TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member

need help about money order, desperate....

does anybody know if there is any way to cancel or stop a money order? i sent a money order out and it turns out the person getting it is a scam. it got mailed to sweden and i just sent it yesterday so im positive its not there yet. any of u know anything i can do to stop it from getting ther? or am i basically fucked?

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Go to the bank where it was drawn...i'm fairly certain you can do that. I had to cancel one once because I sent one out to a clothing company before I had a checking account or credit card (back in the day) and when they still hadn't received it after three weeks, I had it cancelled. So long as you have the carbon copy you should be good.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I don't know if your fucked or not but how did u find out the guy was scamming if u don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    I don't know if your fucked or not but how did u find out the guy was scamming if u don't mind me asking?
    i was talking to this guy at my work and i told him about this guy and he said his friend tried to get shit from him a while ago and it never happened and to try and get the envelope back

btw i used a money order from a party store and not from my bank so i cannot have the bank cancel it

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    That sucks.
    But do you have the slip that you tear off from the $ order? If you do, best thing to try is going back to that store and asking them what u can do to cancle it.

well i went to the party store and they basically said they cant do shit. thats the last time i ever order anything over the internet. dam im fucking pissed, $100 down the fucking drain, those people better hope i never end up in sweden, if i do ill hunt those assholes down and they'll be spending a few nights at the nearest hospital......btw, thanks baraso and green for the suggestions....

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    over $100?? bro, my buddy just lost $600...its the principle of the matter and probably not the money, so i can see why youre upset. good rule of thumb: dont ever dish out more than u can afford to lose...do u know 100% sure its a scam or did this guy hear from friend of a friend that hes scammin?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    BTW - there is a way to get your cash back if it has yet to be claimed by the receiver. Try emailing WU or whoever it was that sent the money. We talked about this about a month ago with Peter North - search for that thread too. They'll need certain things in order to refund your cash.

On the back of your stub it should say that all requests for cacellation should be made in written. Check it out.

Thread Information