. It's incredibly beautiful, though and some of the women are smokin'. Then there's the plus- sized ones in mumu's. "shudder" And if you go, do stop at Moose's like Warrior said. nice place and I hooked up there on New Years. Wherever you go it sounds like it'll be better than UPSTATE NY. sux here, ya know!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Australia is great...I made several trips there in the military...about a 4 to 1 girl/guy ratio so it is easy pickins'. Capri is alright....lots of Frogs and Germans during the tourist season. Hawaii is like being in a tropical Japan..except all the Marines are drunk on the beach and not raping 10 year olds..Jsut do not ask locals for directions, you will be sent all over the island! Warrior is right about "Island Fever"...after 6 months I was ready to get out of there! 3 months is perfect. San Diego is good for 'gear runs" to Baja, but that is about it. Spain is one o fth best places I have had the opportunity to go! The women are beautiful, money goes along way too. You have some good choices, just have fun and stay safe no matter where you.
    Last edited by BamaSlamma; 08-20-2003 at 12:51 AM.

Thread Information