Thread: legal pot in AK

bouya_ak is offline Junior Member

legal pot in AK

Pot is legal again in Alaska, too bad I quit
    Just thought I'd share this info

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Yeah but i'll bet the catch is that it's illegal to SMOKE pot.

realityarts is offline Member
    We should have the right to use plants as we see fit, as long as we are not infringing on others.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by realityarts
    We should have the right to use plants as we see fit, as long as we are not infringing on others.
    So you then believe in legalized heroine and cocaine?

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    So you then believe in legalized heroine and cocaine?
    Those aren't plants. They are made from it. A lot of substances can be manufactured from legal plants - which can become harmful or problematic.

It is definitely a hard subject to deal with, and very hard to control or "police" (if you will).

I know that heroine is synthesized from the plant Papaver somniferum, and that Cocaine is synthesized from the plant Erythroxylum coca.

Keeping marijuana from the publc has much to do with money... It certainly isn't a matter of public health and safety.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by realityarts
    Those aren't plants. They are made from it. A lot of substances can be manufactured from legal plants - which can become harmful or problematic.

It is definitely a hard subject to deal with, and very hard to control or "police" (if you will).

I know that heroine is synthesized from the plant Papaver somniferum, and that Cocaine is synthesized from the plant Erythroxylum coca.

Keeping marijuana from the publc has much to do with money... It certainly isn't a matter of public health and safety.
    I see what you're saying bro.

...but if I have the right to use plants as I see fit then I can make heroin and cocaine. Shit go get a poppy plant...slit the side of it and collect the milk every morning...smoke that shit and see what happens. Boil the head of the poppy plant and drink the tea and see what happens. Magic mushrooms are nothing more than a dried fungus.

IMHO we should not have free reign with all plants or organic materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    I see what you're saying bro.

...but if I have the right to use plants as I see fit then I can make heroin and cocaine. Shit go get a poppy plant...slit the side of it and collect the milk every morning...smoke that shit and see what happens. Boil the head of the poppy plant and drink the tea and see what happens. Magic mushrooms are nothing more than a dried fungus.

IMHO we should not have free reign with all plants or organic materials.
    Yes, it is a difficult situation...

Adults now have the right to go into a store and buy enough alcohol to kill themselves and anyone else in their drunken wake. There are many more examples.

Often prohibition is much worse than allowing adults to make decisions for themselves - as long as we still take action against those who infringe on the lives of others (driving while intoxicated, assault...).

There are MANY poisonous plants that people can use to kill themselves and others, but we don't forbid them from growing [...] (because there is no money in them, so who cares).

Most people will behave responsibly. I can go out now and (legally) buy as many bottles of Vodka as I want. I can get totally drunk. Who cares? No one, unless I violate someone else's rights - then there are consequences. They used to think that it was better to have major gun battles over keeping alcohol illegal, but found that it was much more humane and orderly to allow people to make their own choice - all the while keeping them in check with laws to protect others...

Thread Information