Thread: Help On Marines

Compaq is offline Junior Member

Help On Marines

Hi, My friend joined the marines and passed his three months bootcamp. He does not want to go back because its really not for him. Are there any ways of getting out? He does not care of getting a dishonarable discharge but thats all he wants. He doesent want anything else like 3 months in jail or what not. Are there any ways of getting out? Please help me out. Thank you

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    he DOES NOT want a dishonorable discharge. he can't vote or hold any municipal job. find another way

JRMY2711 is offline Associate Member
    Im sure there are other ways to get out without a dishonorable discharge bro just get on a search engine and do some research until we have someone post something for you.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    WTF it took 3 months to realise it's not for him and now he's crying about it !.
    Tell him to get his shite together, the USMC is not doing to him something which there not doing to thousends of other young Marines.
    The transition from civilian life to the life and a fit and disaplined soldier is always a hard one, but if he hangs in it brings it's own rewards for the rest of his life.
    They will not ask him to do something which is humanly impossible, next time he's feeling bad and under pressure tell him to take alook around and he'll find someone who looks smaller and weaker than he does. Then tell him to ask himself "did this guy do something I can't do ?".
    I'm a professional soldier with 17 years experience who plans on completing 31 years so I speak with the advantage of experience of seeing thousends in the same boat as your friend. Some of whom have turned out in the end to be the best soldiers I've ever had the pleasure of serving with.

Regards

Bouncer

thumper is offline New Member

Unhappy Marines

I was in the Marines for four years; so, I can tell you of a couple of ways of getting out. One friend of mine was given a medical discharge because of alcohol abuse. If your friend has a couple of arrests for drunk and disorderly conduct, he will be sent to a substance abuse counselor for evaluation. At this point, he should tell the counselor that he has trouble with controlling his drinking, bad childhood, etc., etc. He will probably be sent to what is called level 2 treatment, which is pretty much counseling like AA. After this, if there are further incidents, he will be sent to level 3, where he will be hospitalized and given anabuse(makes you sick when you drink). If he still keeps drinking, he will be given a medical discharge. During this time, he will also most likely lose any rank that he has, along with some of his pay, in addition to performing some undesirable duties (i.e. cleaning shitters). Another route would be an attempted suicide by taking a lot of OTC sleeping pills or something that he knows will not be fatal. This will cause him to be evaluated by a military psychiatrist, who will determine if he is fit for duty. It is important that he not ask for a discharge; the medical officer will make that decision, and asking for it will nix that. Keep in mind that getting a dishonorable discharge will dog you for the rest of your life; it will be much easier to spend four years in a situation that you hate, than fucking up the rest of your life. DO NOT GO THIS ROUTE. O.K. everyone is probably tired of reading. I do not advocate this; I am proud of my previous service, but I did not enjoy serving with some of those that didn't want to be there. P.M. me if you would like more information.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Marines

Originally posted by thumper
    Another route would be an attempted suicide by taking a lot of OTC sleeping pills or something that he knows will not be fatal.
    That doesn't help the "dumb military man" stereotype. Tell your friend to suck it up and face the consequences of joining.

You may think this is stupid (and it is), but not as stupid as doing something that will earn him a dishonorable discharge. I stated my reasons at the end of my post for suggesting this course of action.

nymattyk is offline Member
    tell him to say that hes gay, oh wait gays are allowed in the military ....... scratch that idea. im out of suggestions

I had thought of telling him that too, but I am not sure if it would be a dishonorable discharge. They aren't allowed to ask you if you are gay when you join, but they can still discharge you for being gay.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Gee, what creative solutions . . .

Okay, how about if he claims he's gay, smokes some dope, shoots some roids, and tries suicide?

Before you guys get too creative, make life simple and go to The GI Rights Hotline , which focuses on helping people who have "changed their minds" get out. See especially the criteria for the separation of people who are still in Entry Level Status; if your buddy has been in less than six months, he may qualify. (Besides, as any commanding officer will tell you, neither the Marines nor any other branch of the services wants someone in their ranks who will foster a negative mindset among others.)

And if his objection is conscientious in orientation (rather than simply deciding to be a lazy ass), check out the Central Committee for Conscientious Objectors .

So, can he get out legitimately? The answer, at this juncture, is probably yes. One of the key questions that will be addressed is whether he has had any significant financial benefit thus far - for example, whether his enlistment was a condition of the military paying his tuition. But the time for him to move on getting out is now, because the longer he waits, the more difficult it will be.

Besides, if he's not gay and he claims he is, someone in authority may ask him to prove it. (Talk about calling someone's bluff . . .)
    Last edited by TNT; 12-21-2001 at 03:45 AM.

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    Im an in the military for the past ten years. Theres a couple ways tell them that he is gay the kick you out on medical discharge. Admit you have a drug problem that takes a little longer. Or tell them you feel like you wanna commit suicide instant medical discharge you do not want a dishonaerable fucks your whole life up.

Re: Gee, what creative solutions . . .

(Besides, as any commanding officer will tell you, neither the Marines nor any other branch of the services wants someone in their ranks who will foster a negative mindset among others. TNT

I was trying to say that in my original reply, but failed to be as eloquent. Since he has completed bootcamp in the Marines, it is too late to decide that it is not for him. Checked out the website-good info.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

this is what my friend did

swear to god and it worked.he's a sick fuck.he got back from bootcamp and go to go home for awhile for whatever reason i don't know, but when they came to his house to get him to go back for whatever he was supossed to do(i know shit about what he does) the MP's were in horror!!!!

this sick fuck took a knife sliced his foot from end to end about a fucking inch deep and answered the door w/ the blood he smeared all over his face!!!!he acted liek some god damn psycho and they eventually gave him a discharge for being mentally unstable.true story.i saw the carnage to prove it!!!!

just a thought,haha.hope this info reaches you in time.i just saw the post.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Re: this is what my friend did

Originally posted by partyboynyc
    this sick fuck took a knife sliced his foot from end to end about a fucking inch deep and answered the door w/ the blood he smeared all over his face!!!!
    Um, kids, don't try this at home . . .

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Re: this is what my friend did

Originally posted by partyboynyc
    this sick fuck took a knife sliced his foot from end to end about a fucking inch deep and answered the door w/ the blood he smeared all over his face!!!!
    Or you could always make a trail of ravioli across the street. Nothing says "psycho" like that!

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

haha excess

low blow my friend, low blow,hahaha.

true though,hahaha

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Seriously: If your friend or whoever wants to get outta the service. With a Honerable Dis.....: They need to find a Dr. that will declare them disabled via: ASTHMA.
    Now there is a certain kind of ASTHMA that will take them out of any kind of job in the service. I'm not sure what it is. The best thing to do would to tell him to contact a lawyer that handles shit like that.
    Note: If the Dr. doesn't declare them for that specific ASTHMA....they might get a desk job.....and still be stuck in the service.
    I don't see why he just doesn't go through w/ everything. Tell him to suck it up....It'll be the best thing he ever did.......

M

Thread Information