Gmill13 is offline Associate Member

Saugus American Little League

Come on guys lets get a bump for them !
    My home town team tearing it up! Sorry to all AR Texas members, I know there are like a hundred of you. But that game last night was one of the best sporting events i have ever seen.

My town was off the hook last night with bonfires and fireworks.

I had Honorary coach Charlie Bilton for a coach when I played 12 years ago holy shit I am old. In practice this guy would set you up at your position, tell you he was hitting 50 balls to you and every ball you missed and every throw you botched to first or home you had to write 1000 times that night you will not miss a ball at short, or I will not mess up a throw to first. You had the potential to do a lot of writing just after practice. I know I did alot of writing and I only had to throw from second to first. This guy is a local little league legend and I am syked for him. Unfortunatly i feel so bad for all the teams when they lose and cry but atleast there is emotion, Im so sick of watching the Red Sox blow games and care less. These kids are all so intense. BIG UPS TO RICHMOND TEXAS those kids showed so much heart last night. AMAZING GAME TEXAS!

Now we play Boynton Beach FLORIDA FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.
    Come on guys give me a bump!

lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    Im sorry but that kinda shit makes little leauge suck. They are young kids and maybe they win games but is it worth It? This Kind of practice should be saved for at the most highschool. I don't really get into baseball though because it is so finnesse its not like you can hustle to make a play it comes with ability most of the time not heart.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    That was a good game last night but sorry, the last play of the game that kid was out at first...
    I might go there on sunday for the game...

Yeah my Dads going Sunday. Last play was controversial yes, but atleast it wasnt the tieing run. Atleast we gaurenteed another chance. Personally it was a close play but hows the myth go "tie goes to the runner" intense game though.

I agree about that type of coaching being hard on kids. I am happy for the coach but I didnt say I liked playing for him. That type of coaching is what it takes though to get there. What I do realize now though is that little league was the first time I ever had an adult not approach me with respect and yell at me that was not my parent.

Still I am syked. Texas played awesome though I couldnt believe what they did in the 6th.

that type of coaching was also the norm in babe ruth league(the next step up) So fuck it, in the minors there was no grief. Im pumped though oh well.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    SAUGUS. There is a saugus in santa clarita CA. Thought for a second that might be where you lived

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    crap, i didn't know you were from saugus! I have a lot of family in Danvers, and danvers and saugus are not exactly "friends".

BostonBobby is offline Associate Member
    Didn't know you were from Saugus I'm from Revere..

BDTR is offline Retired
    I'm from Allston, our towns should all rumble 50s greaser gang style.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I'm from Allston, our towns should all rumble 50s greaser gang style.
    For some reason, bdtr, I can't imagine you putting up with all the Allston/Brighton kids.

Hey Bobby half of saugus used to be from Revere, My girl lives in Revere, actually lives in Saugus now. I like REVERE BEACHMONT ROAST BEEF, BILLY T's, Kellys (though not lately) and NEW DEAL FRUIT have good subs, always good food in Revere. Ever go to some place on Broadway called Goodfellas? I want to eat there.

Big Green, yeah Saugus and Danvers have goooooood high school hockey games. Peobody is def more of our most hated team. Everythanksgiving they kick our ASSSSSSS.

BDTR I was at some place in Allston Brighton last night, a trendy new bar called TONIC I believe. Not to bad. almost evrything on tap So I like that.

Anyways I cant wait to go to Prince Pizza or Polcaris tonight and watch the game.

Nice to see alot of fellow Bay staters out there, I really had no clue. I figured Big Green was because hey your names Big Green. I thought it was all Texans on this board go figure!

Damn We should all greaser brawl like that movie the wanderers.

Ok there was the Ducky Boys, the Wanderers, the Del Bombers, The Wongs (Chinese), and the Ducky Boys (Irish), and the baldies(British skinhead gang).

How would we name our greaser gangs? if we got local and maybe named ourselves after our highschool sports team my town would be the Sachems, I believe Revere is the Patriots?

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I've been watching the whole thing. A lot of good close games. Sorry Gmill I've been routing for everyone too beat you guys. Nothing personal but I see the way the coach acts toward the kids and he looks like a total jack ass. The drills you mentioned really don't surprise me. I coach little league and I see guys like him everyday. I win just as much as these guys but the kids love playin for me cause I know its still about having fun. I work them hard but I'm still a nice guy.

BTW I've seen a lot of shitty calls. Especially at first base. If it were me I'd be in the umps face the whole game. I hate to see my kids cheated by a ref

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RON
    I've been watching the whole thing. A lot of good close games. Sorry Gmill I've been routing for everyone too beat you guys. Nothing personal but I see the way the coach acts toward the kids and he looks like a total jack ass. The drills you mentioned really don't surprise me. I coach little league and I see guys like him everyday. I win just as much as these guys but the kids love playin for me cause I know its still about having fun. I work them hard but I'm still a nice guy.

BTW I've seen a lot of shitty calls. Especially at first base. If it were me I'd be in the umps face the whole game. I hate to see my kids cheated by a ref
    No offence Gmill you've got some really special kids on that team and they deserve everything they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmill13
    Damn We should all greaser brawl like that movie the wanderers.

How would we name our greaser gangs? if we got local and maybe named ourselves after our highschool sports team my town would be the Sachems, I believe Revere is the Patriots?
    I'd be a Trojan...which should make it easy to figure out my high school for you baystaters...especially if you follow HS football since we're in the 1A superbowl just about every damn year!!

Yeah I love this team man, So what it like coaching I thought about it? It seems very rewarding. The coach I am talking about btw is great. See its one way to act that way and be hard on kids during the reg season. Thats when you get a mix of kids who want to have fun and gets who want to win. Usually in the ALLSTARS though you get tough kids who can take it. The reason those kids are on the allstar game in general is total will an d desire and a competivive edge they sharwe with their coach. I was a little bastard when i played, I always yelled at umpires and i was just a player in a way alot of the kids are just as cut throat as the coach. The allstar team is def alot diff than reg season. Thats awesome you coach though. I really think I might do it this year. My father was pres of Saugus National league (not American which is playing now) ut theres always an opening for me to coach. I would love to do it.

BostonBobby is offline Associate Member
    Yeah Goodfella's is good shit.. Ate there a couple times..

Who is that girl in your avatar Bostonbobby, Hopefully a local?
    damn shes nice, im going to do some goodfellas tonight.

Thread Information