Thread: About That Eagle Talon...
08-12-2003, 02:32 PM #1
About That Eagle Talon...
Alright, here is some more info that might be important.
Today I found out two things, first of all, the driver side had been painted, the door I believe and some of the side near the bottom and such. HOWEVER, I looked at it all around, during daylight, and you really can NOT tell, so it does not look that bad. However, this probably means there was a small accident (probably two cars scratching their sides together, so they had to repaint it, I don't think it has any real frame damage or nothing like that).
Second thing I found out was it was cheaper then I first though, I told you guys it was $3850 canadian (which is around 2750 us), but it turns out it's actually only $2850, and so, that's like $1750 us, which doesn't seem bad right? Plus, like I said, all the features worked in side the car, and if it does need SOME work, I am willing to pay a bit.
So, still a good buy?
08-12-2003, 02:34 PM #2
Is that the Talon TSI AWD DOHC 2.0 turbo? Whats the year?
08-12-2003, 04:37 PM #3Originally Posted by BIG R
08-12-2003, 05:05 PM #4
An eagle Talon?? Hmmm
Dont they have any cheap honda civics up there??
If you like that type of car, go for it, but if you are just looking for a good deal, stay away from a talon.
08-12-2003, 05:37 PM #5Originally Posted by bermich
08-13-2003, 06:56 PM #6
Ooooh, bad news I just bought the car today. Well, that is my dad got them changed around. I got home from work, Talon was sitting in my drive way with new plates on it.
Here are a couple notes tho;
1. I hate Civic's, and pretty much any other car that there are a LOT of. EVERYWHERE I look, especially on the university campus, everyone has a Civic, it's just overdone, so I don't like them. I used to love Mustangs, but don't that much anymore, for this very same reason.
2. Like I mentioned before, I've really been into Talon's for the past 2 years or so, just never had a chance to own one (hard to find), so I thought it would be worth a shot, not much to lose. In the past 5 years, I have owned 6 different cars (since dad is a dealer). Usually I ended up changing cause the cars had some problems or something. Owned (in order), 84 Jetta, 88 Accord, 90 Cressida, 94 Altima, 97 Saturn SC, and now, 93 Talon.
3. The reason Eagle doesn't make any more cars (from what I heard) was that they just said their popularity was decreasing, and Chrysler (owner of Eagle) decided to concentrate more on their own cars, rather then spend time/money on the Eagle series (this is wut I read). HOWEVER, from what I read from car critics and other reviews, a lot of them said the Eagle series were some of the best cars they ever made (Chrysler). The Talon, the Vision, they were all exceptional cars. Not to mention, the Eagle Talon is the same car as the Mitsubishi Eclipse, from what I heard/read, Mitsubishi made it for Eagle, same frame, same engine, just looks a bit different. And they still make Eclipse's, and they are great cars. So that's not a reason to not own a Talon (just because they don't make them anymore).
4. I still actually have some time, (couple days) to just own the Talon and see how it goes/drives/handles, and if I don't like it, I can probably still change back to the Saturn within 3-4 days, so overall, I think it's a good move. Plus, in the end, only costs $3500 (i believe), and so might even get more for the Saturn (left over).
5. I plan to keep this car for a while, it LOOKS like it's in great shape, everything seems to work, and I AM willing to spend money on it (within the next 3-4 years, etc...)
Anywho, I own the car now, and I'll update you on how it feels/rides
Thanks a lot for all the comments/feedback/suggestions
08-13-2003, 07:18 PM #7
What did edmunds.com say about it?
08-13-2003, 07:20 PM #8
True. They are the same model car.
Better feel than a saturn.
Stay with the Talon.
08-13-2003, 11:21 PM #9
Like I had said earlier my buddy owns a 95 talon that he bought new, and says It still runs and drives great. He kinda babys it but it has went from TX to NC to AZ and back to TX. So I think sometimes some talons are better than others. I mean they are partially man made so they won't all be great cars. Plus I think It depends on the driver. My Uncle has a 1978 Buick Lesabre with over 250000 miles and the only thing he has done to it is obvious routine maint. and a new starter and alt. Still runs like dream. So Good Luck! And congrats.
08-13-2003, 11:32 PM #10
That is a great car and fun to drive. Also has so much potential for more power and speed. Good choice bro.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)