bermich is offline Anabolic Member

I Was Wrong. Ebay Sucks Penis

What the fuck is up with the hidden auction bids.
    The starting bid says 10 dollars. I bid 11. It comes back saying the someoene has already bid 11 dollars. I bid 12. It comes back saying someone bid 12.
    WTF is that all about. I hate wasting my time trying to guess what the highest bid is because the seller decided to select the auction to be secret or hidden or whatever that gay ass thing is.
    So I have to increase my bid by 50 cents each time til I become the highest bidder. At the end, I am bidding 20 dollars when the showing bid was 10. FUCK THAT. Waste my time.
    I treid to buy a truck and got excited cause the bidding was only at 30k. I put in 30.5. Message comes back with the same shit.
    If I put in some high bid just to see what the bid is actually up to I might become the highest bidder with a price I really wouldnt pay.

So I revamp my first thread saying EBAY is awesome and change it to EBAY CAN SUCK MY DICK FOR WASTING MY VALUBLE TIME.

After coming to AR all the time. It really fucked up my propper spelling. Im so used to seeing all these misspeled words and sentences composed wrong it has become normal for me now to just type the word how it sounds. VERY BAD HABBIT NOW

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    That always use to happen to me hated that crap

Danielle is offline Female Member
    huh?!.........lol.......i don't think i've ever been on ebays site before......i don't know......lol............i just can't imagine useing something that someone else has used before........ugh............thats just me........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    huh?!.........lol.......i don't think i've ever been on ebays site before......i don't know......lol............i just can't imagine useing something that someone else has used before........ugh............thats just me........
    I know, there's nothing worse than going to see a movie at a theatre where they refuse to honor your polite requests to have new seats reinstalled at the conclusion of every showing! And don't get me started on eating out...i don't care how many dishwashers they claim to have...if I can't bring my own silverware, I'm not eating there.

Um.......Danielle.........All the stuff is not used.......
    A lot of it is brand new never been used, opened, touched, whatever........Some of it is from the manufactorer or employees selling it wholesale prices........Not like you are buying panties or shoes from it............

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    You need to understand how proxy bidding works before you go off and start bidding.

Check out Esnipe.com
    It will bid for you at the last second.

It's very helpful and can save you a lot of money without getting into bidding wars.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Um.......Danielle.........All the stuff is not used.......
    A lot of it is brand new never been used, opened, touched, whatever........Some of it is from the manufactorer or employees selling it wholesale prices........Not like you are buying panties or shoes from it............
    o well........still.....there's nothing i need......that i cant buy in the store already........but i dont like purchasing stuff from the computer, anyways
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

theres gear for sale on ebay

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    ummm, maybe I am wrong here, but I think you misunderstand how ebay works whenever you bid.

Basically, whenever you place a bid, you put in the top amount that you are willing to bid for an item. Ebay will then take your bid up to the most the anyone else has bid, plus the increment, but it always keeps it at the minimum.

So if you are the first to bid on an item that is currently $5 and you decide that you would pay up to $20 for it, you are covered to $20, but it will only set your bid at $5. If no one else gets it, you are set at a low price even though you are willing to pay more.

But on the other hand, say you bid the minimum amount of $5 for it. Someone comes in at the last minute and bids $5.50 for it. You just lost the item because you weren't watching the last few seconds of the item. Trust me, that sucks. You wait all week, and you can't be at the computer at the right time and you lose because of 50 cents. But if you had put in the $20 that you were willing to pay, you would be covered all the way up until the point where the other person bids $20.50.

I think they way the designed it was perfect. No one ever pays more than they want to, and you don't have to constantly monitor it to win. The bad thing is when you do the small increments like you were doing, you were fighting with a computer for the highest bid. It's pretty frustrating how the computer always wins. lol

That has happend a couple of times to me PT when I was buying creatine and protein (Before AR) of cource but also alot of people think just cause its ebay its cheaper a friend of mine use to sell Bowflexes on there and they would go much higher than there retail value I have seen some for 3,500 plus shiping which is usually 250 more so it all depends on what you bid on I was kicked out of ebay for not paying OOPS

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I know, there's nothing worse than going to see a movie at a theatre where they refuse to honor your polite requests to have new seats reinstalled at the conclusion of every showing! And don't get me started on eating out...i don't care how many dishwashers they claim to have...if I can't bring my own silverware, I'm not eating there.
    wow, BG never cease to amaze me.

PtByJason explained it right.

PTby. Why dont they just say what the highest bid is so they dont waste your time and make you think the pirce is 10 dollars when someone already bid 20 for it. Why doesnt it show someone bid 20 already? So now, you think the real bid is starting at 10 dollars. You increase by 50 cents until you realize at 20 dollars and 20 bids later that you are the highest bidder now. It confuses me.

BlocRoc is offline Member
    This thread sucks ass!!!!!!

L8

Quote Originally Posted by BlocRoc
    This thread sucks ass!!!!!!

L8
    Then delete your post right the fuck out of it

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    30k for a truck? Must have been a helluva nice truck. I thought I was riding a fat hog spending 5k on mine. poor pitiful me.
    Last edited by caturpilar; 09-09-2003 at 07:16 AM.

sigrabbit is offline Member
    I almost got pooch screwed by Ebay too. I bid on a set of golf clubs and later that day someone outbid me, so I started bidding on a different set and won. The same day I won I get an email saying, "Congratulations you are the winner on your auction! The highest bidder has retracted their bid and you are now the highest bidder." Thankfully, I was outbid again, but I might have been screwed because I was not allowed to retract my offer. Believe you me, they would have had to sue me to get me to pay for an auction where I was outbid.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    PTby. Why dont they just say what the highest bid is so they dont waste your time and make you think the pirce is 10 dollars when someone already bid 20 for it. Why doesnt it show someone bid 20 already? So now, you think the real bid is starting at 10 dollars. You increase by 50 cents until you realize at 20 dollars and 20 bids later that you are the highest bidder now. It confuses me.
    Well there are a couple of reasons for that. First off, say you are the seller and you see that someone is willing to pay $20 for the item, but the bid is actually only at $5. Well, you are going to find a way to bid $19.50 so they will have to pay $20. (Pranksters could also do this, just for the hell of it)

Another thing. Let's face it, when you are in a bidding war, you are going to pay more than you normally would just to win. If you are constantly being edged out by only 50 cents, you aren't going to take it, so you will bid higher. It beats you again, you throw another dollar down. over and over. That's just how auctions work. This is the best way possible that it can be simulated. In real life you have an auctioneer egging two people on, on ebay you have a computer.

PTby. Very true. I wouldnt have paid that much for the item I bought but I HAD TO WIN DAMNIT. Liek you said. It was only 50 cents more. But by the end, I paid maybe 5 dollars more. Not a lot of money but I probably wouldnt have even bought it to begin with if the starting bid didnt suck me in.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Welcome to the world of proxy bidding.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    This is the best way possible that it can be simulated. In real life you have an auctioneer egging two people on, on ebay you have a computer.
    Exactly. The auction house is paid, at least in part, by a percentage of the sale price so you can see why Ebay makes big bucks by increasing the competitiveness of the auction arena via automated proxy bidding.

Thread Information