abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer

The high's and low's of a new job

to start off I recently just landed a job doing pt at a fitness center. I will start off with the high's!

Gosh damm poon tang galore!! I met up with the very nice girl and now were progressing into the first date arena. It all started with me correcting her form on squats then I just started showing her tons of stuff to do for working out. She wants to start training with me now to see what i do as a routine. i am sooo geeked right now!! today nothing could bust my bubble!

OK, the lows are my fucking boss wants me to act over zealous, happy go lucky, walking around with a fucking bounce in my stride for 8 hrs a days, raise my tone of voice like I am some happy go lucky clown. I feel as if they want me to change my personality and act fake to the customers. Have any of you guys or girls worked in a gym doing pt or working the desk and had to deal with this shit?? i respect my boss but the fucker wants me to change my personality. what the hell does this have to do with training?? Whos fucing strings are the pulling??

oh well, who cares. I have a date this weekend with a fine ass girl who is super nice and has a good head on her shoulders. screw them all!!!
    Last edited by abstrack; 08-27-2003 at 07:29 PM.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

talon is offline Senior Member
    Yup, I work in one now. Im a PT and a supervising floor instr. You see the way it goes at my gym is you market your own clients as a PT. So, bounce or no bounce ya do what ya go to do to make them grab your bait. Oh yhea and OMG the WOMEN, I love it and there all in tights. You will get used to it bro, na I lied...LOL

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't put in 8 hour days, more like 8 hour weeks, but as part of the deal I have with they gym to train my clients there, I do a little floorwork and orientation stuff for them (they pay me the rate of a regular employee during that time), which I'll gladly do because I basically just socialize and discuss workout tips with the more knowledgable members. I have it easy because of that, but BOY do i feel for the 4 or 5 guys who don't have their own clients and are slaves to the gym. It's the same thing all the time from the boss: "Project that energy!".

this starts a new week i have 2 new clients and the date was a success!! Things are going very well right now.!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    That's what all the trainiers I've see are like; always up, always courteous, always cheerful.
    I guess it's like selling cars; you start to grumble, and customers will pick up on it and go elsewhere. Gotta be selling your services all the time.
    I've seen some of their clients that really needed a good swift kick in the ass, but the trainers had to hold it in and be cheerful . . .
    --Tock

This up beat shit is fucked, I dont walk around like a grump but I cant act like something I am not. I feel as if I should be real and give them a real personality
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    and you say you're not a grump.
    Last edited by chrisAdams; 08-30-2003 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    You should try a hand-job or blow-job

those are the best jobs out there.

I deal with enough ass holes daily bro, Keep up with the smart ass shit and watch how fast your ass gets banned.

try not to be such a tool next time.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

mass junkie is offline banned
    Yo abstrack I feel ya bro.........Im glad I dont have to put up with that crap..........Just weigh the pros and the cons...if acting fake is too much for you then how come you just dont bounce and go work somewhere else? Give us some details about that 1st date will ya?......good luck with that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    and you say you're not a grump.

Just keep it up buddy
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Yo abstrack I feel ya bro.........Im glad I dont have to put up with that crap..........Just weigh the pros and the cons...if acting fake is too much for you then how come you just dont bounce and go work somewhere else? Give us some details about that 1st date will ya?......good luck with that!!!

The date was cool, just tpook her out to some nice restaurant and got to know eachother. Went back to my place for a minute and she met my moms and my new pup. Then we just went back to her place and that was it, she said she had a great time and gave me a nice smooch. Today i sent her some flowers, in regards to a good date
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Thats cool....you showed some class by sending her some flowers............any plans for a second date yet?

yes, I was suppose to see her today but she forgot she had a family function to attend to. So tonight we will set something up for later this week. She already said she wanted to go out on a 2nd date. Next time i will bring a flower for her and her mom.: Things seem to be going well bro
    abstrack@protonmail.com

the_rebirth is offline Member
    good shit bro

yeah bro just remember a year from now when your planning your wedding and all to send the guys at AR an invitation......Im dying for some wedding cake

talon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    yeah bro just remember a year from now when your planning your wedding and all to send the guys at AR an invitation......Im dying for some wedding cake
    For real? If its free and involves food Im def. there....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by talon
    For real? If its free and involves food Im def. there....LOL

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    abstrack,
    Good deal on the girl bro! I'm looking to get my PT cert pretty soon, and I tell you what I'm a pretty happy guy but being a cheer leader? Damn bro! I don't know about that, I mean sure sell your services and that of the gym, but I'm not gonna sugar coat my act. Good luck and good job!

SID

Thread Information