Terinox is offline The One & Only

Two quick questions (health issues)

1. Alright, this is kinda sick and wut not, but I've had diarrhea for like 4 days straight now. Although it's not THAT bad, it is still "the runs" and is kinda annoying, especially getting up at like 3am to take a shit So, anyone got a good advice (aside from pills) of how to speed up the healing process and getting rid of it? Anyone got good websites about bowl movements, and info on shit/diarrhea, etc... (Yeah, i'm serious, a website about taking shits, LOL!!)

2. I've felt kinda "weird" lately, not sure if the diarrhea is linked, could be, but I feel kinda weak/sore in dif. parts of my body. Like my left tricep feels (for about 2 days) that I worked it out LIKE AN ANIMAL, like I JUST finished doing a heavy set, and it's burning like mad, BUT, I haven't worked tri's at all, not for over like 2 weeks (gonna hit them Thurs). Plus, other parts, like smaller, temp. pains, legs, feet, etc...

Is this maybe cuz I just started hitting the gym (although I've only done shoulders and legs so far this week), maybe it's diet? My parents tell me a lot of it is just stress/nervousness, since this is the first week of University, and I think they might be right. A lot of it could be in my head...no?

Thnx
    T.

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    I'll throw this out but I'm sure I'm far from right. As far as question 1 i dunno, your not eating lots of fruit are you? That only helps it along. No fever i'm assuming which would indicate a flu. As far as question 2 maybe potassium deficit? I know that usually causes cramping but anyways just trying to help out. Hope you feel better soon.--Cat

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    T..Are you experiencing any other "Flu" like symptoms?? Aches, chills, nausea, headache???

It could also just be a stomach virus which will just pass in time..A few things to make sure of though is that you are trying to eat solid foods, which may prove difficult, and most importantly that you are staying very well hydrated..Long term diarrhea can lead to severe dehydration and this will complicate your health issues..

If this continues for more than a week and shows no signs of improvement, you may need to seek out a health care practitioner..It could be nerves but generally speaking this doesn't cause the symptoms you are experiencing..You may also consider taking Loperamide (Immodium AD) to help ease your symptoms..

Doc M

Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    T..Are you experiencing any other "Flu" like symptoms?? Aches, chills, nausea, headache???

It could also just be a stomach virus which will just pass in time..A few things to make sure of though is that you are trying to eat solid foods, which may prove difficult, and most importantly that you are staying very well hydrated..Long term diarrhea can lead to severe dehydration and this will complicate your health issues..

If this continues for more than a week and shows no signs of improvement, you may need to seek out a health care practitioner..It could be nerves but generally speaking this doesn't cause the symptoms you are experiencing..You may also consider taking Loperamide (Immodium AD) to help ease your symptoms..

Doc M
    Thanks Doc.

No, so far I have not experienced any other symptoms which is one thing that was weird, cuz it was just the upset stomach. I thought about it maybe being a virus/food poisoning. It started Sunday, and so it's gotten a tad bit better, but not much. I was told (by my mother) to not eating any of the following: fruits (except apples or dried fruits like dates), dairy products (except yogurt which supposedly is good and helps), too much grain/fiber stuff, salads or other greens. Is she right? I mean, she kinda knows some things about health and wut not, she's totally into the whole "natural" thing, and is totally against pills. She used to be a nurse in Sweden. How much of wut she says is true? Or slightly accurate? Also, yes, she told me to drink plenty of water, and I am doing that.

Thnx
    T.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

terinox

big T, your first gay experience can be very traumatic.time heals all wounds as my mother use to say

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    big T, your first gay experience can be very traumatic.time heals all wounds as my mother use to say
    thats just wrong...

rambo is offline The Lord God
    You are lucky you are having bowel movements. I havn't shitted in 4 days. Tons of fiber, ex-lax, voodoo. Nothing is working. Come on poo poo, please come. I need to poo.

Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    Hmmm...I was wondering why my pants were down by my ankles when I woke up at my friends house last week...THAT BASTARD!

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Ramboo..If you are having constipation problems, try pear juice..This is not a joke before you even ask..Gerber makes a pear juice that is sold at Walmart, etc..I often advise patients to drink it after a surgery to help them go without straining..OB Doctor's also tell expecting mother's to drink this as well to help ease the symptoms of constipation that often accompanies pregnancy..

Terinox..Leaving out the possibility that you were actually gang raped in your sleep, it sounds like you are just having a battle with a stomach bug..Keep hydrated and eat foods that are low acidic and not terribly fibrous..Your mother isn't totally off in left field on this one..I would stay away from any fibrous fruits for now as this often leads to further bowle movements..Fluids, mashed potatoes, peanut butter, a banana(to help replace lost potassium), and foods that are generally well tolerated by your body..Just don't sit down to a ten course meal and it will pass..Unfortunately things like this just have to run there course before you experience any relief..God luck and try not to shit yourself while in class or this may hurt your standing with the potential ladies that are looking to pluck your virginity..

Doc M

Strut99GT is offline Member
    Thread hijack: Have y'all ever seen or heard about anyone straining so hard in the gym that they shit in thier pants? It's just kind of funny that this is a thread about crapping, because clockworks and I always used to joke that if we tried any harder on a set we would "shit in our pants." I wonder who's done that...

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Strut99GT
    Thread hijack: Have y'all ever seen or heard about anyone straining so hard in the gym that they shit in thier pants? It's just kind of funny that this is a thread about crapping, because clockworks and I always used to joke that if we tried any harder on a set we would "shit in our pants." I wonder who's done that...
    lol damn bro.........even if that did happen....I dont think id admitt it.................how embarrasing would that be?

talon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terinox
    1. Alright, this is kinda sick and wut not, but I've had diarrhea for like 4 days straight now. Although it's not THAT bad, it is still "the runs" and is kinda annoying, especially getting up at like 3am to take a shit So, anyone got a good advice (aside from pills) of how to speed up the healing process and getting rid of it? Anyone got good websites about bowl movements, and info on shit/diarrhea, etc... (Yeah, i'm serious, a website about taking shits, LOL!!)

2. I've felt kinda "weird" lately, not sure if the diarrhea is linked, could be, but I feel kinda weak/sore in dif. parts of my body. Like my left tricep feels (for about 2 days) that I worked it out LIKE AN ANIMAL, like I JUST finished doing a heavy set, and it's burning like mad, BUT, I haven't worked tri's at all, not for over like 2 weeks (gonna hit them Thurs). Plus, other parts, like smaller, temp. pains, legs, feet, etc...

Is this maybe cuz I just started hitting the gym (although I've only done shoulders and legs so far this week), maybe it's diet? My parents tell me a lot of it is just stress/nervousness, since this is the first week of University, and I think they might be right. A lot of it could be in my head...no?

Thnx
    T.
    Honestly, besides what DOC M said, drink alot of water bro. No kidding this will help your movements (bowl) and get you past this diarrhea phase........

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I suffer from IBS. Stress, and bad diet cause upset stomachs, and diareaha. You might have IBS as well. It is hard to diagnose aparently. Just something to consider.

Thanks Doc, and the rest of you for all the replies. I do seem the feel a bit better. I'm guessing another 1-2 days I'll be cured. Cuz this really is affecting my cardio/workouts, I actually am worried about straining too hard, and either farting really loud in the gym, or worse yet, like Strut99GT said, shitting my pants during a set

I think that would spread throughout the ENTIRE campus in like one day

Thanks doc.

Oh and strut- i crapped my pants several times at track meets, usually in the first 30 or 40 of a 100 meter, but not a lot, so i used to just change pants after.

Thread Information