wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member

Need a computer Greek Quick

My computer isnt letting me in at all I keeps saying "You need to run Windows with Microsoft do you want to access Windows" I click yes and it kicks me off I click no It kicks me off does anyone know why this is happening I am currently at a friends how so I need help quick

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    what version of windows do you have? You might be able to use system restore in DOS mode to correct the problem. Have you installed any new programs lately?

Here is something you can try without harming your computer. Go to your friends house (assuming he has the same windows version as you) create a startup disk when you get to your house insert the disk into your floppy drive turn on your computer when prompted how you would like to start windows first try all the options given to you one by one if those fail to get you into windows then reset your computer again when taken back to the option screen press SHIFT +F5 at the same time this will bring up the command prompt. At the command prompt type AUTOEXEC.BAT You will then be taken to a help screen read through scroll down and then escape back to the command prompt. At the command prompt type: in A: drive type "scanreg/restore" Or just "scanreg" it's one of the two. You will be taken to the DOS VERSION of system restore which by the way works. Anywhoo assuming that you do have restore points just choose a restore point date that you knew your computer worked. Restore will restore your system reg back to that state and you should be able to start windows with no problems. Hope this works for you bro..

Peace out

I have windows XP

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    ah, do you mean "do you want to activate windows?"

Yeah

you click yes and it shuts down? that's highly unusual. After you click yes it should bring you to one of the three activation modes.. phone, internet, or something i can't remember. Is your copy pirated or legitamate?

Someone installed it on the computer so Im not sure I worked for 4 months then that came up and it wont let me in

did you have any major hardware changes? Usually that will prompt reactivation. You need the product code for that copy of windows XP. Can you describe exactly what happens when you click "yes"?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by wrstlr69sdnl
    Someone installed it on the computer so Im not sure I worked for 4 months then that came up and it wont let me in
    Did he leave you the product key for Windows XP or do you have one from your other PC? If so I have a hack for you that will get around having to activat on line or by phone.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    did you have any major hardware changes? Usually that will prompt reactivation. You need the product code for that copy of windows XP. Can you describe exactly what happens when you click "yes"?
    This database file for activation could have gotten corrupted Windows\system32\wpa.dbl.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    I have a removable harddrive and no I dont have the product key actually it wont even let me in windows to do anything it just logs me off everytime

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Did he leave you the product key for Windows XP or do you have one from your other PC? If so I have a hack for you that will get around having to activat on line or by phone.
    No he didnt leave the product key whats the hack?

Thanks for the help

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    you mean you have recieved your free "windows xp corperate edition" in the mail? hehe or aquired it somewhere like o.... O wait I cant say that.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    WHAT THE HELL IS WITH ALL THE RACISIM ON THIS BOARD? HUH?!?

Why the HELL does it have to be a Greek computer person huh?

just kidding

Following the advice of the others, seems like they know wut to do. Is it like a no-name brand computer? Did you buy it long time ago? Any chance you still have the warranty?

Someone put it together for me so ya I would say no name

i built my own computer or should i say assembled it, i don't it's the puter. My buddy has xp and a builder computer and his is hacked and works just fine. Windows technology is getting better and better as far as security is concerned, but there will always be somebody else who can break the code.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I just noticed you typed that you need a Computer "Greek". I dunno about you, but I'm laughing my ass off! You the man! You just made my day!

Thread Information