Thread: Muscle Memory?

brad13kpu is offline Junior Member

Muscle Memory?

I was curious how this works and if it is in play for me. I started working out again after 8 months off about 5 days ago and I am already noticeably bigger. I'm talking went from muscularly flat (if you know what I mean) to being defined and having a pronounced V again. One of the guys that works for me even asked if I had taken steroids . I laughed and told him no and even if I had they would not be having any real effect yet. I am 28 6' 205lbs and I would guess around 9 -10% BF. I took the 8 months off because I own a landscaping company and working 14 -16 hrs a day 7 days a week in the hot southern sun leaves me entirely to tired to go to the gym. Also, considering my work schedule and the fact that I work like I'm in some type of competition, I was still getting a large amount of exercise just nothing specific to body building. I'm interested in any thoughts ya'll may have on the subject.
    Thanx
    Brad

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Muscle memory is real. I take frequent breaks in lifting. Sometimes stopping everything from 2-4 weeks at a time and have insane anabolic sensivity when i begin lifting again. Nothing new and your body will actually appreciate the time off from time to time. Something ive been doing for the past 1 1/2 years and dont plan to stop. Ronnie rowland calls this deload if i remember correctly which is an important step in his training technique.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    It's def real

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    muscle memory actually refers to motor learning. What most likely is happening to you in the 5 days you are back is that your muscles are filling back up with glycogen. Your muscles never went away, the cells just shrank a little. Both kinds of muscle memory are very real.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    My muscles remember when i was born.

Twin is offline Associate Member
    muscle memory is real for natty people. experienced it myself when i took 2 weeks off of training and off of diet because of finals week in college.
    i remember doing like 50 lb dumbbell press. then in 2 weeks i was back to my normal weight , 60 lb dumbbell press at the time. and my other lifts increased rapidly to the normal level...

But i heard that muscle memory doesnt work for gains while on juice....

Thread Information