Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator

Post F'ing Savages! Troops find baby in weapons cache

BASRA, Iraq -- British soldiers have saved the life of a baby girl after finding her in a padlocked box in a weapons cache in Basra, the Ministry of Defence said.

Entering a house during a weapons search in the southern Iraqi port city Sunday, Pvt. Damien Kenny, 18, and Pvt. Jonathan Hunt, 21, found a 3-foot-long locked metal box.

When they opened it, they found the baby, barely two days old, wrapped in a blanket and lying among rocket-propelled grenade launchers, AK47s, ammunition, knives and bayonets.

"We were expecting to find weapons hidden in the box," Kenny said. When they saw the baby was no longer breathing, the privates began mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

"We couldn't believe it when we saw it was a baby girl, and we had to try something. ... We thought she would not recover until I felt her squeeze my finger," Kenny said.

The soldiers also found the baby's mother, who identified her daughter.

They are now both being cared for in a hospital, where the baby is said to be "safe and well."

"It is unclear why the child had been placed in the locked container, although it has been established that the baby had been born prematurely," a spokesman at the British command center in Basra said.

It is thought she had been inside the box for at least 10 minutes.

"We followed it up and the mother has actually said that it was the father who put the young child inside the ammunition box," said Lt. Craig Rogers, who commanded the unit that found the baby, The Associated Press reported.
    The father was arrested, Rogers told London radio station LBC.

The baby was found after British soldiers cornered five terror suspects in a house deep inside Basra, the UK Press Association reported.

Four soldiers from the Queen's Lancashire Regiment had chased the armed Iraqi men into the house early Sunday following reports of looting at a water treatment plant.

After forcing entry to the house, they arrested the men and immediately began to sweep the area for any weapons which may have been stashed there by soldiers still loyal to Saddam Hussein's deposed regime.

During the search they first discovered a large white bag containing 1 million Iraqi Dinars before coming across the padlocked metal box containing the baby girl.

The troops named the baby Rose after the red rose of the Lancashire regiment.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...und/index.html

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    mon Dieu! is it any wonder that the US is having to kill people over there?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Crap like that makes me sick! Makes me want to grab my kids and just hold them that much closer.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I dont know how people can do that stuff

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Pigs and Dogs...all of them! Nuke 'em now!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Itīs not like stuff like that only happends in Iraq...

But it is a sad story.

nokia is offline New Member
    1 word propoganda

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by nokia
    1 word propoganda
    doesnt make it any less true

nokia is offline New Member
    tru but still propganda never know might be bending the truth

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Some Americans, I'm afraid, aren't any better . . . here in the Dallas area we've recently had some bus driver (worked for a daycare) forget to take an 8-month old out of the van he was driving. The kid's grandmother came to pick 'em up at 6 pm, and they couldn't find him. Eventually they looked in the van, and yep, he was there . . . only he was dead. Damn busdriver forgot to take him out of the van.

Every now and then there's a story about extreme child abuse in the local news . . . One family kept a little girl locked in a closet for several years, and when she was found, the floor of the closet was coated with human shit and she was near starved.
    Every now and then there's a sick child whose parents won't get him medical treatment, 'cause they beleive "god will heal him." Happened again last week to some little kid suffering from diabetes.
    And then there are the ongoing stories of newborns that turn up in trash dumpsters. Got so bad here in Texas that the legislature passed a law saying that any woman could leave her newborn, up to 1 month old, at any police or firestation and the state would take care of it . . . no questions asked.
    And there's been such a bad record of parents and babysitters shaking crying infants so hard they die from the trauma, that the state gov't has taken to posting billboards all over the state telling people not to shake their kids to death. Crazy.
    No doubt child abuse goes on all over the planet; but I don't think there's any reason to suspect that foreigners are any better or worse than Americans.
    Basically, when it comes to taking care of little kids, we're all fucked up, in every country.
    --Tock

Thread Information