Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    talon is offline Senior Member

Talking Ok new one...The funniest thing you've seen in the gym!!!!

OK I want EVERYONE to chime in on this one. Whats the funniest thing you've seen dumbass people do in the gym?
    1) I seen someone drop a 50lb on his foot and break it in 3 places (his foot)
    2) I seen a gentleman that was trying to show off doing lying dumbell pullovers grabed a dumbell that waz to big. He went down and back over his head then his feet went flying through the air and he back flipped feet over face....LOL
    3) I seen a girl trying to do the rotory torso backward, like she was using it for a back machine....
    Last edited by talon; 08-28-2003 at 11:42 AM.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by talon
    1) I seen someone drop a 50lb on his foot and break it in 3 places
    damn, that's 1 strong foot for the 50 lb dumbbell to break like that

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Funny, that's the way I read it also. ha

SonGoku is offline Associate Member
    2) I seen a gentleman that was trying to show off doing lying dumbell pullovers grabed a dumbell that waz to big. He went down and back over his head then his feet went flying through the air and he back flipped feet over face....LOL
    I would have loved to see that!!

bigal81 is offline New Member
    Theres this guy at my old gym that weighed about a buck 20 and he'd always be in his little flamin muscle shirt flexin in the mirror...........i seen him in there for about a year straight and i dont think he pet on a pound

Another guy........older guy..........would be doing his dead lifts screamin "come on jesus" fucking loud! then hed run to the phone,call his mom and be like "mom you wont believe how much i lifted today. I think he had some kinda handicap though.

Strut99GT is offline Member
    One time I was in the gym with clockworks and Fooboy, and I think it was the first time we did squats...EVER. So, I remember we were going all of a whopping 200 pounds on our last set, and before I did my set, I said "what happens when you can't do it? Do you hit these bars down here or what?" and clockworks said "I dunno." So, I proceeded to get the weight, go down...and then I kept going down, and the weight landed on the safety racks and I fell on my ass.

After that, I think that clock decided not to try it. Keep in mind this was a long time ago, people! I swear!

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    i used to see this guy all the time we dubbed chicken head. he would grab dumbells way too heavy for him, put on his wrist straps and would proceed to push his chin to his chest in a vain attempt to do shrugs.

bedrocked is offline Junior Member
    i saw some guy just crankin out reps with 305 (w/o a spot) but he lost his grip and the thing bounced off his chest (and i mean off like boing off the chest onto the ground). he gets up and makes a huge scene by grunting really loud and starting to hit poses lol.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    One time the the music just changed and a new song came on, can't remember what it was cause this was long ago, and this guy drops his weights hobbles over to the nearest speaker( they are on the wall about 15-20 feet up ). He then bends over at the waist at about a 45 degree angle slowly raises his right arm and extends his middle finger sorta saying fuck you to the speaker. He stands like this for about 2 mins, then goes back to his workout like nothing happened. Myself and the other people just looked at each other like wtf.

MUSCLEMEDIC is offline New Member
    a newbie at my gym was doing leg presses with about 350lbs. on his third or fourth set. Some of us noticed he had trouble with the last set with less weight so a couple of us asked if he needed a spot, he just shrugged us off like leave me the fu** alone i'm a bad ass. He then was pushin the weight, face red, veins popping out all over, started shaking and then puked all over himself! After we stopped laughing we noticed he was stuck so we removed him from the press and directed him to the locker room. I havn't seen him back since.....

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    When I was at UF I saw many unusual things.

1. This guy was insistent on using 95 lb dumbbells for shoulder press. He had me spot him but it had to be from the wrist only, not elbow, and it had to be from in front of him. I figured he would need just a slight help up since the way he had me spot him. He could not even move the weight off his shoulders and I had no leverage to help him. He puts the weight down and yells at me for not spotting him. I tell him to go fuck himself and try using weight more approriate for him and to get spotted by the elbows next time. Another day I see him doing incline dumbbells or shoulder press, I forget which, and I hear a LOUD scream as his shoulders gives out as he tried to press the weight. He leaves all red faced and embarrased...I couldnt stop blowing out laughing...

2. I see a guy doing one legged hindu squats off a flat bench. He later "loads" up 135 and proceeds to struggle to get like 3 off. His girlfriend is quick to point out to the squatter though that he is tired from the hindus.

3. One time I was putting a 20 back on the rack after doing some shoulder burnouts. The weight proceeded to fall off and have a domino effect and took out like 5-6 below it. Some girl looked at me and was like "smooth move asshole."

Things Ive seen at other gyms
    1. Giant guy doing 405 for reps on bench spotted by his 100 lb girlfriend
    2. Doing shrugs when one of my straps blew and the weight crashed into the safety bar making a loaud boom
    3. Guys who talk to their partner after doing miniscule weight and are like "good set..." and then the retort is "I know!!"
    4. A friend was doing decline and tore his pants down the middle.
    5. I use to have a friend who was on the football team. He'd pick the weight up and hold his breath and then put it back. His face would be all flushed and sweaty so the coach would think he was doing a lot of weight.
    6. Heard from another friend on the team that they saw a kid get "caught" under the bar, weightless mind you, doing powercleans.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I farted right next to this guy running on the treadmill. He was breathing every deep. As soon as the smell hit him, it was like his face turned green. He just got the fuck out of there as fast as he could.

mfenske is offline Member
    Well I guess Central Wisconsin is where all the weirdos work out. Here's a few.
    -The elderly. That alone says a lot. I'll elaborate a little. There are a few old folks that work out at my gym. They start off with a few excruciating sets with 3 lb dumbells in exercises that in no way resemble working any muscle group I know of. Then they proceed to hit the chest press machine with the foot assist bar at the lightest weight possible and turn it in to a foot press. Next they struggle to figure out how to use the various inner/outer thigh machines. Then they engage in a brisk 1.2mph walk on the treadmill for about 10 minutes. Ooh I nearly forgot the ab machine that does lower and upper abs at the same time, but this one they load with a ton of weight and struggle for 3 reps or so if they're feeling lively. Finally, the tour de force, breakfast at McDonalds. I wish I was kidding.
    -The Arm dudes. 2 guys (maybe 18, 19) Proceed to do 112 sets (they want to make sure that they're not overtraining so they only do 112) of bicep curls. Most of them are forced reps with like 65 lbs. Surprisingly they haven't grown at all from their bi-weekly gun blasting. Then the other days they work out they do the other exercise. BENCH. In fact one of them has a shirt that says "BENCH". How clever.
    -The Screamer. Homeboy loads every exercise as heavy as he can, particularly bench press. Then proceeds to bounce every single rep off his chest then immediatlely after he follow with what I can only imagine it would sound like if a man gave birth to a baby through his penis. These blood-curdling screams can be heard across the gym. WITH HEADPHONES ON!!! The best part though was when I went in to a local GNC to get a protein bar and guess who's there. I felt like screaming when I lifted the bar on to the counter.
    -Mr. Daisy Duke. The guy who insists on proving to everyone that his genitals are superior to ours, and wears shorts that are short enough to prove it.

This is a great thread. I could nail so many more. Mark

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    LOL i got a good laugh... puking on himself.

Heard this guy came in for a 400 squat shirt and tells the front attendant "just give me the shirt I can do it." The attendant tells him "I have to see you do it first" So this guys loads 400 on the bar in the power cage,starts yelling, making a big sceen and gets under the bar. LOL he walks the weight back and BAM!!!! just buckles and drops the weight to the safety bars and his ass hits the floor. And he made a huge sceen we he was trying to get the shirt at first almost yelling at the attendant to just give him the shirt.

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    i was running on the treadmill next to my wife, and i was trying to distract her so she would lose her rhythm, and hit the side and fell straight to my face, slid backward and the treadmill belt burned the shit out of my legs. Oh...and it was about 5:30 pm so the gym was packed.

LOCKDOWN is offline Banned
    Shit.....

One time I was doing cable crossovers and let go of one of the cables just as a bro walked by - clocked his ass right in the nose and he dropped like a ton of bricks. WTF do you do in a situation like that?! LOL

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    i was doing cable extensions for tris, and the guy on the other cable was doing bicep curls, and and he must not had enough weight but he flung the bar up and clocked himself right in his face, immediately fell to his knees and got up about 5 minutes later with blood all over his face.

I was doing cable crunches one time and must been concentrating to hard but blood just started pouring through my nose. not really funny but when I get up and say "fuckin roids...does this shit all the time" LOL

someday is offline Member
    we got a screamer at our gym...everytime he goes to lift he pumps himself up by saying lines such as "you're a hoss, you're a pimp, this shit aint nothin" as loud as he can and then lets out a god awful grunt as he pushes the weight around. Also theres a guy who i swear to god is gonna fall over at any minute because his legs are like toothpicks but his upper body id humungous.
    and lets not forget the underwear guy....i swear to god this guy wears stretched out boxer briefs to work out in and to top it all off he doesn't walk...he prances....

Ah, the screamer....LOL...got a couple of them in my gym also....gay as all getout

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    My favorite is the moaners....Every gym I go to always seems to have one. Its like Adam Sandler says..."Sex.......Or Weightlifting?" I would swear it was sex by the moans these guys let out....

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Similar to FrkyBgStok, I'm running on a tread mill and a friend says something to me as they walked by, I (for reasons I have no idea why) stopped and turned to say something (like I'm just standing around) and shot of the end of the damn thing like a bullet and hit the machine behind me...........................of course everyone just busted out laughing. And as you'd expect everyone left signs on my machine saying things like "remember you have to keep running when people talk to you"..........smart ass'.

I hate those damn treadmills!

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I saw a guy doing side dumbbell raises for shoulders and using way to much weight. He had on some tight spandex shorts with his balls falling out of them. He crushed his nuts between the weights. You hear clank, clank, clank, thud. Then he turned all red and started to cry. FUNNY AS HELL!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I saw a guy doing side dumbbell raises for shoulders and using way to much weight. He had on some tight spandex shorts with his balls falling out of them. He crushed his nuts between the weights. You hear clank, clank, clank, thud. Then he turned all red and started to cry. FUNNY AS HELL!
    Holy shit...poor guy...oooouuuuucccchhhh

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Holy shit...poor guy...oooouuuuucccchhhh
    This should be a lesson to all.

Men should never wear spandex!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    This should be a lesson to all.

Men should never wear spandex!!!
    Yup...BUMP to that

Also had a guy that would actually eat tuna during his workouts. Damn shit stunk the whole gym up, funny thing was people complained but didnt say anything...so being the nice guy I am "hey stop eating that shit in here..... seriously!" he quit hehe

Tuna? Wow, thats a first...ha ha ha ha

ya shit pull some cash outta your ass and buy a tub of protein right? HEHE

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Up at school we get this kid who is definitely retarded. I don't know how he gets into the school gym, but he's like 175 probably 25% bf. a real little porker.
    Anyway, he thinks he's real hard shit and wears headphones, but turns them to the same station that's on the speakers in the gym. Then he'll belt out the songs at the top of his lungs, jumping and skipping around to each peice of equipment. Then after he finishes a set, he'll fly over and do the most horrendous shadow boxing you can imagine, almost smashing into everyone that walks by.
    I hate that fucking kid.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    the funniest things I see is people boxing the mirrow or grabing db and and act like they are boxing the mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by wrstlr69sdnl
    the funniest things I see is people boxing the mirrow or grabing db and and act like they are boxing the mirrors
    Now that would be funny as hell....I havnt seen that yet....LOL.....

mass junkie is offline banned
    Not sure if this is funny or nasty but ummmm here it goes......................One night I was at the gym by myself in an intense shoulder workout, theres was only one other guy even remotely in my area.....so all of a sudden I get a whiff of some of the rankest fart ever...........So I yell out what the hell is that f^&kin smell................it was a dead give away...I could see the guys face in the mirror turn bright red...............he mumbled oh sorry its the creatine got all embarrased and left........

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    pry the funniest thing i've seen was this kid attempting to do lat pulldowns. there is a hook that is behind the regular clip that holds an extra bar so you get a different angle. the kid didn't realize that there was no bar on the regular hook and started yanking as hard as he could on the bar that was attached to the machine. he kept lowering and lowering the weight until he finally gave up and left. i couldn't help but laughing but i pointed the kid in the right direction after because i'd hate to see that happen again to the poor kid

--hawk

Quote Originally Posted by hawktribal
    pry the funniest thing i've seen was this kid attempting to do lat pulldowns. there is a hook that is behind the regular clip that holds an extra bar so you get a different angle. the kid didn't realize that there was no bar on the regular hook and started yanking as hard as he could on the bar that was attached to the machine. he kept lowering and lowering the weight until he finally gave up and left. i couldn't help but laughing but i pointed the kid in the right direction after because i'd hate to see that happen again to the poor kid

--hawk
    HA HA HA HA HA HA............

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    Back in mid-1987, I was part of a group of members of a Gold's Gym who helped another former member build a new Gold's Gym. Our help to him went towards our gym membership of the new gym. One evening, we were on a lunch break when this short ass guy came in to open a new membership. He stood about 4'9, couldn't have weighed more than 150, and had the puniest looking arms, delts, and legs but his pecs hung like muscular women breasts. He was fucking hidious looking but, wearing his tank tops and shorts, he was all smiles and assuming that we were all staring at him because he had a great physique.

Months later, I was working out and began hearing these 2 kids yelling, "C'mon. Do it. You got it, man." When I looked, it was the guy's "yes men" egging him on his bench presses. The stupid shit about that is that is all the fuck he was doing in his workout. BENCH PRESSES, nothing else. Now I learned why his pecs were hanging like women breasts.

Yhea some guy have that prob. The only thing they will do is chest?...I dont get it, but to each there own.....

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    ^
    Man I wish I saw half this stuff at my gym... it would be too good.

Quote Originally Posted by G Child
    ^
    Man I wish I saw half this stuff at my gym... it would be too good.
    G, I work at a gym and let me tell you I see stupid, dumb azz stuff like this everyday. Some people are just very eccentric and/or retarded/dumb......LOL

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    Yeah, I'm sure they are there but I just don't notice, kinda just in my own little world. ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information