partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

UltimateFightingChampionship:best of 2001

anyone watch it on payperview tonight?they just released the Pancrese Tour on DVD.that's gonna be the shit to check out.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    I hear Ken Shamrock still fights in the pancrese, and Bart Vale,
    One of few guy's to beat kenny.

Looking forward to that!

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Pboy tell me you don't pay per view. You descramble per view, right?

haha

PPP i can't divuldge that info,haha

yeah frank and kenny fight in pancrese.i'm not down w/ the UFC but i watch it.i'm into pride fighting and pancrese.the fighter in the UFC are ok, but the best fighters in the world fight in Pride and Pancrese.

i'm into Vaderlei Silva and Vitor Belfort.they are my favorite fighters.i use to be into the Lion's Den guys.still think they are good.

Vitor Kicked some serios ass in the ufc also!

he's a great fighter and ripped too!

hell yeah

Vitoe is the fucking man.yo have you seen this dude Bob"silverback" Saap fight?i haven't but i heard he's fuckign 6'5" 400lbs solid and ripped!!like full out abs ripped and evrything at 400lbs of solid muscle.i want to see what this big fuck looks like

Maybe i'ts Kovacks in disguise?

I find the best fighters (grapplers) are in the 200-245lb arena!

Any heavier and they can't seem to go the distance, you know
    what I meen?

But how about the Gracie's 180lbs f**k their slippery little
    bastards aren't they, and patient, waiting for the right moment to strike!

Do you ever do any fighting or just a fan of violence like me?

nah

i did a little muay thai kickboxing a few yrs ago.i would get back into it but i don't have the time anymore.i just did it for fun.mainly i'm just a fan of the sport.i want to start kickboxing again though but just training, not competing.

Dome is offline Junior Member
    Bart Vale is an animal

Any Gracie's would take anyone...

What about Kimo? he rocked Gracie's world before!

I think the only reason he lost to Gracie was because his hair was to long? He was killing Gracie until Gracie grabbed hold of his
    pony tail, which kept him from manuvering around and delivering
    some more serios blows. But he still prevented Gracie from going on to the next round.

I wouldn't want to piss any of them off though! and I'm 6'1" at
    255lbs

Dome is offline Junior Member
    9 out of 10 fights end up on the floor,and whos the best on the floor? Gracie..... so 9 out of 10 fights Gracie will win if not 10.

I've seen all of the videos.

Sorry guys, but after the first 10 or 12 UFC's, the whole concept just kinda got played out IMO. I mean, everytime you look on the dish, there is always some kind of full contact, never before seen, blah, blah, blah, Ultamite something rip off on. The first few were very cool, I admit. WHEN IT WAS NEW! But now? I dunno, I guess it was all of the constant 10 seconds on your feet and 10 minutes on the mat that turned me off.

But hey what do I know, you've seen what type of sports entertainment I prefer just by looking at my avatar, and even that's starting to suck lately. Again JMO.

XsinshineX is offline Junior Member
    I think Sak is a great fighter in the pride arena. I loved it when he made the gracies throw in the towel. I'm wanting to see Tito and Vitor hook it up. I think that'll be a good match.

Sakuraba put an end to all of the gracies!!i love it

did you see when he broke Renzo Gracie's arm.that was great.

wanna_c_gains is offline Associate Member
    If your reading these posts, this would be a good link for you to check out http://www.sherdog.com

Scorpion is offline Junior Member
    Pride is a great organization. UFC's last card was really good. Sakuraba is something else, but Vanderlei Silva handed his ass to him twice now and word is that he wants a third rematch
    Vanderlei's Chute Boxe team is tearing up the Pride events. Can't wait to see Belfort vs. Ortiz next year!

BTW, Don't count out the Gracies

XsinshineX is offline Junior Member
    That's the funny thing with fighters in NHB. Take Sak for instance, he is so unorthox that it keeps fighters from getting off against him. In my opinion the only reason Vanderlei is soo effective is because he is a counter striker mainly. He waits for mistakes and finishes. I believe that he is the only fighter that actually keeps Sak from getting started.

You never know who will take who these days becuase it's varies with each fighter not records. like Sak he beat Vitor( i know he broke his hand), but Vanderlei beat Sak and could not beat Vitor. This happens all the time in MMA.

Just my two cents

thats' why i love the sport

you have to have your A game everytime out and even then anyone can beat anyone on a given night.it's cool that there are some guys on here who follow it too.i wish i could get Pride here.i have Indemand PPV so i can't get it.i have to follow it in mags and online and just wait for the DVDs to hit the store or internet.sucks but i love it anyway.looking forward to the UFC on Jan 11th.i'm gonna go to a small NHB event in January to check it out in South Plainfiled, NJ.i missed the UFC when it was in Atlantic City and the Meadowlands this spring/summer both times because i had to be away!!have any of you guys been to a big event in person?i really want to hit up a UFC event when they are back in AC or the Meadowlands.

Scorpion is offline Junior Member
    For UFC you have to get really good seats because it's kind of hard to see with the cage. Pride shows though must be awesome with the big ring. Plus the Japanese crowd reallygets into the shows. Kinda the way US fans get into WWF (which I'll never understand). Pride will be on Indemand soon and may have a U.S. show in 2002! Word is that they're trying to get pro-wrestlers to participate in some capacity to pump up interest for the show.

I think if Vitor fought Vanderlei again, it'd be a whole different story. He's just a different fighter now - he's on the next level. I'm a fan of alot of the Brazilian fighters though and Sak too. The level of competition is at it's highest now too. It seems that anybody can take anybody at any given day now. It'll be interesting to see who rises to the top next year.

Thread Information