Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bermich is offline Anabolic Member

It seems like everyone on here HATES their job.

Ha Ha.... :d

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I love my job. Not gonna reveal what it is though.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    I love my job. Not gonna reveal what it is though.
    I love mine too. It's actually my dream job.

solidj55 is offline Member
    I like my job a good 85% of the time. The politics, unneeded bullshit, and stress of it get to me the other 15% of the time and I hate it. Now that 15% is going to be in any job that you have so I just accept it as that. So basically the only thing I would change about it is the pay range, myself and fellow co-workers are very underpaid for what we do, the risk, dangers, long hours, etc. just dont seem to mesh with the little amount of money we get paid.

It's interesting how you take a job for granted when you actually have one... like a month ago I was thinkin "fuck this job I'm gonna quit, this shits a fucking waste of my time!".... but now that I've been fired, and have remained unemployed for over a month, I'm wondering what the fuck was wrong with me.

HP

All these people complaining about no work and they cant find a job... BULLSHIT
    Its almost impossible NOT to find a job. (at least in the majority of places. Places like Kansas and such I can see having job shortages)
    But really. Go to a temp agency. They can hook you up with a job.
    I must have been on an I HATE MY JOB thread then cause over the past week Ive seen a lot of posts saying how they hate their job.
    Im gonna delete this lame ass thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Huge Presser
    It's interesting how you take a job for granted when you actually have one... like a month ago I was thinkin "fuck this job I'm gonna quit, this shits a fucking waste of my time!".... but now that I've been fired, and have remained unemployed for over a month, I'm wondering what the fuck was wrong with me.

HP
    This is a real true statement bro, I think of all the unemployed people(that actually try and want to work, not the system abusing scum)that cant find work and wonder why it is I am so selfish. I even sometimes get mad when I see people win the lottery or sign big dollar contracts, etc because I think of how unfair it is that I dont get paid more, but at those times I dont take into consideration the people living on the streets starving. I guess thats just human nature...

zmatalucci is offline Associate Member
    I love mine,,show up when I want ,, leave when I want,, ahhhhh!!!

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Mine isn't bad...

nj juice is offline Member
    Mine truly sucks. I work in construction as a cement mason. If anybody on here knows of or does my work then you know how bad it sucks. There's also not a lot of work around so i tend to sit home half the time. The only good thing about the job is the pay.......

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    It's not that i don't like my job. I just don't like working!

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    i have the best job in the world. i don't have to go to work and i get paid regardless. longest elapsed time between visits to the office: over a month...

one time at a party, i heard them bitching about someone else my age (a lab assistant or something). they said he doesn't show up on time, leaves early, doesn't clean the lab equipment good enough, etc. i was like, oh shit, what do yall think about >me< then? and they were like, its different, you're a >skilled< worker... :flex:

-- cb

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I have easily solved this problem by not working. The plan was to start in September, but I am becoming increasingly displeased with the prospects of doing so and may just take the year off. Well, i do personal train 12 hours a week, so I guess I'm not technically unemployed.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I love my job. I often wonder why they keep me around! I could not be blasted out of here with TNT!

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    I hate my job and can't wait for the end of August to come. Interning sucks because you get all the shit jobs that no one wants. Thats why all the money I've saved this summer is going to be used to move out to Cali or Hawaii next summer and do nothing but lift and go to the beach that way I won't have to do this again.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    My job is kind of boring but pays well. But the thing I like most about it is every single person I work with is cool, no politicking and back stabbing.

Personally I love my job and its the best job in the world. I get paid to eat, workout, sleep, LOL.....sleep, I really don't know of any other job that pays you to sleep.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I like my job - it gets a bit dangerous at times... and down right boring at others, but I enjoy it. And I am saving money to get my ass back for more school someday.

But the job market does suck - if you don't have a college degree you can't make sheeeit... it's not WHAT you know - it's WHO you know.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    My job sucks....stressfull, long hours, politics, major backstabbing, terrible manager, etc, etc. Did I mention low pay?

Strut99GT is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    I have easily solved this problem by not working. The plan was to start in September, but I am becoming increasingly displeased with the prospects of doing so and may just take the year off. Well, i do personal train 12 hours a week, so I guess I'm not technically unemployed.
    I wish I could be in your position, haha.

I like my job and the people I work with. Given the economy and my situation, I'm in a "fair" scenario. Once the market gets better, though, it'll be interesting to see what happens around here.

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    All these people complaining about no work and they cant find a job... BULLSHIT
    Its almost impossible NOT to find a job. (at least in the majority of places. Places like Kansas and such I can see having job shortages)
    But really. Go to a temp agency. They can hook you up with a job.
    I must have been on an I HATE MY JOB thread then cause over the past week Ive seen a lot of posts saying how they hate their job.
    Im gonna delete this lame ass thread.
    I totally disagree with this statement. There are very educated, hard working people out there that cant find ''good'' jobs. Sure you can go to a temp agency and get hooked up with a job, getting paid minimum wage or a few dollars per hour over that. But who can live like that without some sort of financial help from the goverment or somewhere else. Like I said I am not feeling sorry for those lazy society draining slugs that we have claiming they cant find work blah blah blah that use the system, sell drugs, etc etc. I am speaking of those that paid their dues, went to school, try hard, and still cant earn a decent living or for that matter cant even get a job due to being over qualified. I have seen this happen with family and friends so I know it is a reality.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Right on solidj55. Like I said before, today, it's not WHAT you know - it's WHO you know.

But one promissing fact is that in the next 20 years there are like 40 billion baby boomers expected to retire (Readers Digest last moneth). Which will open up the US job market and give generation X and our successors a fighting chance at decent employment.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Damn you Warrior... you keep making me wonder what it is that you do!!! Don't make me have to put you in a head lock to find out.

Its not WHO YOU KNOW. Its ALL about WHO KNOWS YOU....

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Hell, love my job. 6 figure salary and all I do all day is post on this board!!!! Life doesn't get any better!!!

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    where do all you guys work. i need to get out of what i'm doing. I only wish for the 6 figures.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    about 3 people have actually posted what their job is.....

I am a deputy sheriff in my home county. I work in the jail the majority of the time performing the duties of a correctional officer. The rest of the time I spend serving cival papers and doing inmate transports to the DOC once they are sentenced, to and from the doctors office, etc, etc...

I own and run two business's that pertain to construction. Remodels and such. Almost up to six digits. Averages out to be about 100 dollars an hour.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Hey bermich do you run any gov. contracts? cause thats where the money is.

zmatalucci is offline Associate Member
    I make grave markers...

Im actually an operator/dispatcher. I also work in network control so I sit here all night in front of a comp. and type to you guys 8)

No. I avoid GOVT contracts like I would avoid the plague. Nothing but DRAMA and hard achel over government jobs. TOOOOOO MANY inspectors. TOO many hassels. I get in too many fights with government contractors and inspectors. For instance: A school job I was on had an inspector. OMG. A simple job gone to HELL the second he showed up. He must have felt he had no authority cause I was running the show. He didnt like it so he decided to look up in a manual some code that I was not doing right. ALL I could do was just stand there and watch him reroute my authority. He made that SATURDAY hell for me. I could go on forever about things like that.
    True. Govt jobs are good money because you can triple your bid and they think it is a good price.
    BUT. You get paid when the job is done, and for a govt job, it is never done. NEVER DONE....
    I like residencial jobs where everyone is laid back and I can be home by 11 am watching cartoons and eating cereal.

Most contracts can be set up to be paid up front... cost of materials 8) and shit have your workers do it or do you do it by yourself?

Also heres what you do..... find out who the CE inspectors are and get friendly with them before bidding like 6 mnths before.. youll find most of them out at bars cause there young kids. Then find out who is on the contracting board and join up with their golf course cause you know there all old bastards. then when you bid on the contract doesnt matter if your lowest bidder youll get some favoritsm and then when they come inspect your jobsite just be all "hey same place for drinks tonight?" *)

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    Mechanic in the USMC. Pay is avg. But I love my job.

I am already friends with the son of one of the biggest construction co. in So CA. His dad is retiring this year and guess what? His son will be taking over. And guess what? I am already in baby. Known the kid since I was in jr high.
    Inspectors can all kiss my ass. ALL OF EM.
    They always have something to complain about. Their pay, their wives, the heat, the workers on the job site they inspect, the new codes, etc... I dont wanna be friends with them.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm actuallly a NARK......JK, IT DIRECTOR

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    yeah....i work on cars.

nj juice is offline Member
    I was on a jobsite one time where the inspector was being such a pain in the ass to the general contractor that he literally said " f this" and proceeded to beat the shit out of the inspector.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information