Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bigol'legs
  • 1 Post By clockworks

Thread: Testoterone Driven Alpha Male?

JohnDoe1234 is offline Member

Question Testoterone Driven Alpha Male?

Whats up boys and girls. I have a question and a rant for all of you, so here it goes. Do you ever feel big enough?. People tell me all the time that I look big, and they keep telling me that I keep getting bigger. But I never feel like it's enough. I feel like i'm always looking for more. I'm dying to be 200lbs or more. I'm only 5'7 but i'm 180-185lbs. I weigh more than most people that are like 6 or 7 inches taller than me. I am also lucky geneticaly. Despite being short I'm very broad shouldered and barrel chested(I took a chest measurement yesterday and it was 46inches). My point is no mater how much praise I get, I still feel like I could be bigger...better....have more strength. When I go out to club or a bar I always have a good time, looking to hook up and bang hot girls(sorry ladies, If any of you are reading). But I also scan the scene looking to see if there is any one who is as big, or bigger than me around. It's like some kind of alpha male wolf thing with me, especially lately. Where I want to be the most dominant male around and establish my precence. So what do you think?, am I some egotistical alpha- male,
    am just looking to be better and improve myself. Let me know if any of you have ever felt this way.

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    There aint nothing wrong with being the Alpha Male, as longest you love yourslef and not inlove with yourself.

Sonnie is offline Junior Member
    Yeah I have the same problem; I think every guy involved in bodybuilding does.

dutchboy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnie
    Yeah I have the same problem; I think every guy involved in bodybuilding does.
    What other reason would there be to torture our bodies the way we do in the gym and stick to strict diets, if it wasn't to stand out.

good point Sonnie.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchboy
    What other reason would there be to torture our bodies the way we do in the gym and stick to strict diets, if it wasn't to stand out. .
    women

rambo is offline The Lord God
    It's somewhat of a phenomenon among male fitness enthusiasts, referred to as the Adonis Complex. We never quite view ourselves as big enough, lean enough, or powerful enough. You are by no means alone in this, I'd heavily wager most of our boys on this board feel the same way.

dutchboy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    women
    umm, yeah, that too!

Contender is offline Junior Member
    agreed bro....same way here, and ya ever notice if ya see another big guy or a guy ya know that trains, ya always sorta give a little head raise like "hey Bro yeah i know ya train, so do I" I notice it alot when im out and about shopping or whatever,its like a special code amongst all BB's, maybe thats the complex thing Rambo is talking about, but im on the same page as you bro when it comes to all that............

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Contender
    agreed bro....same way here, and ya ever notice if ya see another big guy or a guy ya know that trains, ya always sorta give a little head raise like "hey Bro yeah i know ya train, so do I" I notice it alot when im out and about shopping or whatever,its like a special code amongst all BB's, maybe thats the complex thing Rambo is talking about, but im on the same page as you bro when it comes to all that............
    whenever i am out and i see a dude that i feel has a better physique than i do i will generally approach him and ask him what his split looks like. based on the reply, i will know if he juices or is just gifted genetically.

i have made some good friends from just introducing myself since my physique does much of the talking for me when it comes to training. talking about BBing with a random dude at a bar two weeks ago produced a training partner that not only shares similar juice interests, but also is almost on par with me strength wise. difficult for me to find that outside of my football player friends who i can't train with.

as far as hard feelings go, i hate gaining control of a room only to have someone else walk in and steal the thunder. thats when feelings of jealousy arise and help me push myself in the gym twice as hard so that i won't feel that way again. its a cycle that never ends...

shorty2big is offline Member
    We're all the same bro!!!
    S2B

mass junkie is offline banned
    and here I thought I was the only one who felt like this...

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    and here I thought I was the only one who felt like this...
    Def NOT!

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    I have the same prob. You'd think bulking at 5'7" (almost ) and at 251 I'd think I was big but I look around and Im like "I think that guys arms are bigger than mine" my friends like "ya..... maybe bigger than half your arm". We all got it and it keeps us driven. I think even pros.... no expecially pros have these thoughts. We'll the ones who arent arrogant.
    Obs likes this.

I really want to get into this one day, read some actual research, because i think it's comparable to cases of anorexia, in that we see ourselves through a different lens than others do. Pretty much the only difference is that our "illness" is contsructive.

talon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    I really want to get into this one day, read some actual research, because i think it's comparable to cases of anorexia, in that we see ourselves through a different lens than others do. Pretty much the only difference is that our "illness" is contsructive.
    I really would be surprised if this isnt true Rambo. I have the same prob. as the rest mentioned. Everytime I look in the mirror Im unhappy with my size. I think I could be bigger, I need to be bigger. Ive put on almost 42lbs in the last year, but its never enough. Bench gets over 3, now its go to be over 4. Body weight gets to 190, now its gotta be 205, its a never ending cycle. I just want to reach a point were I can stop and say damn look what I have acheived, this is enough. Damn, does this thread look like it belongs in an a.a. (anabolics anonymous) meeting?...LOL

It's without a doubt that as a bodybuilding community we try and adress some of these issues. I say things to myself that if I heard anyone else say to me would result in their asskicking. I look at myself as constantly, fat, small, flabby, weak, and I am never viewed like that by others. Being the best built guy in the room doesn't satisfy me at all. I know that others would switch bodies with me in a skip and jump, but at the same time i don't believe that. I never seem to be able to escape this Pigetian cycle; I will never be lean enough, never big enough. And although this drives me to the gym and out of the fridge, there are times that I truly wish i was oblivious to the way I looked, and to the fact that there are waaay to many high GI carbs in that apple i would kill to eat. I wish i could be happy being fat, i really do. But instead I have become a narcissistic version of my old self, and although it's undoubtedly changed my life for the better, I really wonder what it's like on the other side. I actually envy people who are the opposite of me. And I'm starting to wonder when it is going to become destructive. And then other times it seems like the entire thing is paid off threefold when a girl tells me she can't fit her hands around my lats, or throws a fit about the fact that her hands barely fit on one head of my tricep. Or the fact that my build strikes other dudes with envy or respect or fear or whatever it is. But then i look back again at what I've given up. At times i don't see much difference between myself and a skinny girl that is constantly picking the froth off of her skim mocha latte to avoid the calories. It just seems to be the life I'm choosing, and for the moment im content. For the most part I'm simply waxing on, rambling...

talon is offline Senior Member
    It's without a doubt that as a bodybuilding community we try and adress some of these issues. I say things to myself that if I heard anyone else say to me would result in their asskicking. I look at myself as constantly, fat, small, flabby, weak, and I am never viewed like that by others. Being the best built guy in the room doesn't satisfy me at all. I know that others would switch bodies with me in a skip and jump, but at the same time i don't believe that. I never seem to be able to escape this Pigetian cycle; I will never be lean enough, never big enough. And although this drives me to the gym and out of the fridge, there are times that I truly wish i was oblivious to the way I looked, and to the fact that there are waaay to many high GI carbs in that apple i would kill to eat. I wish i could be happy being fat, i really do. But instead I have become a narcissistic version of my old self, and although it's undoubtedly changed my life for the better, I really wonder what it's like on the other side. I actually envy people who are the opposite of me. And I'm starting to wonder when it is going to become destructive. And then other times it seems like the entire thing is paid off threefold when a girl tells me she can't fit her hands around my lats, or throws a fit about the fact that her hands barely fit on one head of my tricep. Or the fact that my build strikes other dudes with envy or respect or fear or whatever it is. But then i look back again at what I've given up. At times i don't see much difference between myself and a skinny girl that is constantly picking the froth off of her skim mocha latte to avoid the calories. It just seems to be the life I'm choosing, and for the moment im content. For the most part I'm simply waxing on, rambling...
    Rambo, I totally understand you, rambling or not. We have this deviant need to repremand ourselves and our body everytime we look in the mirror. Never is anything enough. I swear everytime I find something on my body and fix it there is something else wrong. My shoulders are to small, so I add size, now my tri's are to small so add size, etc. etc. You know bro I guess we could be bolemic or something of that nature. Luckily our addictions or hard doings are productive and beneficial in life. I have a quote from something I read which helps...."When we're in the gym, we're in this indescribable euphoria zone. It's a feeling of being on, of being completely alive and aware. If you haven't been there, then it's like trying to describe color to a person who's been blind since birth. Within this haze of pleasure and pain, there's knowledge and power, self-discipline and self-reliance. If you do it long enough, there's even enlightenment. Sometimes, the answers to questions you didn't even know you had are sitting there on those rubber mats, wrapped up in a neat package of iron plates and bars."

Contender is offline Junior Member
    Rambo........Bro you hit the nail square on the head with that last reply.....Christ its freakin scary Bro, i think we all got it bad........lol

That quote is so damn familiar talon, where is it from?

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    women
    word

-- clocky baby
    Sh0tsf1red likes this.

mass junkie is offline banned
    couldnt of put it better myself

Talking

Just to keep you all updated, Weighed myself today at the Gym 190Lbs.
    Hell yeah baby! I'm gaining more and more. 200lbs here I come!. Sorry for ringing my own bell Guys

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    This is a curse. I love the old forum and read it constantly. I bumped the old flavor so the new kids can understand.

You won't ever achieve anything you like. You will always want more and the more you want, the more you suffer. Been through hell boys, I am tired.

Be happy.
    Fuckin' work it.
    Be yourself.

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe1234 View Post
    Whats up boys and girls. I have a question and a rant for all of you, so here it goes. Do you ever feel big enough?. People tell me all the time that I look big, and they keep telling me that I keep getting bigger. But I never feel like it's enough. I feel like i'm always looking for more. I'm dying to be 200lbs or more. I'm only 5'7 but i'm 180-185lbs. I weigh more than most people that are like 6 or 7 inches taller than me. I am also lucky geneticaly. Despite being short I'm very broad shouldered and barrel chested(I took a chest measurement yesterday and it was 46inches). My point is no mater how much praise I get, I still feel like I could be bigger...better....have more strength. When I go out to club or a bar I always have a good time, looking to hook up and bang hot girls(sorry ladies, If any of you are reading). But I also scan the scene looking to see if there is any one who is as big, or bigger than me around. It's like some kind of alpha male wolf thing with me, especially lately. Where I want to be the most dominant male around and establish my precence. So what do you think?, am I some egotistical alpha- male,
    am just looking to be better and improve myself. Let me know if any of you have ever felt this way.
    I think you worry too much about what others think

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    I am not going to read the whole thread but here are my two pennies.

I am sorry. You are not an alpha male at 5'7. Arnold wasn't an alpha and he dwarfs 99.999999999999% of bodybuilders in that height range during his day. You cannot teach 6 ft plus

Being an alpha has NOTHING to do about your stats in muscle. I can point out enough douche bags in the gym that look ok physically. It has everything to do with balancing power with dignity.

To repeat point one a different way...a pit bull is a bad ass animal but it is no alpha. It is a bitch at best. It has a master and it obeys for its food.

So what is an Alpha?

1. Superior genetics..specifically height.
    2. Blarney...not used car salesman blarney...tactful and articulate in person.
    3. Doesn't question or announce they are alpha. There is no reason to. If you are not sure if you are an alpha.you are not.
    4. Usually quiet except among a small circle of people. Alphas do not run their lips.
    5. Understands the pecking order (see number 3)
    6. Most important quality of an Alpha...NEVER has their cell phone on the gym floor. That is the number one sign of insecurity and "no life".

That is the minimum. Sad to say I have met zero people that lift weights which qualify as an alpha. Being confident and cocky on testosterone is qualified as one thing...stupidity. Those who are jerks always bring a knife to a gun fight "unintentionally".

/off rant

Spending countless hours around "normal " people (Idiots at best) has given me enlightenment to their delusional state. Not saying you are an idiot. Saying if you think size makes you anything more than a spender of time in the gym..then you might be a delusional individual.

Lift to love lifting
    Eat to love life
    Love to embrace emotion
    Relax to do it again tomorrow
    Last edited by Chicagotarsier; 11-25-2017 at 07:21 AM.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I gotta stop posting drunk...
    Last edited by Obs; 11-26-2017 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Was drunk still.

Thread Information