Thread: Nip/Tuck on FX

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Nip/Tuck on FX

Okay..I have heard my colleagues bitching about this show for a few weeks becasue they say it sheds a negative light on our profession..So, after having enough of their crying today I decided I would see what all of the drama was about..So I watched my first episode of the show and I have to admit I actually enjoyed it..Maybe it's because I am quite a bit younger than most of the other Doctor's in my practice, or that I possibly am a bit more twisted, but this show was good..I can't wait until I go back in on Thursday and tell them all how much I liked it and that it made me ready to move down to Miami and practice..The one surgeon, though he is a bit disturbed, leads the life nearly every single male dreams about..

If you haven't seen it check it out and give me your take on the show..The episode I watched tonight involved the one Doctor taking his extremely beautiful model/girlfriend to an invitation only swingers party..He then spends the next several minutes watching her get off with this other attractive brunette..What's not to like???

It's not your normal run of the mill show..Moral issues, strong sexual suggestions, even a little nudity, but I liked the different concept..Maybe I just wish I was living in his shoes in Miami!!!!

But then again I accidentally watch an episode of "Queer eye for the straight guy" the other night and managed to laugh my ass off as these 5 guys totally transformed a badly dressed/groomed Jewish guys wardrobe, teeth, grooming, and apartment into a single guys wet dream..I actually enjoyed that show as well so maybe I need deep psychotherapy..

Doc M

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    My girlfriend forced me to watch an episode of queer eye, the one with the greek dude that was a mike bolton clone. I hate hate hate to admit it, but i thought it was funny.

bedrocked is offline Junior Member
    nip tuck is a great show, obviously sensationalized but it's based in miami so i'm sure it's not that far off base.

talon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    Okay..I have heard my colleagues bitching about this show for a few weeks becasue they say it sheds a negative light on our profession..So, after having enough of their crying today I decided I would see what all of the drama was about..So I watched my first episode of the show and I have to admit I actually enjoyed it..Maybe it's because I am quite a bit younger than most of the other Doctor's in my practice, or that I possibly am a bit more twisted, but this show was good..I can't wait until I go back in on Thursday and tell them all how much I liked it and that it made me ready to move down to Miami and practice..The one surgeon, though he is a bit disturbed, leads the life nearly every single male dreams about..

If you haven't seen it check it out and give me your take on the show..The episode I watched tonight involved the one Doctor taking his extremely beautiful model/girlfriend to an invitation only swingers party..He then spends the next several minutes watching her get off with this other attractive brunette..What's not to like???

It's not your normal run of the mill show..Moral issues, strong sexual suggestions, even a little nudity, but I liked the different concept..Maybe I just wish I was living in his shoes in Miami!!!!

But then again I accidentally watch an episode of "Queer eye for the straight guy" the other night and managed to laugh my ass off as these 5 guys totally transformed a badly dressed/groomed Jewish guys wardrobe, teeth, grooming, and apartment into a single guys wet dream..I actually enjoyed that show as well so maybe I need deep psychotherapy..

Doc M
    Uh oh, a psychopathic doctor, whats the world coming to...LOL. Yhea doc the show was pretty good and the females involved were delicious...Id watch it again....

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Yeah I am also ashamed to admit i thought "queer eye" was entertaining.

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    Nip/Tuck is awesome. It makes me want to go into the proffesion even more. Im with ya here Doc!

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    I seen a preview for that nip/tuck episode the other day on FX. just the preview looks awesome

BimBamBoom is offline Associate Member
    I'm in Miami, I do have to say it is quite a barbie world here...

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, I also have to admit. I actually TIVO that Queer eye show...But, I also watch the last episode of Boy meets boy...that seriously fucked me up. Watching two men kiss is the most freakish thing in the world.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    Yeah, I also have to admit. I actually TIVO that Queer eye show...But, I also watch the last episode of Boy meets boy...that seriously fucked me up. Watching two men kiss is the most freakish thing in the world.
    The show is a setup. All of the guys on there are straight except for one. You find this out at the end of the show.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    The show is a setup. All of the guys on there are straight except for one. You find this out at the end of the show.
    Yeah I knew that, but no matter what it was, 2 guys shouldn't be kissing on Television. Its just SO WRONG.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Yeah I knew that, but no matter what it was, 2 guys shouldn't be kissing on Television. Its just SO WRONG.
    whatever

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Wo I totally missed this thread. Doc you need to watch all the back episodes, it has some good underlying stories. The should be running another marithon some time soon. This is a good TV series + its passing the time until THe Shield comes out with its new season

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    AGREED. That is nasty... imo of course... and I am entitled to my opinion.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    bigol..I am keeping my eyes peeled for the back episodes of Nip/Tuck..And the Shield is by far one of my favorite..

Doc M

hehe Doc you dont like episode um... like 7 or 8.. on The shield Do you? hehe just playin... that was the one were julian started makin out with his boy toy... I was shocked... an fast playin it on DVD

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    Sorry for the offtopic but when does the next season of the shield start any1 know??

January 1st I think

Thread Information