georgie24 is offline Member

who here has a CDL ( commercial drivers liscence)

if you do what do you do for a living? how much do you make? or does anyone know anybody with a cdl that makes a good living?

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, i have a cdl licence. I used to own a private garbage company with my dad. We sold out to a public company a few years ago. I dont use it now although i did re-new it just to have.

OG

georgie24 is offline Member
    thanks im shooting for 40-50k year

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    There's a newsgroup for truckers, misc.transport.trucking or something like that, and they can clue you in to all aspects of the business.
    I had considered driving a while back, and after talking with those guys, I decided not to. Just too much hassle . . .
    I think you can make $50-60 k a year if you drive team, where you work with another guy pretty much nonstop . . . you drive while he sleeps, then he drives while you sleep. Usually stay out on the road for weeks or months at a time . . . I wouldn't advise it if you have a wife &/or kids that you want to keep. And you'll probably be expected to drive more than your legal maximum hours, and figure out how to juggle your logbook so it won't look like you're doing anything illegal.
    It's a crazy business, last I heard some trucking companies were importing foreigners to work for less $$$ than Americans, so don't expect a glorious sort of job . . .
    YMMV,
    --Tock

dutchboy is offline Associate Member
    Hey OG, I am in the private garbage biz too! Who did you guys sell to ? ....S. Florida I am guessing Republic or Waste but I might be wrong. Any way, georgie. Yeah if you don't mind workin, and get with the right company it is no problem to make 40-50 being a G-Man. And you are home every night.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchboy
    Hey OG, I am in the private garbage biz too! Who did you guys sell to ? ....S. Florida I am guessing Republic or Waste but I might be wrong. Any way, georgie. Yeah if you don't mind workin, and get with the right company it is no problem to make 40-50 being a G-Man. And you are home every night.
    No kidding dutch. We actually sold out to Eastern Envirnmental back in 97' who inturn was baught out by BFi i believe. I would love to get back in the business. Theres nothing like it... Who do u work for?

OG

dutchboy is offline Associate Member
    I work for our family business....private name in a small town, we own our own landfill though so we are pretty insulated from the predatory pricing of "the big guys". We got about 20 trucks and a few more on order...business is "picking up" I'm sorry couldn't resist....

Thread Information