Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator

How many of you find your job boring?

C,mon be honest how many of you find your job boring? What would you do if you were not in the job you had now? If you just left school with the knowledge you know have what career would you choose?

Me I would not have gone into Engineering as there is no money in it well at least in the UK.Engineering is one of the lowest paid professional industries so I made a mistake there!

I would have like to have been a surgeon and actually get some satisfaction out of helping someone else or if it was just for the money a solictor getting paid huge amounts to screw people over.

What about you guys??

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    Ive been in the same place for the last 7 years and its gotten so boring that I just stay on the board all day for fun

muscleup is offline Associate Member
    I work my ass off so I don't have time to be bored.
    Last edited by muscleup; 12-05-2001 at 07:45 AM.

Jenna is offline Female Member
    I LOVE my job...I sit at my desk behind my computer all day long and work at my own pace... I take my lunch break whenever I feel like it and can eat at my desk all day long if I choose to. My salary had increased 25% since I started here a little over 2 years ago - So, I'm not complaining ! Work is the only time I get to surf the web and post on the boards !

<<<< JENNA >>>>

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm an accountant... talk about boring. That's why I'm going to grad school at night. MBA concentrating in MIS. I enjoy designing accounting systems, not using them. I figured I could combine accounting and computers this way.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I am a firefighter...some times we get a little bored with the downtime...however when shit hits the fan...boring is the last word that comes to mind..

it is very exciting..

i recommend that if anyone has ever thought of becoming a firefighter..do it..there is no better job in the world..it is so self gratifying..

i love it wouldn't do anything different..

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i'm a teacher. there's no time to be bored there. little devil children....

Originally posted by dane26
    i'm a teacher. there's no time to be bored there. little devil children....
    What grade ?! That is SO cute !!!

<<<< JENNA >>>>

jenna-- 7th and 8th grade urban kids.....they are sooo much fun, but some of them are spawn of the devil.

Originally posted by dane26
    jenna-- 7th and 8th grade urban kids.....they are sooo much fun, but some of them are spawn of the devil.
    Any particular subject or just basic education ?

<<<< JENNA >>>>

ALL children are the spawn of the Devil - well they all have their moments!!

C,mon cheer me up who also has a boss who talks through his ass and never listens to your thoughts or opinons?

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I'm a IST major and very happy w/ the field i'm in. I just wish I could stay in school forever....But that's coming to a end :-(

M

KeyMastur is offline VET
    You guys think you have a good / bad job? I've got the best of them. I work 8 months out of the year, and have the other 4 to sit on my ass if I please. Money is good, and gets WAY better as the years pass. Only Dane knows what my job is....maybe Jason, Kev, and Jenna if we meet up for a workout sometime soon : )

Oh, and my work hours - at most 7 hours of a day, usually 6.

Originally posted by Jenna

Any particular subject or just basic education ?
    i teach social studies. keymastur, i would love to trade jobs with you, in fact, i originally went to school to study that.
    (just trying to add to the suspense!!!)

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    You know a job that isn't boring. When i was in high school, i worked at Subway. OMG!! All the free ANYTHING you wanted! Hooked anyone up...cookies, subs, chips...if you're a chick, you can come back to the freezer chest with me. (Yes it happened.....twice)

Ahhh....the good ole' days.

KBgrl is offline Female Member
    i like what i do for cash. sometimes it can be annoying but it depends WHERE i work not what i do for work. if im working at a col place then its alllllllllllll good. lots of fun.....great environment....etc.....easy cash but if its a shitty place then i HATE what i do.

Aguro is offline Associate Member
    Id wish to be a 3d animator, but.. that thing is hard to learn.. And i am scared that my artistic talent will not suffice.. Actually.. i dont know if i still want to be a 3d animator.. Right now i am a shipper for a print shop and trusth me i dont feel good about it.. I am planning to go back to school soon but i dont know in what.. That 3d animation class cost 15k So i need to think carefully.. Where is the money those day???

Auguro:If you like computers go into the IST field (Information Science & Tech). It's the only field besides Medical, Teaching,and Services that's going to offer you a secure future in this fucked up country we live in.

M

Wait a min...You don't even live in the U.S. lol Sorry
    Go into the IST field anyway. I know for a fact that IST majors are even in more demand in Canada then they are here in the U.S.
    And right now the job shortage is 300,000 (U.S.)

M

Hey PA seems as if it is only you and I that find our jobs suck.Mine isn,t too bad just the idiots I work with don,t know their ass from their elbow.

What is it with senior management can they only see £ signs(their own) fat cigars and their flash company car? I feel like punching them in the forehead and telling them to wake up.They sit there on the fat butts wait for a company to go down the tube and then they have another meeting to discuss how they got the company in to that postion

billy-
    so you don't like your job or bosses??

Originally posted by KBgrl
    i like what i do for cash. sometimes it can be annoying but it depends WHERE i work not what i do for work. if im working at a col place then its alllllllllllll good. lots of fun.....great environment....etc.....easy cash but if its a shitty place then i HATE what i do.
    Enquiring minds wanna know.............

<<<< JENNA >>>>

Dane

I sometimes wonder if I actually like people I find the majority of them false ,boring with their head shoved up their own ass.

Just as well the people at AR are OK

KBgrl

What is your job it sounds .......interesting!

POWERSTROKE is offline Associate Member
    I am a plumber, I like it because I am going from job to job all day long, So I am driving for a few hours a day. I also like it because if I get a job that sucks, I dont worry about it because I know I'll be on my way to the next one in a little while. My average job is around 2 hours. Its cool because I meet alot of people, some are nice some are jerks. I do that 3-4 days a week and then work in the office the rest of the week. My boss is the coolest guy too.

I am going to start working at my buddies tanning salon at night.
    A little extra money and lots of hot women.

john004 is offline Associate Member
    my job sucks for now, i guess it helps for the acne =) My dad owns a roofing company, so i get paid good, and i make my own ours, but i live in south florida... damn it's hot.. all year long.. it's the middle of december and still into the mid 80's. I guess the one good thing is im never in the same place. Going to school for computer science, hopefully either soon ill get a better job or i get to keep the company =o)

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Nope, I like my job. There are boring periods, but not compared to jobs I've had in the past.

sp33dg33k is offline Member
    I like my job most of the time. I can sit at my desk and eat all day too and surf the net if the boss is not around. I work in IT as a Network Administrator for a financial institution.

BUT!!! Tonight I am fucking hating it!!!!! ahhhhhhhhh

I'm migrating about 20GB's of user data and roaming profiles from one of our old NT file servers to a new w2k server. Then I have to touch and feel everyones user account to point them in the right direction, recreate all the shares on the new server and then modify about 10 different login scripts

Fuckin mind numbing

Ironweb is offline Member

Jobs

I like my job because it is dynamic. I work in food processing. The problems are different everyday. I am in charge of the several lines of production. After I graduated college I hate sitting behind a desk all day. I decided to find something that was more like 50/50. When the pack hits I am out on the floor more like 80 % and up to 25 lines of production. I like being more active in my work. Plus it is pretty safe industry everyone has to eat.

Thread Information