Strut99GT is offline Member

Wink Partying down in New York City this past weekend...

My friends and I partied on NYC this past weekend. Here's a summary of the shenanigans:

Thursday: Got in around midnight, took cab to a friend's place to stay for the night. Watched the MTV movie awards when the reran (as they always do).

Friday: woke up late, went to Coney Island (yes, the place that James Coney Island is named after). Rode on the Cyclone (the coaster that is the inspiration for all of the crazy wooden coasters like the Texas Cyclone), had my spine rattled on said coaster and felt like I broke my freakin' neck, and went to Nathan's (the original hotdog joint). Later that night, we went to Joe's Shanghai and had soup dumplings (self-explanatory, really), and then at night we went out to some bars. Sutton Club was the name of one of them. It ruled. We got intoxicated on $7 beers. Lots of $$$. Flirted with an Irish chick that I met at the bar, and ended up muggin' down with her the last hour or so. Was pissed though because she was leaving the next day to go back to Ireland!!! So no big hookup occurred.

Saturday: U.S. Open. Saw Shrishipan (sp?), Hewitt, Capriati, Bjorkman, Kucera, Stephanek, Correa, Corrazo (sp?), Dent, Gonzalez, and some more that I can't remember. Oh, we saw all these on 3 hours of sleep. I couldn't take going out later that night since I was about to collapse, so I nixed going out that night. The other wankers did go out, but not for long, and apparently I didn't miss much.

Sunday: We went to Central Park, and in general walked around and saw a bunch of sites. Went out at night, and it was dead, believe it or not. We ended up trying to go to Sutton Club again, but it was closed (!!) so we ended up going to an Irish bar next door that was full of people that were trying to go to the same place. Met another girl there that went to NYU that was pretty much perfect. Another friend of mine was hitting on another one of her friends, and everything seemed to be going well, until all of a sudden, one of the girls in the group decided it was time to leave...that freakin' !#@(#!!!! My friends and I were philosophizing about how bad we got cock-blocked, and determined that what it comes down to is that if girls are in a group and one of them decides they want to go, all the others feel obligated to go immediately as well so they don't give the impression they are slutty. Boo.

Monday: We wanted to go to a show, so we stood in line at "Tkts" (half-price tix the day of the show) for an hour or so, and got tickets to Phantom of the Opera, since we'd never seen it. So the day pretty much revolved around that. The show was later that night, and was excellent. Now I can officially say I've seen a Broadway Show. Had good Pizza at Ray's Pizza afterward. Went to sleep around 1, woke up at 3:45, went to the airport, got back to my place, and here I am.

Random thoughts:
    Gray's Papaya rules. You can either spend tons of money elsewhere, or you can get two hot dogs and fresh juice there for $2.45. I think we ate there 4 times.
    NYC is *reeeeaaaaaly* expensive. Aside from the obvious plane ticket, I took $100 cash with me. That ran out really fast. So I got another $100. Then that disappeared. So then I got another $100. I think I have $20 now. D-oh! And this is not to mention the fact that I charged everything I could, so I paid for quite a few things with credit card too. So, boys and girls, NYC doesn't come cheaply.

And now, my brain is mush.

What did you all do this weekend?

mass junkie is offline banned
    Damn bro all of that in one weekend?..............I was mainy a post whore on AR all weekend.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    New York ROCKS!!!! So much to do, so much to see.....

Everytime I go there, I blow 300.00 at NOBU for one dinner!!! UNREAL

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Damn bro all of that in one weekend?..............I was mainy a post whore on AR all weekend.
    Sounds like I was missing out

Quote Originally Posted by Strut99GT
    Sounds like I was missing out
    Aww bro you dont gotta rub it in like that

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Aww bro you dont gotta rub it in like that
    I'm just messin' with you, bro! You know I would have done the same thing had I not been on vacation.

I'm just messin' with you, bro! You know I would have done the same thing had I not been on vacation.
    its all good...............glad you had fun.................

Danielle is offline Female Member
    errrrrrr.......$100 dollars will get you nothing in this damn city anymore.........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    We got intoxicated on $7 beers.
    Holy crap! I'd need to get a part-time job halfway through the evening if I had to pay $7 for that beer-flavoured water that you Americans call beer.

Quote Originally Posted by EXCESS
    Holy crap! I'd need to get a part-time job halfway through the evening if I had to pay $7 for that beer-flavoured water that you Americans call beer.
    "Excuse me, bartender? Can we switch for a bit?"

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Damn right Gray's Papaya rocks. I used to live half a block from there when I first lived in NYC. Many a drunken nights ended with some dogs from Gray's.

But I have to say .. I'm much more content out here in Cali. Even w/o good ol' Gray's.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

what to do in our city on $100 a day

umm not much.try living here,haha.actually, i'm in nj now having moved out about a year ago, but 10 years of living in the city paying rent could have bought me a palace of a home in any other state.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    umm not much.try living here,haha.actually, i'm in nj now having moved out about a year ago, but 10 years of living in the city paying rent could have bought me a palace of a home in any other state.
    When I tell people who don't live here how much my rent is for a 1 bedroom they usually flip.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    When I tell people who don't live here how much my rent is for a 1 bedroom they usually flip.
    How much is it?

Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    Yeah, no kidding. My friend that lives there lives in the Biltmore...or is it Britmore? I don't remember. It's right next to times square...and rent is REALLY expensive there. In fact, the only reason he can live there is because of the bad economy he and his roomate got 2 months free prorated into the monthly rent.

Gmill13 is offline Associate Member
    Grays Papaya Is The Best Place Ever!!!!!! Hotdogs And The Best Goddam Banana Drink I Have Ever Tasted. I Wish I Could Get It Here In Boston And Mix Protien With It. Damn Im Jealous I Miss That Place

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    My girl and I now live in S.F., CA and pay $1400/month for a 1 bedroom ... which is a hell of a lot better than the $2200/month we paid in NYC! Cali is definitely the place to be imo.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i payed $1700 for a studio in chelsea

until i wised up after a few years and moved to staten island.ugh it sucks, but saving a grand a month and getting five times the space makes it better,haha

Fooboy is offline Associate Member
    funny...i got an email that's peculiarly similiar to the initial post...hmmmmm...interesting

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fooboy
    funny...i got an email that's peculiarly similiar to the initial post...hmmmmm...interesting
    you mean a carbon copy? =P i wonder if he copied and pasted this post to our email, or he copied and pasted our email to this post. yeah, i'm really bored.

anyways, sounds like you had a nice trip, a. but just remember, the whole while you were eating bad and not working out, i was getting stronger...and stronger...and STRONGER! bwahahaha, now there is no way i'm gunna lose our little contest!!

-- c

Quote Originally Posted by Fooboy
    Funny how that works, huh guys?

Quote Originally Posted by clockworks
    you mean a carbon copy? =P i wonder if he copied and pasted this post to our email, or he copied and pasted our email to this post. yeah, i'm really bored.

-- c
    Oh yeah, e-mail first btw, hehe. I've gotta let my AR brothers in on the madness! *And* you might notice that there is a difference. The mass e-mail crowd got the "overview," but I put the BS stuff that happened with chicks on this thread for my AR brothers, hehe, because my parents don't want to be reading about that sh!t.

Thread Information