RageControl is offline Senior Member

Angry Damn loose weights at the gym !

My gym is really starting to piss me off today some clown broke the 80 pound dumbell i was waiting for because the set screws where loose and he had to drop it like he was dorian or something. I dunno if you guys get this too but my old gym they had people tighten all the weights everyday because these morons dont understand when they drop those huge 55 pound dumbells there using they loosen the set screws. Sorry for the rant but i hate clangy loose dumbells its unsafe and annoying! God am i pissed off. Half the time i can tighten them myself by spinning them but not all the time anyone know what size key they take so i can bring my own?

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    dont worry bro I hate that shit too its always some 15 or 16yr old that think they can beat ronie in a pose off and think they can lift just as much

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    That gets me mad Az FuK!! Same deal at my gym. I got so pissed i brought my own hex keys to tighten them all up.

SilverSiR is offline Junior Member
    What I do is put the dumb bell on its side, put my feet on the bottom weights, push the hex screw down with my finger and spin the top weight so it is secure. Obviously it is not the best method but it cures the clankyness, and I know im safe for that one set.

BostonBobby is offline Associate Member
    I think it happens in everyones gym.. It sucks.. It's even worse when you brake the weight.. I've done it like twice.. It's embarassing and agravating

TANK01 is offline Associate Member
    I suppose I'm really lucky. In my gym the standard weights have a welded collar, you couldn't break them if you tried !

TANK

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    nut to yall. i drop the 80 pounders cuz it hurts my damn wrists to lower them slowly. at my gym, the weights are covered in rubber and there are no screws, so its no big deal...

-- cb

p.s. jesus christ, who is that chick in your avatar, bostonbobby?

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    know what your saying bro dropping a 55 just to look big is ridiculous now if its a 120 i could see that. Someone should def tighten them every day. I wanna see some dick hole lifft it when its loss and watch the plates smash his teeth

LittleNate is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big daddy k de
    know what your saying bro dropping a 55 just to look big is ridiculous now if its a 120 i could see that. Someone should def tighten them every day. I wanna see some dick hole lifft it when its loss and watch the plates smash his teeth
    same thing in my gym. Im alway afraid the plate is gonna slip off and fall on my face.

Thread Information