View Poll Results: How nice is your gym?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very nice looking, lots of equipment

6 25.00%
  • Fairly nice looking, lots of equipment

11 45.83%
  • A hole is the ground, lots of equipment

3 12.50%
  • I work out at home

4 16.67%
    cfiler is offline Anabolic Member

How nice is your gym?

I'm joining a new gym, and it is kind of a hole, but the equipment is wonderfull. They have a track, machines, and tons of free weights. It is one of those basement gyms, so it is dark. No natural light, but no natural muscle there either.

I just wanted to know how nice your gyms are.

mass junkie is offline banned
    I go to a gym called LA Fitness.........Its sort of like Ballys.........Its very nice....my only complaint is the bubble gum music that they play.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    We have a gym here where I work. It's not bad, has plenty of free weights and a good number of cardio machines. Best part is our standing rule is first one in gets to pick the music that's played over the system......................I'm here at 5am every morning so they have to listen to what I put in. Running, I'll throw in the hip-hop for the girls but when I lift it's heavy metal.................the guys love it and the girls hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    We have a gym here where I work. It's not bad, has plenty of free weights and a good number of cardio machines. Best part is our standing rule is first one in gets to pick the music that's played over the system......................I'm here at 5am every morning so they have to listen to what I put in. Running, I'll throw in the hip-hop for the girls but when I lift it's heavy metal.................the guys love it and the girls hate it.

awww your lucky bro.....I'd love to hear some heavy metal while im lifting..............anything but.........freaking pop..................I bring headphones....but its not quite the same.......

Funny thing is everyone knows what kind of mood I'm in or how heavy I'll be lifting based on how dark my metal choice is for the day. When Metalica's (sp) on they all know not to even bother asking me how I am that morning...............well they'll at least wait until they see me head to the locker room before saying good morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    Funny thing is everyone knows what kind of mood I'm in or how heavy I'll be lifting based on how dark my metal choice is for the day. When Metalica's (sp) on they all know not to even bother asking me how I am that morning...............well they'll at least wait until they see me head to the locker room before saying good morning.
    Damn I wish I had that power in my gym....damn bro im jealous

here's the real kicker; there are over 400 hundred people in this building and I'll bet no more than thirty ever use the gym and there are only like ten of us that are hard core and are there day in and day out. It's a shame but I love the fact I never have to wait on someone to finish using something before I can use it. Gotta love that. I think I try and keep this job as long as possible.......it's going to suck when I have to go to a normal gym.

talon is offline Senior Member
    Mine was rated #1 gym in the world for 2002. Its 2 stories. Has a basket ball court, volleyball court, areobics room, PT room, Lifestyles room, free weight area, free weight machine area, 2 cardio centers (up and down stairs), a reg. machine area, an olympic size pool, a steam room, a sauna, a jecuzzi, a cyber cafe, a smoothie king, and oh yhea mad mad fine girls...LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by talon
    Mine was rated #1 gym in the world for 2002. Its 2 stories. Has a basket ball court, volleyball court, areobics room, PT room, Lifestyles room, free weight area, free weight machine area, 2 cardio centers (up and down stairs), a reg. machine area, an olympic size pool, a steam room, a sauna, a jecuzzi, a cyber cafe, a smoothie king, and oh yhea mad mad fine girls...LOL.
    Yeah But what kind of music do they play.................

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Yeah But what kind of music do they play.................
    Hip-hop (most of the time) and rock the rest of the time.....

Hip-hop (most of the time) and rock the rest of the time.....
    Oh, btw, since its a college town, this gym is REALLY geared towards students....

someday is offline Member
    my gym is no bigger than my house...has 12 treadmills, 1 flat, incline, decline bench. 2 squat racks and 1 set of free weights. Also have 1 fly machine. it is a true hole......

Danielle is offline Female Member

damn...........look @ what i'm missing........the closest gym like that is probably in Manhattan.....

but......how about a really nice looking gym......with not alot of equipment........thats not a choice........lol
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    My gym is Top Notch. Its #1 in USAF. Its cool cause they gotta spend money not like civilian gyms where the owner puts the F&^&@ money in his pocket and you gotta jerry-rig shit. Lots of machines and free weights. 3 cardio rooms and there upgrading them putting in 150k of audio and video equip. 48" plasma screens on the main walls and 32" tvs in the corners. There also upgrading the stereo system in the weightroom. O and I change the station when I want 8P. Its a satallite radio so its always on metal.

damn.........u guys must pay top dollar for your memberships...........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

membership? LOL its free also, thats another +

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    my gym is a hole in the ground with not too much equipment. The dumbells suck and only go up to 110. It's free because it's my school gym though. I'm considering joining golds boston. went there on labor day, not too bad or expensive.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    My gym is way too nice and I hate it. Everybody's so happy and social it kills me.

However the equiptment is maintained well and there's plenty of room for me to keep away from the happy social crowd. So for now it's my best option..

xxxl83

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    damn...........look @ what i'm missing........the closest gym like that is probably in Manhattan.....

but......how about a really nice looking gym......with not alot of equipment........thats not a choice........lol
    Have you been to New York Health and Racquet club? The club pretty much has everything, a pool and a Yacht.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Have you been to New York Health and Racquet club? The club pretty much has everything, a pool and a Yacht.

where is it located?

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    where is it located?
    There are a few locations around the city. The nicest one is on 23rd and 6th Ave in Chelsea.
    http://www.nyhrc.com/

where is it located?
    Is that you in your avatar? I have to know.

hehe we all do. Im guessing no. wanna start a poll thread? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    hehe we all do. Im guessing no. wanna start a poll thread? LOL
    Yhea titled: Who wants to know if thats Danielle in her avatar?....LOL

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    Not I

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Danielle,

I don't know where on long island you're from but I know they have a nysc in syosset.
    I personaly don't like those gyms I've been to a few of them they're alittle to uptight for my taste.
    Also the ones in Manhattan have like 5 floors and you may have to run up and down between floors to complete a workout.

Just my .02

xxxl83
    Last edited by xxxl83; 09-03-2003 at 10:17 PM.

There is a really nice gym on South Beach thats outside......kinda cool to work out there on a sunny day.............and then go to the beach all pumped up............

depdaddy is offline Member
    my gym is a multi million dollar Golds gym in Fl..kicks ass..probably one of the nicest Golds in USA

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    i love my gym. its my university's main gym. its like a million dollar health resort. the weight room has >everything< and tons of other college kids...very easy to make friends. among the regulars are some very dedicated guys who lift train hard, eat right, and look great. the other 90% of the population i'm stronger than...i kinda like that...

-- clocky baby

wow, i can hear my roommate doing coke on the bathroom and just sitting on the floor in there alone coughing. what a fucking loser. when i get on the gear, i'm gunna beat the shit outta him...=)

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    My gym is AIGHT from a scale 1-10 I'll give it a 7..
    Two complaints music sucks And People are to social can'y get my workout down and want to have a roid rage and tell them back the fu*k off and let me finish my workout..

Quote Originally Posted by xxxl83
    Danielle,

I don't know where on long island you're from but I know they have a nysc in syosset.
    I personaly don't like those gyms I've been to a few of them they're alittle to uptight for my taste.
    Also the ones in Manhattan have like 5 floors and you may have to run up and down between floors to complete a workout.

Just my .02

xxxl83

what part of the island you from?..........im in Franklin Square..........so Syosset is at least a good 30 minutes..........no traffic.........and when is there ever no traffic?.......lol.........i go to the Synergy in franklin sq.........theres a few others (levittown, baldwin ,framingdale)........its one of the nicest gyms around here..........i guess all the really good ones are on the north shore or in the city........

peam is offline Suspended
    the 15lbs weights have been missing for months at my gym

ya one time I was stacking up some weights and I grabbed the 5's DB's. This guy looks at me funny and was like "what are you using those for" obviously trying to laugh at me. "well work in with me and ill show u"... bent-over laterals....drop sets. 30,25,20,15,10 then the 5's lol he gave up on the 20's. But I think this guy stole your DB's peam cause he was embarrased and moved to Oregon!! hehe

Nice try Peam, we know you took them. And management wants you to return them along with the Smith Machine you took last month. They’ve threatened to stop playing your favorite song "It's Raining Men" on the sound system if their demands are not met. Word around the gym is that everyone wants you to keep the stuff; all the guys hate that damn song.

peam is offline Suspended
    oh yeah juggernaut... you're right... you GOT ME!!!!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    The gym i work at is a country club. Its on 45 acres it has everything from a sports bar and spa to anything you can think of in the weight room. Thank god i work there because i couldnt pay to go there.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    My gym's newest equipment is from the 80's! it's got free weights no hammer strength machines , basics! It's based in the theme of minimalism! But, it' $140 a year and well, it's like a sore dick,,,you can't beat it! I'd rather goto a new gym but they're not as convenient...my gym has 2 one near my house and 1 near my work, so it's just easy!

SID

You know what I miss? When I was in college we had a very small gym with maybe two machines but tons of free weights. It didn't have AC, smelled moldy and everything was rusty. We didn't have a sound system and the lighting wasn't the best but every person there was cool and had one purpose being there...............to improve themselves and their abilities

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    I work out at an athletic club and sometimes go to the Gold's where more muscleheads hang. Both gyms have plenty of free weights, lots of hammer strength and nice cardio machines.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    what part of the island you from?..........im in Franklin Square..........so Syosset is at least a good 30 minutes..........no traffic.........and when is there ever no traffic?.......lol.........i go to the Synergy in franklin sq.........theres a few others (levittown, baldwin ,framingdale)........its one of the nicest gyms around here..........i guess all the really good ones are on the north shore or in the city........
    Damn is that you in your avatar. yum.
    My gym is brand new and has heated floors and all new machine and toys to play with. And the owner(which is also a hot muscle bound woman) cycles the music up depending on what the gym pop is m/f
    nice joint

Thread Information