BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

The Ultimate Journal...where does it go?

I'm giving serious consideration towards keeping a detailed year-long journal of my training as a resource for newer members (and a catapult for in-depth discussion among more veteran members). This next year, I'll be training off and on with an NPC level competitor (not a perennial first place finisher, no pro apsirations, but one of the biggest and most ripped guys I've ever envisioned training with and in my conversations with him, he no doubt knows his stuff) as I prep for my first show next late summer/early fall (we're still not sure which show I'll be entering). We have laid out an overview of our "plan of attack" to bulk up as much as possible and then spend 15 weeks or so leaning out after the fact. There are several distinct phases to the program along with corrolating dietary changes for each phase. While I'll be training with him, it's not going to be a hand-holding experience, so I think this will present an excellent starting point for several interesting discussions. Needless to say, such a detailed journal would also (I hope) serve as a phenomenal resource overall. I would be beginning my "journey" sept 1st so my question is (as I intend to at least start the journal to see if it generates interest) in which forum does it belong?? It will cover a little bit of everything, from workouts, to diets, to aas usage and even a bit of powerlifting style training. Where do i stick something like that??

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    BG, that sounds like a good idea as long as newbies don't need a dictionary in order to read your journal.

Just playing bro, go for it!

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    That would be great! But you may have to put in crayon for idiots like me

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Sounds interasting bro! Good luck to yah!

I think you should but the "diary" in the competitive forum.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    BG, that sounds like a good idea as long as newbies don't need a dictionary in order to read your journal.

Just playing bro, go for it!
    NO, HE IS NOT fucking "playing" ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

He's dead on! I swear, sometimes reading your posts, it feels like I'm reading an essay written by some Professor at Yale. Now, you should take that as a big compliment, however, on THIS board, you could help out by talking more like...well like a stupid dumbass who just BARELY got out of highschool.

Well, you know what I mean Still luv ya lots tho man

I really think those days are over for me though...a lot of my word choices and over all style on the board resulted from the fact that I'd compose an essay and do final papers on the very same PC as I'd do most of my AR posting. Now that I'm a graduate, I hope not to compose any final papers on this computer anymore, so I'm hoping that things will change. It is, you must understand, difficult to go from writing a paper on the paternalistic hegemony in the films of Arnold Schwarzenegger to writing a post on the inclusion of drugs in the cycles of Arnold Schwarzenegger without changing styles. Given as I needed to adopt a scholarly style to graduate, AR lost that battle.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    By "year-long journal of my training" do you mean your workout journal or the entire workout/diet/cycles/etc process? Start the thread wherever you see fit and it can be moved later if it needs to be somewhere else. That kind of journal does not necessarily have to be in the Competitive forum because everyone can benefit from reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by EXCESS
    By "year-long journal of my training" do you mean your workout journal or the entire workout/diet/cycles/etc process?
    I mean the whole deal. I figure I'm embarking on something most members aspire to do, and I'll be doing it with the guidance of an individual who as high a level of success in the sport of bodybuilding as many of us could hope to achieve, all of which should make it an interesting read for all levels. I'll be including notes on workouts, dietary strategies, cycles, etc, etc as they change over the course of the year. Interestingly, he and I disagree on a few things, so this should spark further debate. I envision the ocassional "I did x lbs for y reps for z sets" type thing, but by and large I envision it being more of a "big picture" type thing.

someday is offline Member

Talking

I'd say if you're gonna do it and keep up with it, like a assume you are having taken two evenings of my life to read your cycle journal, i would put it in the members cycle section but up at the top in the threads that dont go away or move down the list....this way its there and easy to access, but we can also get a quick view of the new posts other people have placed.....i mean if you're gonna put that much time into it, might as well have stick out all special like. I'd hook you up, but i just became junior member today and I dont think ill make mod for at least a couple of weeks.

Thread Information