KeyMastur is offline VET

windows XP activation

anyone know the limit for the number of activations you can have for a copy of windows xp ?? trying to install it on the 3 desktops here in my own house. i'm thinking it should be alright since it's in the privacy of my own house.

mugzy is offline Vet~ Protector of the Community
    your ok bro.......

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by mugzy
    your ok bro.......
    actually, i'm not. it's giving me the message that there's already been too many activations with this serial number. i don't know if i should call the telephone number they refer me to or not. it came preinstalled on my mother's new computer downstairs. i just took the unopened xp cd and installed it my father's computer when i was redoing it last night. and then i decided to format all my crap off (xp pro) and start over from scratch with xp home because i don't need all the xp pro features.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If you call, microsoft is going to tell you that you need to buy a registeration number for each unit running XP or have a licensed copy for each pc. Xp sucks in this matter, this was one of the reasons for XP comming out, to many people were sharing OS's and microsoft felt as if they were loosing a bunch of money by pirating and sharing software.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

mugzy is offline Vet~ Protector of the Community
    Go to kazaa and look for windows xp key generator

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by mugzy
    Go to kazaa and look for windows xp key generator
    yeah but not all those work.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    dont get it off of kazaa because you wont be able to get the updates. You are only allowed 1 activation. You need to contact microsoft, tell them whats up, and they will give you more activation numbers....unless they dont trust you i guess.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Just call microsoft and tell them that you need the code. They will ask why. Tell them that your PC got invested with Virus's and you had to rebuild. Works everytime!!!! If they say you've done it twice already, just tell them that when your reinstalled and backedup your data, the data was infested...

The good news is I have the coporate edition of XP professional and It never asks you.....

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    The good news is I have the coporate edition of XP professional and It never asks you.....
    i've got the same thing, but don't want to put Pro back on. had a friend who went to UT get a copy b/c they get MS software for around 5 bucks a CD i think.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    went ahead and downloaded XP Activation Hack from http://astalavista.box.sk and it seems to be working.

if i have any more pop-ups or if it won't work after 30 days, then i'll just reinstall that version of Pro.

Wh don't you want to run professional at home?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    Wh don't you want to run professional at home?
    i dunno. don't really need it. i like changin things up every now and then. hell, i might put windows 3.11 for workgroups back on here and see how fast it runs.

Dear god!!!! Windows 3.11..Wow, those were the days.......

If you need anything from me, just let me know...I have enough software to start a war!!!!

Thread Information