BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

Can nicotine really scew up your workouts or overall results?

I'm just curious because I've been free of the chains of Snuff now for over a year or two and with the crap going on right now I really need something for my nerves (my excuse). Well drinking is out of the question, I'm an alcoholic so drinking is a no-no. I figured I'd buy a can of snuff and have a go at it again. now I'm just worried if it will have a dramatic overall affect on my results or on my workouts. Any thoughts or opinions on this one?

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    Good Question

Bump!!!!

redrock is offline Member
    I've heard(can't remember where) that nicotine actually helps burn fat. They say lots of Europeon bodybuilders do it to help them stay lean. But they smoke, not dip.

I don't really see how it would hinder your gains. Go ahead if you need a way to "cope." RR

Dammit! Not what I was hoping to hear. I can't stand smoke so that's out of the question. I dipped for years though and about 2-3 years ago finally gave it up.... now with what's going on it wouold help my nerves... ok so I'll get all worked up and crave a drink and some snuff and I'd rather give into to snuff than alcohol or junk food.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Honestly, you'd be better off smoking. Dipping can cause some major damage and fast. I don't know about you but i'd rather die of lung cancer in my 60's then have my jaw amputated at 30.

Personally i'd say just get a mild tranquilizer like klonopin or something.

I tried smoking when I was back in school and just couldn't do it. As for the snuff and my gum line, that is what scared me into quitting. I wouldn't mind getting something like that from doc but she won't prescribe me anything like that. I've tried in the past and she just refers me to some yoga guru.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Go clean bro. Stimulants and stress don't go hand in hand.

Strut99GT is offline Member
    Come on BT, you're stronger than that. I know you're going through frustrating times lately, but from seeing your dedication to AS and weightlifting (per members cycle results) I can't believe you would even consider doing something that's so nasty. Hello, yellow teeth! Hello, receding gum line! Hello, bad breath! Hello, nastiness! Chew is just rancid, man.

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    The nicotine from either will cause a rise in metabolism. Plus mutate your cells, cause cardiovascular problems (not good if juicing), and may cause your gains to slow dramatically. Honostly my man just stay away from it, addiction is not something you need right now. I shouldnt talk though im addicted to this damn forum.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Nicotine is bad for you anyway you put it...........if not for the fact that it may screw up your workouts .......at least don't do it for the 3290573475 other reasons it is bad for your health......ughhhhhh.........and ciragettes are the worst...........i don't think you could pay me enough to ever put another ciragette to my mouth again.........i still can't over the fact.......that people pay 7 bucks for a pack out here............now.....thats some crazy people!!!!!!
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

zmatalucci is offline Associate Member
    dont do it !! It's going to be even harder to kick the habit a second time... Get a heavy bag and beat it to submission,,,chew mint gum,,,do something ,,,just no nicotine products. Be strong

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Danielle, I think you're confusing nicotine with cigarettes. The act of smoking has serious health risks associated with it. Nicotine, by itself, when used in moderation is no more harmful than caffeine.

Big T, snuff will f*ck up your lungs bro. You're still getting tons of carcinogens from the tobacco plant. The absolutely safest route is the nicotine gum. Try 4mg and if it's too strong, try 2mg.
    Last edited by MMC78; 08-12-2003 at 06:50 PM.

solidj55 is offline Member
    dont do it, i have been fighting the snuff addiction for years now, i just dont have the mental tuffness to say fuck it i quit. i wish i werent such a sissy and would just do it, it scares me to think about what it is actually doing to me(possible cancer, gum and heart disease, etc)

Ok, guys... I damn near bought a can of Copenhagen yesterday, but I didn't have the money so I didn't get it. No worries because I fell a bit better today and am not going to start it up again. I have called the doctor and she did finally agree to giving me something to calm me down during all this.

Rastus is offline Associate Member
    Nicotine does contract blood vessels and rasies BP. This makes your heart work harder and decreases circulation. And it's a horrible habit to try and break. Don't do it. It'll also save you a ton of money since I believe a can of snuff runs around $5/can!!!!!

And Danielle, I'm a HUGE fan of the avatar!!!!!!!
    PLEEEEEEEASE tell me that's you!!!

Yung Wun is offline Member
    eat a piece of cheese instead!!

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I used copenhagen for a while It wasnt that hard quiting the thing my friend told my about the gums is dont keep it in for over 20 min he has been chewing for a long ass time and teeth seem to do fine it does calm the nerves but it took away my appetite as well too

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    bro, when i quit chewing i went to k-mart and bought this fake chew crap. It tasted and felt like the real thing. Sometimes i will trough some of that in if i get stressed out to prevent me from chewing again.

Thread Information