BimBamBoom is offline Associate Member

Blackouts in the Northeast US!!!

You guys think that this is terrorist related????

Scary thought if all of this terrorist business is still brewing.

We are in that red alert crap again.

Hopefully its something else!

Terrorists

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    they said on the news and the radio that it isn't.

Well I sure hope that is the case as I'm sure all of us do...

nj juice is offline Member
    Blackouts suck. I come home from work and want to lounge around in the a.c. and i can't because there was no damn power. My power was out for about 2 1/2 hours. Anybody else in jersey that had no power?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    i highly doubt this is terrorist related. must be chaotic in nyc...looting galore

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I hate blackouts no AR

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Power was out here in new york for almost 16 hours.............no traffic lights........death traps just driving on the streets here......talk about dangerous..........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

How are you guys signing on to AR? The ones that have responded that live there?

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I still don't have power. The phone line works and I'm uisng my laptop running off the battery. I live in NYC.

OHhh, gotcha! So how are things going for ya? All the people I see on the news seem happier than anything else. Well I'm not over there, but it seems like a good bonding experiencing over there. That is of course with leaving the negative aspects out. Well for all of you over there, take care and good luck.

PHATTY's elctricity is back on in OHIO

Alot of the net main international hubs in NYC and area seem to have taken a hit with this power outage...

Yesterday about 60% of the sites I tried to connect to kept timing out or being lagged halfway to hell.

Not as bad as sept 11 but the whole net slowdown to a crawl is sure scary.

Red

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    It could be an act of terrorism. It just might be disclosed by officials as not to lead to panic if the situationi already contained. If not contained then that might be more reason to hold information.
    I heard people from NYC were calling friends in CA to find out what is going on. Kind of funny to call across the nation about your own home town

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    we just got our power back in the metro-detroit area, was out for about 27 hours. the gas stations around here are crazy, lines go for blocks and blocks just to get gas and the people trying to get gas are fucking retards, i almost got into 3 accidents from people turning in front of me to get gas and people leaving gas stations when i had to just take a 3 mile drive.....

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    It's not a terrorist attack All the MODS on AR were running their vibrators on max speed, and so as a result, here we are

It's insane here in the Greater Toronto Area, it's been coming on and off, and at work, I was in the huge ass warehouse, freezer too, it's minus 20C and suddenly it went pitch black I almost shit my pants!!

It kept happeneing on and off (good thing we still get paid for the 8 hours we sit and do nothing).

So, it's insane. According to the news, Ontario is at about 60% recovered, but they expect it to be all up and running by Sunday night at the latest (or so they say).

I am pretty sure it REALLY has nothing whatsoever to do with any acts of terrorism...

Believe it or not, power grids are a very sensitive very fine tuned thing. It really doesn't take much to take one down, and the ripple effects can be quite extensive.

Just for example, back in the mid 80's, here in Quebec, the ENTIRE province was in an overnight blackout because of... hold on to your hat... a solar flare. Solar flare = huge burst of electro-magnetic energy... aka big radio wave.

It just so happened that the high tension lines coming from the dams up north were just the right lenght to be resonant to the frequency induced by the flare, it caused part of the grid to be out of phase with the rest and blamo... entire thing shut down.

Since then Hydro-Quebec (provincial power company) has upgraded the network and fail safed it to the point where things like the recent Ice Storm, or yesterdays New-York power outage (we are an integral part of the NYS power grid as we sell over 20% of our production to the USA) have minimal (if any) effects on a provincial scale.

All this to say that the systems can fuck up pretty easily on their own, no need for any "terrorists" to monkeywrench it.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    I am pretty sure it REALLY has nothing whatsoever to do with any acts of terrorism...
    .yea prolly not terrorism but i know someone just got a good idea. we need to

Thread Information