• 1 Post By s1nc1ty
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By Cuz
  • 2 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >

Thread: How did divorce or a break up affect your training/physique

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer

How did divorce or a break up affect your training/physique

For those of you divorced or those who've ended long term relationships, how did it affect your training, diet, and overall health.

My personal experience after 2 divorces is I get fat and depressed for 6 months then somehow find montivation and spend a year or two undoing the 6 months of being on the couch drinking and eating cookie dough.

Curious to see how others have dealt with it.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    For those of you divorced or those who've ended long term relationships, how did it affect your training, diet, and overall health.

My personal experience after 2 divorces is I get fat and depressed for 6 months then somehow find montivation and spend a year or two undoing the 6 months of being on the couch drinking and eating cookie dough.

Dont worry it gets easier after the 3rd time. LOL

Just take it day by day. There are good days where the anger/frustration gives you more energy and days that dont for now. Get your mojo back and you will be back into the swing in no time.

Remember the old true blue saying. the best way to get over a woman is to get on top of another one. Find a way to go have some fun. Take a vacation, do something but get off the couch. Its been long enough.
    Cylon357, Testie and XnavyHMCS like this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I have had this many times in my life.I always hit the gym and went fishing.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    After a breakup, I'd go to the gym and train even harder, play more guitar, work on my car more, try to restore a gun (try being the key word), spend more time doing work. Whatever I could to take my mind off of it.

When you're sitting by yourself and your mind isn't occupied, that's when you dwell more on things. So the best way to heal is to avoid dwelling.
    Testie likes this.

wellshii is offline Member
    Was married for 10 years. Now I have more time to work out . But regardless I always worked out for me.
    And always will.

Karlanthen is offline New Member
    This is a sore subject for me. But I will share with you how I exposed my wife and caught her in a lie. We always used to play sports together, we went to the same gym. Then for some reason she said that she found another gym and wants to go to it with her friend. I didn't see anything wrong with that and said let her go. But then I started noticing that she disappeared after her workouts. I decided to install a cell phone tracking app, so I found out that she wasn't going to the gym but was cheating on me... So now I pay more attention to the little things and appreciate apps like phone tracking. I recently found an article about 5 Cell Phone Tracker Apps To Use In 2023. You can check it out if you're interested.
    Last edited by Karlanthen; 02-23-2023 at 10:24 AM.

XnavyHMCS is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlanthen View Post
    This is a sore subject for me. But I will share with you how I exposed my wife and caught her in a lie. We always used to play sports together, we went to the same gym. Then for some reason she said that she found another gym and wants to go to it with her friend. I didn't see anything wrong with that and said let her go. But then I started noticing that she disappeared after her workouts. I decided to install a cell phone tracking app, so I found out that she wasn't going to the gym but was cheating on me... So now I pay more attention to the little things and appreciate apps like phone tracking. I recently found an article about 5 Cell Phone Tracker Apps To Use In 2023. You can check it out if you're interested.
    Yeah...
    That, or he is a sales rep for the company...
    Testie, lovbyts and Cuz like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    Yeah...
    That, or he is a sales rep for the company...
    Pretty obvious its a bullshit story too. And yeah, once again… on a steroid forum. Troll life
    XnavyHMCS, Testie and lovbyts like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlanthen View Post
    Yeah, I call bullshit on this story.
    lovbyts likes this.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    I started smoking weed and drinking every day wich escalated into ecstasy pills,lsd and in tthe end hardcore amphetamine addiction wich landed me in jail for over 4 years. Finished high school in jail and worked out alot and now im out im sober and better then ever and working to advance my life in all aspects (financially, physically etc) but ive ruined my reputuation in the eyes of many people and will forerever have a mark on me as an ex con, drug addict and criminal. This sucks but what you gonna do. You cant change what was so i focus on myself and the positive and fuck everything else
    Last edited by s1nc1ty; 05-13-2023 at 02:12 AM.
    scotty51312 likes this.

Cornish is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post

Haha! Shit brother, I'm about to find out. Just ended a 3 year relationship. I'm thinking it's gonna be a good thing for me.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    After being married this long - it’s hitting me a bit hard at the moment. I feel fat af - I’m about 15-20 pounds fatter than where I like being - but, that “what’s the point” feeling just creeping up + turned down my juice so much for the same reason
    Cuz likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    After being married this long - it’s hitting me a bit hard at the moment. I feel fat af - I’m about 15-20 pounds fatter than where I like being - but, that “what’s the point” feeling just creeping up + turned down my juice so much for the same reason
    Yep same shit pile im in
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Life is a rollercoaster of emotions brothers .Nothing more to do then fasten the seatbelt and hope the cart doesnt fly completely off the rails lol. The ups and dowbs are normal just important not to let yourself sink too deep or get stuck in the down period forever.

Blog Entries
    Not to mention the health train

Seriously, pumping an ass ton of roids isn’t exactly good for any of our organs

I got this tren & mast just looking at me - but, I’m like - what’s the point

I’m still “just” on test & Var - even dropped the Deca for now since my joints seem ok

I’m still “just” on test & Var - even dropped the Deca for now since my joints seem ok
    I used to swear that deca helped my joints. Then when I stopped taking it, I didn't notice anything different.

But yeah priorities seem to change once you're settled in a relationship and a bit older.
    < <Samson> > and Cornish like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I used to swear that deca helped my joints. Then when I stopped taking it, I didn't notice anything different.

But yeah priorities seem to change once you're settled in a relationship and a bit older.
    The priorities do change , agreed. Whether or not the person is happy or not can effect the priorities chosen.

Maybe you should try something new like combat sports, boxing or something. Lift weights twice a week full body or something and start boxing twice a week for example, its a great workout and cardio intensive wich is good for health also.And stop the var do just what the doc prescribes . You will keep enough size on just trt to still be strong guy and as your fighting skills increase maybe you found a new, cooler and more healthy hobby
    Last edited by s1nc1ty; 05-25-2023 at 10:28 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by s1nc1ty View Post
    Maybe you should try something new like combat sports, boxing or something. Lift weights twice a week full body or something and start boxing twice a week for example, its a great workout and cardio intensive wich is good for health also.And stop the var do just what the doc prescribes . You will keep enough size on just trt to still be strong guy and as your fighting skills increase maybe you found a new, cooler and more healthy hobby
    Contact sports aren’t high on my list of things to do - since the glue in my head is what keeps me alive - never were though. But, at a point I did whale on a bag for 15-20 mins at a time to replace my cardio - shit worked great until my wrists started to ache & this was in my mid 20’s

Kinda same shit here with the deca - I stopped using it & still have no additional joint pains. Im thinking it’s mostly necessary when they do come back - and, its not needed year round
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Thread Information