BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Fight Back Those Tears, All, for I'm Going on Sabbatical

As many of you know, I graduated from college last june thoroughly dissapointed with the types of jobs one can normally aspire to after college. I'm just not cut out for your standard, non-exciting job...i desperately need something to be passionate about. Currently, without boring you with the details, I've come to see myself finding that passion either an academic or in the law (or, perhaps in both, as a legal scholar). These pursuits, however, will necessitate some SERIOUS preparation on my part over the coming months: cramming for the LSAT, revising my honors thesis for PhD apps, soliciting letters of recommendation, etc, etc, etc.

While we rightfully wear our AR addiction with pride, I think there comes a time for everyone when that addiction starts to intrude on significant portions of their life, as all addictions by definition will do eventually. Well, that's where I'm at now. For me to get done what it is I NEED to get done, I can't be cruising AR every hour or so.

So, until December (slightly before XMAS) I'll be MIA, AWOL, or otherwise absent. I'll fulfill my fantasy football duties for sure, with the weekly updates. In addition, I'll making weekly updates or so to my year-long journal, so I won't be entirely non-existent, though I certainly won't be a presence in any form for some time. Try not to miss my witty humor and general New England charm to much!

BDTR is offline Retired

I'll miss you BG! Come back soon bro, good luck with real life.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    BG, as much as I would like to see you around I must confess that I have great admiration for your decision. Im glad that you want something more in your life than a standard run of the mill job. Accept nothing less than you deserve bro. Keep hitting the gym, we'll be here. I hope you find everything you are looking for! Keep in touch bro. peace

someday is offline Member
    I miss you already....i'll re-read my grammar book so's i can learn to spell as pretty as you. Good luck with the lsat's man my sisters in the same boat as you right now.

Lookin forward to the journal.
    peace

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    well bro thats good don't settle for less than sub-standard. You certainly have earned it to have the kind of career you want. Best of Luck! Hurry Back!

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    We'll be missing one of our best. ( before someone catches and quotes you on it, it's too.. can't have your perfect grammar / punctuation / spelling record thrown off now can we??)

Forget one of the best. You're the best BG.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Good luck on your endeavors, and I can do no more than to perspire incessantly in a futile attempt to supply this board with its daily dose of Dennis Miller-like upper echelon rants; complete with its pontificating and overindulgent diction that we have become accustomed to. And in this persuit i will give absolutely no credence to the belief in truncating one's responses, and in this ideal i will accomplish no less than 2300 words when responding to posts entitled "Can i drink winny?". It is in the latter that steadily, over a period of time the members of this board will begin, quietly at first, to whisper, an underlying, unmistakeable, intangible rumbling, whereas they will begin to wonder if I am indeed-you. So it is in the same vein that you have come to answer our posts that i will continue to do so. And when the process has come to fruitation, I will come to ponder... Am I you? Are you I? What defines I?

Nah man im just playin, take care and good luck, your doing the right thing,

well miss ya

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Good luck!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Good luck on your endeavors, and I can do no more than to perspire incessantly in a futile attempt to supply this board with its daily dose of Dennis Miller-like upper echelon rants; complete with its pontificating and overindulgent diction that we have become accustomed to. And in this persuit i will give absolutely no credence to the belief in truncating one's responses, and in this ideal i will accomplish no less than 2300 words when responding to posts entitled "Can i drink winny?". It is in the latter that steadily, over a period of time the members of this board will begin, quietly at first, to whisper, an underlying, unmistakeable, intangible rumbling, whereas they will begin to wonder if I am indeed-you. So it is in the same vein that you have come to answer our posts that i will continue to do so. And when the process has come to fruitation, I will come to ponder... Am I you? Are you I? What defines I?

You guys crack me up - its like the Navaho Code talkers here...

Good luck BG - nothing good in life comes easy and without sacrifice...

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    Best of luck!!!!! Take care and see ya when you get back.

Strut99GT is offline Member
    I think that this is nothing but a ruse...now that he has had his way with us for car shopping advice, and has finally made his decision, he's going to be too busy driving around to cruise the boards. We see how it is!

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Best of luck to ya BG! And how bout one last Tx joke before you go, lol

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Good luck BG and if at all possible stay in touch with me. I have waited so long for this day I'm so happy to lose you that I'm tearing up. So what am I supposed to do now? Wit hyou gone I'll grow soft and weak minded. Aahhhhh I see what you're doing, you're not leaving for this Sabbatical, but rather to weaken me for a powefull return.

Best of luck to ya bro and do stay in touch. Me and the misses are actually considering somewhere in the New England area. I personally miss the east coast, while my wife has fallen for the scenery.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Good luck BG and if at all possible stay in touch with me. I have waited so long for this day I'm so happy to lose you that I'm tearing up. So what am I supposed to do now? Wit hyou gone I'll grow soft and weak minded. Aahhhhh I see what you're doing, you're not leaving for this Sabbatical, but rather to weaken me for a powefull return.

Best of luck to ya bro and do stay in touch. Me and the misses are actually considering somewhere in the New England area. I personally miss the east coast, while my wife has fallen for the scenery.
    I will tip my 40 to you and all my other New England gangsters tonite.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    Best of luck to ya BG! And how bout one last Tx joke before you go, lol
    Okay, I've been keeping this one up my sleeve for some time, and it seems as good as any note to go out on.

You know you're 100% Texan if...
    It doesn't bother you to use an airport named for a man who died in an airplane crash.

You use the phrase "fixin' to" almost daily.

Someone you know has used a football schedule to plan their wedding date.

You've ever been excused from school because "the cows got out."

You can properly pronounce the town Mexia, Waxahachie and Mesquite.

You can remember the name of the last state legislator to introduce a bill involving castration and he didn't mean farm animals.

You know exactly what calf fries are, and eat them anyway.

You can recall hot summers by the year they happened easier than you can remember your mother's birthday.

You think that people who complain about the wind in their states are sissies.

You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door but by the availability of shade.

You have owned at least one belt buckle bigger than your fist.

A bad traffic jam involves two cars staring each other down at a four-way stop, each determined to be the most polite and let the other one go first.

When you hear a tornado siren, you go out and look for a funnel.

Your "place at the lake" has wheels under it.

You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, and bait all in the same store.

A Mercedes Benz is not a status symbol. A Chevy Silverado 3500 Extended Cab is.

You know that everything goes better with Ranch.

You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned how to multiply.

You have had this conversation:
    "You wanna Coke?"
    "Yep"
    "What kind?"
    "Dr. Pepper."

-------------------------------------------------

I'm out, you've been a great crowd, don't forget to tip your waitress....see you all in time for Xmas!

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    As many of you know, I graduated from college last june thoroughly dissapointed with the types of jobs one can normally aspire to after college. I'm just not cut out for your standard, non-exciting job...i desperately need something to be passionate about. Currently, without boring you with the details, I've come to see myself finding that passion either an academic or in the law (or, perhaps in both, as a legal scholar). These pursuits, however, will necessitate some SERIOUS preparation on my part over the coming months: cramming for the LSAT, revising my honors thesis for PhD apps, soliciting letters of recommendation, etc, etc, etc.

While we rightfully wear our AR addiction with pride, I think there comes a time for everyone when that addiction starts to intrude on significant portions of their life, as all addictions by definition will do eventually. Well, that's where I'm at now. For me to get done what it is I NEED to get done, I can't be cruising AR every hour or so.

So, until December (slightly before XMAS) I'll be MIA, AWOL, or otherwise absent. I'll fulfill my fantasy football duties for sure, with the weekly updates. In addition, I'll making weekly updates or so to my year-long journal, so I won't be entirely non-existent, though I certainly won't be a presence in any form for some time. Try not to miss my witty humor and general New England charm to much!
    I'll be the only one left on this board who has proper grammar!

Don't worry we'll keep those Texans in line for ya!

I guess I'll still see you on the grid iron.

Giver shit!

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

hey you smart fuck!you're not excused yet,haha

ok now you may go....haha.best of luck w/ your plans.i hope all turns out well.now get your shit together smarty pants!good luck and get your ass back here soon!!

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Shit, I think I'm going to cry. You will be missed bro!
    I wish I could stay off these boards, but shit, I got nothing else to do at work. So, at least i'm getting paid to deal with my addiction!!!!

Hope to see you around soon!

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    BigGreen.... I bow down to you sir. Those were pretty damn good, I'm still laughing.... Bro you will be missed. You're a good guy who deserves nothing but the best. One day I'd like to sit down to a cup of coffee and just debate about a few things and just pick your brain for an afternoon. I've had few friends that intrigue me, and that can hold their own in a quick witted conversation. I like to consider you one of the few that can. Living in these parts I have grown dumber and have substituted my proper speech for the Texas slang that most use around here. You are a true scholar and I wish you the best of luck my friend. We'll be here when you find yourself and can come on back.
    Last edited by BIG TEXAN; 09-10-2003 at 11:21 AM.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Okay, I've been keeping this one up my sleeve for some time, and it seems as good as any note to go out on.

You know you're 100% Texan if...
    It doesn't bother you to use an airport named for a man who died in an airplane crash.

You use the phrase "fixin' to" almost daily.

Someone you know has used a football schedule to plan their wedding date.

You've ever been excused from school because "the cows got out."

You can properly pronounce the town Mexia, Waxahachie and Mesquite.

You can remember the name of the last state legislator to introduce a bill involving castration and he didn't mean farm animals.

You know exactly what calf fries are, and eat them anyway.

You can recall hot summers by the year they happened easier than you can remember your mother's birthday.

You think that people who complain about the wind in their states are sissies.

You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door but by the availability of shade.

You have owned at least one belt buckle bigger than your fist.

A bad traffic jam involves two cars staring each other down at a four-way stop, each determined to be the most polite and let the other one go first.

When you hear a tornado siren, you go out and look for a funnel.

Your "place at the lake" has wheels under it.

You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, and bait all in the same store.

A Mercedes Benz is not a status symbol. A Chevy Silverado 3500 Extended Cab is.

You know that everything goes better with Ranch.

You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned how to multiply.

You have had this conversation:
    "You wanna Coke?"
    "Yep"
    "What kind?"
    "Dr. Pepper."

-------------------------------------------------

I'm out, you've been a great crowd, don't forget to tip your waitress....see you all in time for Xmas!
    Bro you're killing me!!

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Good luck bro!

talon is offline Senior Member

well miss ya
    Rambo, bro, I gotta know how long you were looking through the dictionary for that one....bwah ha ha....

Def. good luck BG, hope the testing/prep. comes along with success....

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Hell yeah!!! Ya didnt let me down BG
    Best of luck to you!

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Good luck in your travels, we all hope that you find your calling!

The Base is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    I'll be the only one left on this board who has proper grammar!

Don't worry we'll keep those Texans in line for ya!

I guess I'll still see you on the grid iron.

Giver shit!
    I'll have you know that I speak with the queens English my dear chap. How dare you suggest that one's grammar isn't up to scratch.

I challenge you to a Duel!! 10 paces - (at which point I'll fucking scarper!!)

Good Luck BG.

The Base is offline Associate Member

well miss ya
    Rambo,

Can you spell - Antidisestablishmentarianism? Do you know what it means!?? lol

Someone swallowes a dictionary! lol

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Well I for one will step outside the norm and say "good ridden to bad rubbish". And seeing how you can't find your ban button (I find it ironic you can't find that but you can come up with 100K ways to say good morning.......all in proper English.....with the biggest damn words I've ever seen) I can do so without fear of retribution (thinking up that word hurt almost as much as spelling it). J/J Big Green...............I'll miss you..........that dictionary you have for a brain is another matter. hahaha

someday is offline Member
    Man i got all those except the cows gettin out...although i did get to leave to help load pigs...........

Thread Information