Thread: Kazaa...Safe?

tolinka is offline Senior Member

Kazaa...Safe?

Any one using Kazaa this days anymore? I removed it from my computer, but I want to download some movies now...Im scared.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I use it. No problems here.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    I used to use Kazaa all the time myself........after like a year or so....my computer wouldn't get out of safe mode........Brought it in......I had over 100 viruses on my computer..........i dont know if ALL of them were caused by kazaa.......but the guy what like "OMG......how much music do u download?!?!?!"..............i have not even thought about putting Kazaa on my computer again.........butttttt.....then again........i know many people who use it and never had a problem.....

redrock is offline Member
    Make sure you download Kazaa lite. Run ad-aware anyways, and virus scan the folder with all your downloads, you should be kool and the gang...

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    The internet is useless without file sharing programs imo. I run Kazaa all the time.

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Im paranoid about the RIAA...I dont want them to hunt my ass.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I have over 700 songs and movies which I am deleting again takes to much room but I have had no problems I get those pop up instant messages every once and a while but thats it I just send one back telling them to blow me

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tolinka
    Im paranoid about the RIAA...I dont want them to hunt my ass.

Im not really that scared. Sony and Korn even tried to sue me a yr and a half ago-(really pissed me off...i owned the copyrights, and saw them live 3 times ). Nothing ended up happening.

But i have to say i was scared shitless when i was getting interogated by the city police chief when i didnt know why i was there. I was thinking i was fucked for having some AAS and K at that time .... Anyways, he finally went on to ask "have you heard about piracy lately?"-That was a relief to say the least

And i have used Kazaa ever since w/ no probs. Ive been meaning to get k-lite, but have never gotten around to it(lazy)

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Was reading USA Today about a week or so ago and they mentioned the list with the people's names on it who were / are subpoenaed. Of course you'd have to pay to view it I believe or be a member of their site. Forget where it was located though.

As for movies and such, you should be fine. It's the music they are tracking more nowdays.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Just run a virus before you try to use any of the songs or programs. Make a new folder and scan the folder periodically

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    KaZaa lite is safe. I use it now, and theres an option in the menu that not only blocks RIAA I.P addresses but also makes it so they can't see your files... so basically to the RIAA it says everyone only has one song (the one they searched for.) They can shove that one up their asses in my opinion.

And I still think their pussy-ass lawyers should go punch for punch with the thousands of "pirates" (music fans) that they're suing. It'd be much more entertaining.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    ive heard they are only looking for people with huge amounts of files, like over 10000 or something like that......

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    They nailed at least one person with as few as 5 files... just to make a fucking example of it. Read it in an article a couple weeks ago.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I think all us Canadians are safe for now. Rape it while we can bros!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Shit they are really taking it serius with stopping people from downloading files!?
    We got a new law about it here to but i can tell you no one över here take it seriusly. I see it as a right to download music if i want to.

Don't fuck with Kazaa...

Use K-Lite (Aka Kazaa Lite). It's a million percent safer, and you can even turn off the "List other files from this user" feature. Other people can still download from you, they just cannot see all your files.

Red

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    I used Kazaa and Grokster and they fucked up my computer at home. I still can't figure out how to permanently delete the Kazaa software.

I'll have to look into K-Lite. Good thread.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    bump.....i use k-lite

www.k-lite.com

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Like everybody else sez... run ad-aware and then isntall kazaa lite. Oh, the guys they really go after are the ones running supernodes, so make sure supernode function is turned off.

I think the binary newsgroups are probably safer than any peer 3 peer stuff. YMMV. Best and safest way to get movies is to swap with other people and rip them to VCD with Super DVD Ripper. Swap and rip. The way to go!

Thread Information