dumblucky is offline Member

Marry someone with bad credit????

I know if you marry someone with a bad driving record and they get put on your insurance it will make yoiur rates sky rocket ..

but how about bad credit ???/

bedrocked is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dumblucky
    I know if you marry someone with a bad driving record and they get put on your insurance it will make yoiur rates sky rocket ..

bad credit shouldn't affect your insurance premiums but you are definately going to run into troubles whenever you plan to take out loans, say a mortgage. how bad is the credit? you might want to consider why this person has bad credit to begin with, i mean it's very easy to mess your credit up and we all make mistakes but i'd be concerned why they have bad credit in the first place.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    You should look into having a service consult her on getting her credit back in good shape again. Without a good credit rating your pretty much f'ed. Even employers verify your credit before making descions on giving a job to a applicant.

Rastus is offline Associate Member
    My wife has bead credit because of bieng stupid stuff when she was younger. It hurts on a mortgage and it has hurt us on our homeowners insurance (since TX rates you on your credit). BAd credit sucks, and if we do something like a loan or anything, I usually just put it in my name only.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Quote Originally Posted by dumblucky

The worst thing about her having bad credit is that whatever she did to destroy hers, she could do the same to YOURS.

Is she in debt? If so, does she have a plan that she is sticking to, to pay it off? Has she filed for bankruptcy? Did she take better care of her credit afterwards? Is she predisposed to living above her means? Shopaholic? Irresponsible? Consider all those things before getting married.

Rastus is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    The worst thing about her having bad credit is that whatever she did to destroy hers, she could do the same to YOURS.

Is she in debt? If so, does she have a plan that she is sticking to, to pay it off? Has she filed for bankruptcy? Did she take better care of her credit afterwards? Is she predisposed to living above her means? Shopaholic? Irresponsible? Consider all those things before getting married.
    Very good points. See if the credit problems are recent, or why she had the problems when she did. See what her priorities are, too. Looking good all the time (clothes, nails, hair, etc.), or living w/in her means. See if she knows the difference between wants and needs. Some women find this to be a very hard concept.

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    Just get as many credit cards as you can in her name, charge them up and file bankruptcy.

Just kidding

Thread Information