Gmill13 is offline Associate Member

This whole Ted Williams thing..

Is making me sick to my stomach. What a macabre practice that Alcor Life Extension Foundation is. Ted's son should have his head sawed off, drilled and cracked 10 times.

This just makes me ill.

Gmill13

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i'm all for it

Quote Originally Posted by Gmill13
    Is making me sick to my stomach. What a macabre practice that Alcor Life Extension Foundation is. Ted's son should have his head sawed off, drilled and cracked 10 times.

This just makes me ill.

Gmill13
    i have to look into this!!!!!!!!where can i find out about this?!!

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah dude, I have no idea what you are talking about...please fill us in...this shit sounds very interesting!

Gmill13 is offline Associate Member
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/story?id=1594729
    HERES THE URL.

I also heard an interview on WEEI today with someone from SI who said he heard the audio of ALCOR CEO and employees talking about sending Ted to his sons house in a freezer or auctioning Ted Willimas body on EBAY. By law I guess they could too, they own the body.

NEW YORK -- Eight samples of Ted Williams' DNA are missing from the cryonics company where his body is suspended in liquid nitrogen, Sports Illustrated reported.

Williams' head was decapitated by surgeons for the purpose of preserving his body, SI also reported.

The magazine's report, appearing in the issue that hits newsstands Wednesday, is based on internal documents, e-mails, photographs and tape recordings supplied by a former employee of Alcor Life Extension Foundation.

An Alcor director, Carlos Mondragon, told the Arizona Republic in Wednesday's editions that the SI report was based on allegations from a disgruntled employee.

Mondragon said the employee, Larry Johnson, had until last week been the company's chief operating officer.

Mondragon said Johnson did not show up for work Monday but has not tendered his resignation as the magazine reported. However, Johnson did ask for a $500 advance when he picked up his last paycheck, Mondragon said to the paper.

After Williams died July 5, 2002, his body was taken by private jet to the company in Scottsdale, Ariz. There, Williams' body was separated from his head in a procedure called neuroseparation, according to the magazine.

The operation was completed and Williams' head and body were preserved separately. The head is stored in a steel can filled with liquid nitrogen. It has been shaved, drilled with holes and accidentally cracked 10 times, the magazine said. Williams' body stands upright in a 9-foot tall cylindrical steel tank, also filled with liquid nitrogen.

Mondragon countered the SI report by telling the Republic that during the freezing process, microscopic cracking of the head does occur, but it is not visible to the naked eye.

The procedure, approved by Williams' son, John Henry, and daughter, Claudia, carries a $136,000 bill. Alcor claims it is still owed $111,000.

The magazine said that according to a taped conversation between former Alcor chief operating officer Larry Johnson and a board adviser, eight DNA samples among 182 taken from Williams are missing without explanation.

Charles Platt, an Alcor consultant and science fiction writer living near Ash Fork, told the Republic that the report about missing DNA is flat wrong.

"I can say with total certainty that Alcor has never taken a DNA sample of anyone," Platt said to the paper.

Platt added that blood may be drawn from a cadaver being prepared for cryonic suspension at Alcor.

The disappearance of DNA samples would be important because Williams' daughter, Bobby Jo Ferrell, charged that John Henry planned to sell his father's DNA.

Paula Lemler, the wife of Alcor President Jerry Lemler, said her husband is undergoing chemotherapy treatment and is unavailable for comment.

Thread Information