Tuggy is offline Associate Member

Gear HEads_A DIfferent Breed!

I have been thinking today that we (gearheads) are truly a strange breed. Either we have it absolutely correct and the rest of the world is screwed up or just the opposite. I mean where else do you find people talking about life changing events, life and death situations, purchasing gear, sending money to people, domestic and overseas sources, etc. all to people they have never met. Seriously, let's face it, I have never met you and most of you have never met each other, yet we constantly seek and trust each others advice. We mail thousands of dollars to people we have never met who live maybe thousands of miles away, because some we have never met tells us that it is a good source (even though they have never met). Seems a bit crazy, yet we do it every day. Why? Because gearheads honestly care about each other in a way that others don't (or can't) understand. I know that although I don't know you, if I am able to give you some small piece of information that helps you achieve a level that perhaps you thought was above your potential, I get motivated myself. This in turn becomes a motivator knowing that others are making strides above what they thought was possible. The bottom line is, although many people think gearheads are assholes and that we suffer from 'roid rage , we truthfully care about each others goals, potential and end results. Peace Bro's and thatnks for all the info all of you have given me in the short time that I have been fortunate enough to talk to you.
    Last edited by Tuggy; 09-07-2003 at 11:43 PM.

I guess no one agrees.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I agree. We all try to be the best we can be and ask our brothers for help. And yes, i do care about my bro's BB goals. I help anyone i can who has a love for the iron game.
    Last edited by LORDBLiTZ; 09-08-2003 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    I agree. We all try to be the best we can be and ask are brothers for help. And yes, i do care about my bro's BB goals. I help anyone i can who has a love for the iron game.
    Well put!

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    You make some interesting points, however there is more method to the madness than you are catching on to here. Personally, I treat my sources like everything surrounding them is classified. Not only does this protect me but prevents the wrong people from knowing about my personal Santa Claus'. While it is true we care about each other, the almighty dollar guides most sources and thats why people scam others to make a quick buck. My goal when dispensing information is to clarify an issue or help someone do things properly. While that sounds noble, the fact is I just love the board and everyone on here, plus I am always learning new things to share or help myself in my personal endeavors.

Trust is a huge part of this game...When you are experienced enough to make good decisions and stay focused then trusting someone with privied information or your favorite supplier becomes a little easier.

I will give a shout out to all the bros here that have helped me in the past with these issues since it has made my life a whole lot easier. You know who you are.

BlocRoc is offline Member
    I'll agree with TUGGY.

Look at it this way!

I'm having problems with the GF, and where do I go????? HERE

I post and bitch and vent and feel better when I have fellow bros (whom I have never met) post replies and their opinions!

Its not really strange when you think about the fact that this is just another extension of society. We are social animals and we have a natural propensity to extend that social nature to everything that we do, including the virtual online world. Where we create communities just like in our own pesonal lives. In these communities we establish bonds and friendships!

Damn, am I good at applied sociology or what!

L8 and I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

Thread Information